Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Whistling wind noise around driver's door
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
r5gordini

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Oh dear Sad

My TMC just isn't working right... Other than that and the whistling mirror all is ok!

Really like the car, just hope I can get the niggles sorted. Sorry to hear about yours, don't understand why these things are so hard to get right sometimes. FYI I think the infotainment system is a bit slow too but not hugely so.

Andrew

Post #99472026th Oct 2012 9:49 pm
Wisslon

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Had my ex demo HSE disco 4 with 8 speed box since 31st of Dec 2012. Love the car except I am a person that picks up noises. Depending on external wind speeds my disco makes a whistling sound around the drivers door at speeds between 65 and 75 mph. Had work at the dealers over the past few days which included re aligning the drivers door. Drove home all hopeful whistle was gone but alas no such luck. Dealer has invited me next week to take a technician out with me for him/her to listen. After reading below, will try tape around mirror this weekend to see what difference before going back. Also had a strong draft in neck on right hand turns - really freaky but that seems to have been cured by the re fitting of the door. I suppose if I keep it under 65 I save fuel and I won't go mad!!
Will report on this site if I succeed. In mean time if anybody discoverys a solution (sorry) PLEASE post it and I'll take the cure to the dealers. THANKS.

Post #106428128th Feb 2013 10:47 pm
r5gordini

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hi - I have found that the whistling is caused by the vertical gap between the post on the door and the mirror (that gets closed when the mirror is out. Some tape over the vertical gap stops the noise. However, it's not yet been fixed. The dealer took the mirror off and apart and everything was to spec.

Let me know how you get on.

Andrew

Post #10643601st Mar 2013 12:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >