Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Whoosh/whistle type noise when brake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Hasey

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Whoosh/whistle type noise when brake

Hey, hope all are well my wife has reported a issue to me regarding our disco 3, she said she can hear a whoosh/whistle noise when she touches the brakes, not all the time more when she going slower like up to a junction/lights she said when she first heard it the brakes didn’t seem to work properly and had to pull the parking brake through fear of over running. I went out for a drive today and myself can hear the noise is said all was ok but did feel I had to push the brakes a little harder then normal when I came to a stop, had my wife push the brakes while I had a look at the brake servo etc to see if i could hear any noises, I did hear the servo working when the pedal was pushed, don’t know if that’s normal, there was a few cobwebs around and when the pedal was pushed though I could see the cobwebs moving but don’t know if it pedal or something else. Is it possible for the servo to develop a leak around the seal? Had new brake fluid done few months back so could there be air in the system? Oh the noise sounds like it comes from the cluster just under steering wheel. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Post #214973727th May 2020 8:48 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Search oil in servo.
If you remove the vac pipe from the servo (can be tight) you then use a cable tie as a dipstick to see if any oil is present.
But I dont think this is your issue, but you never know, and it is free to check!

We had the same noise on the wifes Audi, and that was the servo seal dying, new servo fixed it.

Post #214978428th May 2020 6:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >