DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

2005 55 Plate (2006 MY) D3 TDV6 HSE - Price advice wanted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
kaiser

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
2005 55 Plate (2006 MY) D3 TDV6 HSE - Price advice wanted

Hi all,

I am going to be selling my beloved D3 TDV6 HSE in early Feb as I need to free up some funds for other things. Madness I know, what I would like to know is what would be a reasonable price to advertise it for please? I have seen some with higher mileage for over £17, 500 (some well above that!) on Autotrader but I do want to make sure both I and the buyer get a fair price. Can anyone help? I have already looked at the usual value your car sites......

It it a 55 plate 2006MY with FLRSH, in Buck Blue, with side tube steps, rear aircon, black/silver badge upgrade, full sound system, rear tints, new smooth style wheel, proper LR Wood centre dash trim, cream leather (in good nick), centre console fridge, FBH, LR Bluetooth, enhanced Sat Nav, new style cup holders, new Goodyear M&S Tyre all round, full tow pack (minus detachable tow bar) full set LR rubber mats, etc etc. It basically has the lot apart from rear DVD or front TV.

Includes a BAS Interface - your choice of normal performance or fast and economical!

She has done around 72K miles, never off-roaded and has been very well looked after, but still used a family car with 1 previous owner.

So, what price should I go for? Any expert help appreciated! Thumbs Up

Kaiser

PS - please see my gallery for pics inside and out.

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Please ensure your listing complies with the For Sale/Wanted Rules

Only put it in the FS&W section when it is formally for sale please
 2006MY Buck Blue HSE with Alpaca & Wood
Steel side tubes/steps
Black & Silver LR badge upgrade
Chrome bits on front/side/back!

B A S INTERFACE - Torquey 'tastic

Also a funky Red 2005 Mini Cooper S with Union Jack Roof (My Wife's - Honest!) 

Last edited by kaiser on 19th Jan 2011 1:13 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #74697615th Jan 2011 1:09 am
disco3wannabe

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: 2005 55 Plate (2006 MY) D3 TDV6 HSE Almost for sale!

Sounds like a lovely car Very Happy

We are looking at the moment and on this site, Glynne is selling an 05 HSE with 100k miles for £15995 http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic51769.html

Cornishboy an HSE 54 plate with 114k miles for £13,500 http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic55583.html

So, I think it depends on how quickly you want to sell and what you think you can get away with!

Personally, although we're looking, I think that unless something super comes up at a reasonable price we are going to wait til the Summer when pump prices start to get people down and everyone has forgotten the snow and ice and hopefully, D3 prices come down some. I've seen a post where a few other people posted about doing the same so if you are planning on selling, sell it sooner rather than later...

Post #74701415th Jan 2011 10:30 am
PGW97

United Kingdom 

We are also looking for a D3 but in no rush so will be interested to see what impact fuel costs ,time of year and other factors have on the market-from my albeit limited observations so far it seems that cars offered for private sale at something like Glass's trade buying in price are being sold quickly just now while those priced closer to retail hang on longer unless exceptional- while not new to landrovers I don't know that I am confident enough about the D3 to buy a higher mileage example and think that maybe other potential-and admittedly possibly ill-informed-buyers might feel the same, just my two bob's worth and best of luck with your sale mate Thumbs Up

Post #74712315th Jan 2011 3:13 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

PGW97 wrote:
while not new to landrovers I don't know that I am confident enough about the D3 to buy a higher mileage example and think that maybe other potential-and admittedly possibly ill-informed-buyers might feel the same, just my two bob's worth and best of luck with your sale mate Thumbs Up

answer, buy a "up to 5 year old/ max 75k miles" and walk in to yer nearest LR dealer and buy a 12 or 24 month unlimited mileage warranty - sorted Thumbs Up

as for "high mileage" D3's perhaps I'm a wee bit luckier than most or just have a very good LR dealer looking after me every needs.......... 385k now Whistle

Post #74717315th Jan 2011 5:21 pm
character

kaiser, my genuine best advice, auctions are doing VERY well selling these D3's 55/06 platers at record highs (often over Glasses/Cap guide prices) due to short supply of 07/57 platers (fewer vehicles registered in 07 compared to previous years and lease companies/company owned vehicles were extended to 4 years road use rather than 3 as per normal), LR main dealers are also very keen on vehicles up to 5 years old/ max 75k miles as a LR Approved warranty can be added Thumbs Up

Might mean spending a morning, but south of Birmingham most LR dealers will be very possitive about such a genuine D3 whereas it might be a wee bit of a big ask for joe public to shell out a shed load of money without some decent warranty/comeback Thumbs Up

Next 3 months will see the 08 plate vehicles comin thru the system/dealers forecourts so yer have a short window...... BUT KEEP THE MILEAGE UNDER 75K Shocked

Post #74717615th Jan 2011 5:27 pm
beerok

character wrote:
PGW97 wrote:
while not new to landrovers I don't know that I am confident enough about the D3 to buy a higher mileage example and think that maybe other potential-and admittedly possibly ill-informed-buyers might feel the same, just my two bob's worth and best of luck with your sale mate Thumbs Up

answer, buy a "up to 5 year old/ max 75k miles" and walk in to yer nearest LR dealer and buy a 12 or 24 month unlimited mileage warranty - sorted Thumbs Up

as for "high mileage" D3's perhaps I'm a wee bit luckier than most or just have a very good LR dealer looking after me every needs.......... 385k now Whistle

Hey Character,
Any idea how much a 12/24 warranty is roughly?

Cheers

Post #74720215th Jan 2011 6:08 pm
PGW97

United Kingdom 

Thanks Character-I thought my old D1 did well to make 187K without any problems but 385K is very impressive-good tip about the LR warranty too,though the car I am looking for is likely not to meet the criteria as I am would like one that attracts the lower VED rate. Will check out Warranty Direct too. Good to see that the OP shouldn't have much difficulty realising a good price for his vehicle in the current market Thumbs Up

Post #74722715th Jan 2011 6:50 pm
character

you can still get a LR "select " warranty for vehicles over 5 years/ 75k Thumbs Up

Post #74723015th Jan 2011 6:55 pm
character

beerok, my understanding is around £1000 for 12 months, not sure on 24 months, prices are fixed so all LR dealers will price the same, you have to have a "pre-warranty" inspection which is somewhere around £150- £180 and have any issues addressed before hand, however if yer can find a recently serviced vehicled and buy the warranty from that dealer you might be able to negotiate the pre-inspection Thumbs Up

I also believe you can pay monthly, but not 100% sure.

Post #74723415th Jan 2011 6:57 pm
PGW97

United Kingdom 

Thanks very much mate-will add this to the things I need to check out as we step up the search for "the one"

Cheers,

Steve Thumbs Up

Post #74723515th Jan 2011 6:59 pm
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I did nothing for the last couple of months but scour the classifieds numerous times daily and picked one identical apart from being black, having 62k and missing the 'H' from the boot badge.

I would advertise it at £19k, and be prepared to shake hands on worst case £18,200.00, more likely £18.5k.

Mine was £15,600.00, but I landed very lucky and it wasn't representative of the prices I was seeing.
Good luck Thumbs Up
Rob
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #74752816th Jan 2011 9:47 am
PGW97

United Kingdom 

Hi Kaiser,

According to Glass's ( I realise it's only a guide) a dealer would value a standard 2005/55 Reg HSE with 72K miles at £15,800 assuming excellent condition -which I'm sure yours is. Might be worth talking to a couple of dealers to get a base line and take it from there? good luck with whatever you decide-sounds like a lovely car! Thumbs Up

Post #74761616th Jan 2011 1:24 pm
nickmak

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Some of you guys may be bored of me saying this but I got quoted £16,500 at my dealer for a 4 owner, 38k miles. '05 reg clean D3.

I sold my D3 at webuyanycar.com for a shade under £19,000.

Hope this helps! Thumbs Up
 Visit my car detailing blog at http://maksimumdetail.wordpress.com  
Post #74761816th Jan 2011 1:28 pm
character

Glasses guide is so out of date and not in tune with the market for these D3's, auctions are fetching 2-3k over book at moment Thumbs Up

Post #74774816th Jan 2011 6:24 pm
kaiser

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks guys, webuyanycar.com is quoting £17,860 subject to inspection. Not a bad price at all! I suspect I may go down this route as it is a good price and far less hassle than selling privately.

Will keep you posted.

Kaiser

Ps, I have a BAS interface, but can I do anything with it once I have sold the D3 or will it be redundant if it doesn't go with the D3?
 2006MY Buck Blue HSE with Alpaca & Wood
Steel side tubes/steps
Black & Silver LR badge upgrade
Chrome bits on front/side/back!

B A S INTERFACE - Torquey 'tastic

Also a funky Red 2005 Mini Cooper S with Union Jack Roof (My Wife's - Honest!) 

Post #74804917th Jan 2011 10:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >