DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air Con will not swith off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
boycieb

United Kingdom 
Air Con will not swith off

Hi all

When I switch the a/c off the a/c continues to operate although both lights are off on the switch, any ideas please.[/quote]

Post #68409219th Aug 2010 4:04 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

if the lights are off, it means it is working.

you need to press the OFF switch so that the LED lights up below the OFF button! Very Happy
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #68410119th Aug 2010 4:15 pm
boycieb

United Kingdom 

J@mes wrote:
if the lights are off, it means it is working.

you need to press the OFF switch so that the LED lights up below the OFF button! Very Happy

That's not what the book says, when I push the auto I have 2 lights and the a/c will continue at full fan until the required temp is acheived, if I push the button again it allows me to controlthe fan power, if I the open one of the vent buttons it should extinguish both lights and switch the a/c off and then use the cold/hot as required.

Post #68416819th Aug 2010 8:33 pm
CJM625

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Get told James Whistle
 2015 BMW i3 REX
2014 Golf GTD DSG 

Post #68419819th Aug 2010 9:20 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

been told! If I want to switch my a/c off, I press the off button. I didn't even know there was a way of using the heating/ cooling panel without the a/c on, apart from in the econ mode which still has it partially on anyway!
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #68420719th Aug 2010 9:36 pm
catweasel

boycieb wrote:
if I the open one of the vent buttons it should extinguish both lights and switch the a/c off and then use the cold/hot as required.
you talk of the auto button so will assume you have climate control and not the base aircon.the two lights in the auto button are for the fan and the vent controls, when they are both on the ac is in auto. if you operate the fan (top light I think) or the vent control (bottom) then they will go to manual operation and the relevant light will go off. hit the auto again and full auto will be resumed. the aircon never switches off unless you hit the off button you are just manually controlling it. when off the off button will be illuminated and you can switch the ac on by adjusting a temp control or the fan control, vent switch, defrost mode(?), recirc(?), auto button, rear controls (if present) and of course the off button turns it on too. been a while since I used it so some ways of turning it on may be incorrect but thats its basic operation.  
Post #68424220th Aug 2010 12:35 am
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

J@mes wrote:
If I want to switch my a/c off, I press the off button. I didn't even know there was a way of using the heating/ cooling panel without the a/c on, apart from in the econ mode which still has it partially on anyway!

I'll second that: off switches off, econ IIRC just uses the aircon compressor at 5% max and the lights on the auto button simply mean the system has control of fan and vents; adjusting either manually will simply give manual control and extinguish the relevant light, but aircon is still on (or at 5% if econ is also pressed).

IIRC, there's a quote about this on here...
 ==> Guide - Inexpensive AV Modification
==> Guide - Extend the multimedia of your Discovery III (September 2011, v1.2 uploaded)  
Post #68428120th Aug 2010 9:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

I'll third all that Thumbs Up

Aircon will only switch off if you press the OFF button.

Both lights on = full auto.

One light on = manual override of either fan speed or vent operation. If fan, you get a ring of lights around fan speed selector, if vent the light in the relevant air distribution switch will be on.

No lights on = manual override of fan and vent so you will have a ring of lights around fan speed selector and a distribution switch light on
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #68428520th Aug 2010 9:16 am
bambi

England 

yup i'll go with that, both lights on auto button, car in control of vents and fan, you pick the temp and poss recirculate,

press any button and you gain some or all control depending on selection, press the off button to turn off.

Post #68451120th Aug 2010 7:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >