Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Coolant Loss
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Coolant Loss

It seems my D3 is now losing coolant. It did te same about 12 months ago. It went into Yeovil and they sad nothing was wrong. Pressure test done hot and cold but still no fault found. After it came back it stopped losing fluid.
Checked the washer fluid today and Censored me it's lost fluid again.

Every time it goes as far as the min level and no lower. But I don't understand where it's going. THere are no visible leaks, no staining. YLR said it was losing coolant because I have some LF's inset in the grill. Go figure that logic. Or it could be an over enthusiastic showroom staff giving his opinion. But he said it had been noted on their records about the lights.
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #73901230th Dec 2010 5:56 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Why would LF's set into the grill trigger coolant loss?

Have you thought about the EGR coolers, heard they can leak from time to time Mark, somebody on the forum had this, took a while to locate the location and ended up there.

Post #73901530th Dec 2010 5:59 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I did speak to Nick afterwards and relayed to him what I'd been told and he didn't believe it either. I can't see that my LF's block more airflow than a OEM A bar and spotlights.
It's booked in with Guy Salmon in Brizzle next Fri for them to have a look.
Plus as the warranty runs out mid Jan, I have gone through the car and found a list of things that need looking at. The list was quite long when I went in today.
EGR coolers/Fuel cooler was mentoned by Nick last time but as the leak stopped I assumed they'd just tightened something up to cure it

As a side note I wanted to look at the 110DC they had on the forecourt. I'm seriously thinking of buying 1 as soon as funds allow. Problem was today. It's gone. And most of their stock had SOLD stickers on it. Seems the basd weather has done sales a world of good there

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #73902030th Dec 2010 6:04 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well I am waiting for the HOLY GRAIL, definative pics of a NEW Defender (or whatever its gonna be called)...Then I will decide which LR product to buy next Whistle

Post #73902430th Dec 2010 6:08 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Well my plan is to buy a 110DC and kit that out for foreign trips etc. And turn the D3 back into a tarmac warrior. Not sure if the Patriot roofrack can be adapted to fit a 110. If not it'll be in the for sale section as and when

Post #73902930th Dec 2010 6:10 pm
Tawny Owl

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Good luck with Salmon Shocked Laughing

Post #73915830th Dec 2010 9:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >