Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 Paddle Gear Shift V2 a software free Wireless mod
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

bellautos wrote:
I didnt use a 555 in the end, i just wired the receiver to the gearbox ecu shift wires and its done.

pete

Great! I had missed this post so wont bother with the hall-effect sensors when I get to fit mine.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #81238929th Jun 2011 9:56 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I found a likely-looking connector in the 2nd battery area that had wires with coloured insulation of those of the gearshift wiring so hooked-up my remotely operated relay box. Not only did I get the correct wires (a brown and a yellow - there were 2 yellows) but I even wired the relays the correct way. Using double-sided tape, the remote is stuck discretely onto the side of the steering wheel below the phone switches, with the top button to upshift and the lower button to downshift. I've only tested it on my property but look forward to not having to go into sport mode (which often causes a downshift) to bump up a gear.

I found that the insulation on the wires on 1 side of the connector could not be melted using a soldering iron. I assume that side goes to the gearbox and the insulation has extra good heat-resistant properties to withstand exhaust heat.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #8132172nd Jul 2011 7:34 am
sbeuerle

It is mentioned in the beginning of the threat, that there might be a software solution to enable the paddles via software. Is this the case for a MY2010 D4 HSE built in 2009?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Post #9064867th Mar 2012 8:54 pm
aljo

England 

Im doing this mod with a 4 channel receiver !on a D3 Have sorted out the rf transmitter in the steering wheel replacing the 6v battery in the key fob with a 6v regulated feed so eliminating replacing batteries every so often ! Can anyone explain the correct connections to make from the receiver to the gearbox ? Receiver is ak-rk04s rough diagram showing connections would be ideal Thumbs Up

Post #97749115th Sep 2012 2:18 pm
ids

England 

GraemeS wrote:
I found a likely-looking connector in the 2nd battery area that had wires with coloured insulation of those of the gearshift wiring so hooked-up my remotely operated relay box. Not only did I get the correct wires (a brown and a yellow - there were 2 yellows) but I even wired the relays the correct way. Using double-sided tape, the remote is stuck discretely onto the side of the steering wheel below the phone switches, with the top button to upshift and the lower button to downshift. I've only tested it on my property but look forward to not having to go into sport mode (which often causes a downshift) to bump up a gear.

I found that the insulation on the wires on 1 side of the connector could not be melted using a soldering iron. I assume that side goes to the gearbox and the insulation has extra good heat-resistant properties to withstand exhaust heat.

Hi GraemeS,

Know its an old thread but did you manage to a get a picture or could you describe the wires to connect to ?

Cheers

Ids

Post #127770130th Apr 2014 10:09 pm
robbo770

Scotland 

Very similar work that we did over on FFRR Forum for the 4.4, 4.2 SC and later models Thumbs Up

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic6133.html
 FFRR SC 4.2

Rejected!! RRS2
Fit TDV6 intercooler hoses
Fast Road intercooler
De-Cat pipe
D3 to B4 front end Upgrade
OEM TV/DVD Screens+wireless Headphones! 

Post #131575324th Jul 2014 11:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >