DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

engine tune
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mike.oneill

United Kingdom 
engine tune

hi all
i have nearly 5000 killometers up on my 09xs commercial and wonder what miles would you
recomend before haveing engine chipped also would anyone know where to have it done in
this part of the world[south kerry]
my d3 is running great with no problems and showing 30.3miles per gallon on the commputer
with a mix of driveing styles including a fast run over to kent, a few weeks ago but sorry to say
the snow had all but gone but found a few flooded roads to play in on the way back when we
stopped in kenilworth for a few days ,and called at the stealers on the A45 just out of coventry
to buy a set of roof bars at £178 instead of 253euro at the stealers in kerry so if you think
prices are high in the uk should see them over here.
thanks.
mike.
 old git  
Post #4340016th Mar 2009 4:20 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi Mike

Welcome on board Thumbs Up

Yeah prices are mad over here but usually a good amount of parts come up on the site from time to time so keep an eye out. Also main supplier of new parts on here is Nick, aka TheLargeOne, pm him if you need any thing and he'll give you a great deal. Posts to Ireland too. Discounts for forum members which aint bad at all.

There are a few options on chipping/ tuning alright. Havent had it done myself but those who have recommend it.

If you're thinking of having any mods done, have a look at this thread and see what you think
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic31282.html
meeting up next weekend to have various bits done.

There are regular enough meets over here for us irish lads so be sure to keep an eye out in the events bit - the more the merrier Thumbs Up
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #4340086th Mar 2009 4:42 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Mike ,

Options for remaps over here are : Bell Autos ( Site Sponsor) see posts on the maintenance & modifications section , Turbochip by Chris Tyler site member but dont know if he is still doing this and finally Torqtune provided by site member 10forcash ( Site Sponsor) who is UK based but who will be over here for a few days in the middle of this month and am pretty sure could fit you in.

Post #4340096th Mar 2009 4:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I type with one finger.

Post #4340106th Mar 2009 4:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marcon

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Mike and welcome to the site. Thumbs Up

Post #4341656th Mar 2009 9:27 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi MIke

Please see here for the switching soloution i have available, this may suite you as your car is under warranty and will no doubt be going there for service etc.

I think this would be the best soloution for you over a remap which may get lost/removed during a dealer software update or in some cases general service.

And also is removable before dealer visits to help prevent problems with dealer warranty and a tuned car.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic29035.html

A remap/reflash from a tuner may suite you better but it may be advisable if you choose this option to have it don localy incase of a dealer software update then it will make it easer for the reinstall from a local if it gets overwriten and removed.

Regards Pete

Post #4342706th Mar 2009 11:48 pm
mike.oneill

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up thanks everybody for your replies and help and i will have to consider best option
for a engine tune.
i will be keeping lookout for irish meets and will perhaps meet up with some of you lads.
mike.
 old git  
Post #4344107th Mar 2009 1:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >