Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

FBH guide for a novice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NIDisco3

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
FBH guide for a novice

Guys I know this topic has been covered to death but I cannot get a simple answer despite searching endlessly.

My FBH wasn't working all through that cold snap at the beginning of the year, it was in with the dealer last week and I asked them to have a look at it. They couldn't find any faults and said the FBH was working fine, and sure enough went in the dealer forecourt as soon as the Disco was started it kicked into action.. however it hasnt worked since again Rolling Eyes

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what could be the problem now, I have the Air-Con set to auto and the "econ" switch also on.. is this correct or should it even matter what way the Climate Control system is set up. I have tried all settings, Auto Air-Con Off and blowers set to high... system turned off.. Temp set high and low all with no luck Crying or Very sad

Secondly I have read on a few occasions about "rebooting" the FBH by removing the fuse in the engine compartment.. can anyone give me a few tips how to go about this safely and not causing any damage, what fuse to remove, how long to remove it etc etc Thumbs Up

Post #60574718th Feb 2010 5:00 pm
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Are you 100% certain it is'nt working? It does not matter what you have selected in the cabin, if its below 5 degress it will come on about a minute or two after you start your engine.
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #60575418th Feb 2010 5:05 pm
NIDisco3

Yes 100%, despite leaving the car running for 10-15 min some mornings..nothing, there is no smoke or white smoke coming from the small exhaust in the passenger wheel arch and the FBH itself is freezing cold.

Post #60575818th Feb 2010 5:08 pm
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Look here.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic43944-60.html
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #60577318th Feb 2010 5:24 pm
Matty 2332

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Dont use econ mode, just set the heaters to auto, make sure you have sufficient fuel - no low fuel lights, temp 4 degrees or less - (should show snow flake), start the car up, leave it running, (it take a minute or 2 to fire up)all doors and bonnet closed, listen for the noise - sort of rumbling near the fns wheel arch, as soon as you open the door it was cancel and go into shut down mode. If despite all this you cannot hear any noise I would say its locked out. take it back to the stealers and get them to re-check. Good luck

Post #60577618th Feb 2010 5:27 pm
chrisc

England 

I don't know if Econ or auto makes setting makes a difference mines on Econ but still has a mind of it's own but best to try every option

Post #60578118th Feb 2010 5:33 pm
hensoni

United Kingdom 

Do you park on a slope? I've read on here that it will not start if the vehicle is parked facing down a slope greater than a few degrees. There is also a side slope restriction. There is a pdf on here somewhere with the original LR / Webasto literature but I can't find it.

It would also appear that early models like yours and mine will not reset w/o fault code clearing after three failed starts - I had 3 engine starts in the cold last week with the low fuel light on and it steadfastly refuses to start up after working fine all the way through January.

As a consequence, the engine takes ages to warm up and the gearbox keeps the revs high when accelerating up the same dual-carriageway hill every morning compared to when the FBH is operational. Fuel economy has dropped slightly too so it's worth getting it sorted. Mine is going into the dealers next Wednesday.

Post #60609518th Feb 2010 11:39 pm
NIDisco3

Car is parked on a flat driveway, getting the same symptoms as you "hensoni", gearbox holding the revs high, thought it was the EGR valves at first and had these checked and was told they are working perfectly!

Thanks for all the replies guys.. Ill give the manual reset a go first then and hopefully that'll work if it dosnt no doubt I'll have to go to the dealer yet again. Rolling Eyes

Post #60636419th Feb 2010 4:58 pm
hgrimmett

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

>>Fuel economy has dropped slightly too so it's worth getting it sorted

Errr, if you have a look at the thread about 'poor mpg since recall work' I think you'll find it may be a tough call whether having the FBH improves overall mpg or not!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
D4 '15 (64) Se Tech Indus Silver
Tesla Model Y LR (22)
Audi TT Roadster 225 (52)
Tesla Model 3 LR (70) (gone)
Porsche Boxster '96 2.5 5spd project (P)
Mini R52 S (54)
BMW 330e eDrive MSport '16 (gone)
D3 '07 (56) XS TDV6 Buckingham Blue (gone) 

Post #60666619th Feb 2010 11:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >