I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

lr1 wrote:
dickgriff,

Actually "I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again" sounds like a question.

Confused I suspect you will find that with the lack of a Question it is actually more of a statement. Looks nothing like a question to me.

lr1 wrote:
Posters are free to enter whatever comments they like on the thread it is not for you to sensor or limit feedbact, even if you could!

So....are you trying to censor me ???

My 'toungue - in - cheek' comments are in the main taken in the manner intended (Penguin for example). I am 'Laughingly' trying to assist in steering this thread into what the postee quite obviously intended it to be and as much as the moaning posters have an entitlement to post, then I also have an entitlement to express my opinon - whether or not other posters wish to take notice of what I type is also their right.

If you don't like it - then that is YOUR opinion ...............

.........and you are entitled to it Ner Ner
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 19th May 2006 1:54 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #5910219th May 2006 9:56 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Play nicely now boys Smile

Post #5910419th May 2006 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

lr1 I am a little bemused, you seem to be saying IYO the D3 is a load of rubbish. If that is the case reject the car or trade it in for a different one that does suit your needs/expectations. VW will do you a great deal to get into a new Touareg as I'm sure many others will. That way you can enjoy a perfect car and let us deluded souls enjoy our inferior machines whilst broken down on the side of the road.

For me I am a realist, I have looked and tried, but I came to the conclusion despite my mixed experience the D3 was still the best in class. Investigations also made me realise that all brands have problems it is the way your dealer looks after you that makes the difference. Mine did a good job and tried their best, if yours doesn't vote with your feet.

You can try to spoil what was a genuine attempt to show that the car is not as flawed as people might be led to believe and those that have had their cars for many thousands of miles and years of ownership are quite qualified to comment. They should also be allowed to continue the thread without intervention. There is plenty of room on the forum to discuss problems or issues, but little to give praise.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5910719th May 2006 10:12 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

Pelyma,

First of all I have never said that the D3 is a load of rubbish, I did suggest that as a question for an alternative thread as some were not happy, that I did not go along with the crowd, and say "The D3 is brilliant and will be no matter what".

You need to actually read what I did say about buying another one from my first post "would I buy again, probably"

So try actually reading my posts.

You also seem to think that I am trying to "spoil what was a genuine attempt to show that the car is not as flawed as people might be led to believe"

As for "They should also be allowed to continue the thread without intervention."

Might I point out I will state my views whether you like them or not, and will continue to.

You can now look forward to me participating fully in giving my view!!

Post #5911119th May 2006 10:23 am
Pelyma

England 

Full and lively participation should be encouraged, but at the same time that does come with some responsibility. 90% or more of this forums on topic discussion is around problems people have and how to resolve them. This unfortunately, due to human nature, creates the impression that all D3's have problems and the owners are unhappy.

This thread had been clearly set up with the intention of highlighting the fact. I feel it is very poor manners to try to twist it to a moaning post. Dickgriff tried to give a hint as I have done that this one thread is not the place, I feel you should respect that.

To quote you, "I have had my own fair share of faults. would I buy again, probably " You answered the question there - simple. If the thread had been about problems encountered then you would have been justified in carrying on. Please let us discuss the question raised so that viewers can use it as the powerful resource it should be.

Post #5911519th May 2006 10:45 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

So now in reply you actually have read this time what I said in my posts (even quoting me). Try doing this more often when you reply. You made yourself look very silly in your previous responses.

Since you quoted me and my reference to my faults, my LR3 issues to date:

1. Compressor failure – Replaced
2. Faulty seat heat adjuster, seat frame replaced
3. Warning light problems suspension and park brake amber warning lights.
4. Suspension and park brake amber warning lights, park brake amber warning light. (water ingress to the blue multiplug behind the N/S/F wheelarch liner
5. Radio/CD locked out
6. Squeal from rear brakes on reversing (unresolved).

As comparasson previous 6 cars from new, no faults. Not counting my Landrover Freelander, (which had a long list of faults including repacement engine).

These are all quality control issues and are known issues. The garden is not all rosy IMO for the majority of owners. As I said in my first post those on this thread supporting the product have admitted to faults.

As for letting you continue the discussion in your own comfort zones, steered only by the few, I dont think so! this is an open forum.

The question, or statement I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again" was in my view not a 'yes' only answers allowed.

BTW your opinion on my manners will be ignored, who do you think you are?

Post #5911619th May 2006 10:47 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I think it's important that threads like this exist as the forum on the whole tends to deal with problems & the curing of them, not the positives of D3 ownership.
Pelyma is right in saying that human nature being what it is prospective owners reading posts on this forum are very likely to believe that most D3's are unreliable c**p.
This is clearly not the case, I read a lot of motoring press on a regular basis & if most D3's were c**p I would have read about it. Info. from my L/R dealer who has sold a large amount of 06 D3's & talking to a few D3 owners who have no interest in cars whatsover, also backs this up.
Despite being aware of the nature of this type of forum, I regularly post on other forums, I was very nearly put off buying a D3 by the tales of woe posted here.
To date my D3 has been fautless, the dealer (T.H.White) is the best main dealer I've ever dealt with & the D3 is much better than I anticipated it being.
I'm not going to pretend that L/R & it's products are perfect, but sadly this is the case with virtually all marques. Pelyma is correct in stating the importance of using a good main dealer.
So to answer the title question of this thread, YES.

Post #5913519th May 2006 1:49 pm
Pelyma

England 

I rest my case in the previous 2 posts.

Post #5914819th May 2006 2:26 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Come on chaps....I enjoy a good laugh at some others expense, some healthy 'in your face' banter and most of all, films about 'Gladiators'....... but.............. life really is too short ! Very Happy

Let there be an outbreak of peace eh ....we are all D3 brothers afterall Wink

(Ken......Put your gun away)
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5915419th May 2006 3:40 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I didn't know it was feisty Friday?! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #5915619th May 2006 3:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Beware the moon lads............beware the moon !
Post #5915819th May 2006 3:46 pm
Pelyma

England 

Ner Ner

Post #5915919th May 2006 3:47 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

Can I talk about Boobies?
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #5916019th May 2006 3:47 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Prefer it if you showed us some !! Very Happy
Post #5916119th May 2006 3:49 pm
Pelyma

England 

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=blue+f...p;ct=title

Post #5916219th May 2006 3:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to: