10 months, 12,000 miles happy.

Minor niggles. Sorted.

Nothing more to add- it'll be in the family for a long time to come
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #5888317th May 2006 8:29 pm
csory

Hungary 2006 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

As to refer Penguin's notes, yes, there will always be a better car for a specific application. M1 Abrams is unbeatable under specific circumstances, while the Enzo or a Koenigsegg is the king under others... But the D3 is a great all round car, and it was the only one on the market to fulfill my simple needs: 6 adults in comfort and decent on/off-road capability. It replaced my C8 and T'Reg and I'm a very happy camper now Very Happy

This thread was started to give some counterweight against the collected complaints in other threads, not to prove them false, but to give some confidence for those who are considering purchasing a Disco. You can be sure, they'll find the negative posts too Rolling Eyes
 TDV6 HSE Java Black, auto, difflock, fridge, winter, 7-seater, PDC, privacy, AHL, sunroof - 3rd row fixed Smile   
Post #5890617th May 2006 9:53 pm
SN

Despite the fun and games over my marginal turbo and the associated dinging, my D3 is THE BEST CAR I've ever owned. Its fixed now (fingers crossed) and after 3 months / 3000 miles I'm still looking for any excuse to drive it!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5891317th May 2006 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Top marks is what I say and it is a shame that there has been a negative view, my friends D3 is now on a forecourt because he got frightened that all these things were going to happen to his car, yet in reality they won't Crying or Very sad

I had trouble with my first (which appeared to have been mended) which resulted in me loosing confidence in the car. I really really wanted to hate it and buy something else, but after much searching the only car that fit the bill was another D3.

Yet again it has seen off the new pretender on the block the Q7, LC aren't in the same league either. It is the most versatile vehicle you can buy period.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #5893318th May 2006 8:22 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Just a suggestion but put one of these poles (opinion rather than any other type) at the top of the thread, basically "are U happy & would buy another? - yes/no", that would give a good overall picture.

Only had mine 3 weeks & 700 miles so too early re reliability but touch wood, nothing going wrong apart from one "accessory issue" (dye leaking from seat covers & marking leather). Going in Monday for LR bloke to have a look at, says it is only the 2nd case.

Very happy & would not change.

Derek

Post #5893918th May 2006 9:24 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

Even those who are happy with D3 and would buy again have had faults i quote from this thread

"“3rd row seatbelt buckle,
few issues, all sorted outfew issues, all sorted out
I've had my problems, but I'd have another
Despite the fun and games over my marginal turbo and the associated dinging, my D3 is THE BEST CAR I've
I had trouble with my first (which appeared to have been mended) which resulted in me loosing confidence in the car. I really really wanted to hate it and buy something else, but after much searching the only car that fit the bill was another D3.
Minor niggles.
Only had mine 3 weeks & 700 miles so too early re reliability but touch wood, nothing going wrong apart from one "accessory issue"

I have had my own fair share of faults. would I buy again, probably because the vehicle is well designed, there is almost universal agreement on this. It is the reliability issues which dent confidence in the vehicle.

Even those who 'support' the car and want to demonstrate to others that it is a good buy and the 'vast majority' of cars are ok have admitted to faults on their vehicles (see above).

I believe that I should be able to buy a Landrover Product which is reliable. whatever spin anyone may put on it it is clear that there are particular reliability and quality problems with the D3.

Post #5896018th May 2006 11:45 am
Pelyma

England 

I suggest you go and read Volvo, VW, Porsche or BMW forums - there are problems there too. Having had an early one and now replaced it with an 06 there seems to have been a good improvement, time will tell.

I also feel that technicians are better with the car than they were as I'm sure those cars that got through multiple compressors had other issues as an example. If you want a perfect car with no issues buy a bike, because no car manufacturer produces 100% reliable cars. This is especially true when you have something as complex as a 4x4.

Post #5896118th May 2006 11:50 am
Ken

I’ve had one or two faults but that that said I’d had one or two faults on other new cars as well.

Would I buy another D3 well that’s easy yes.

The only thing and I mean the only thing that worries me is the after sales experience which needs a major patch upgrade! Not sure it’s been released yet

Perhaps we should buy our own dealership and show them how it should be done

Post #5896418th May 2006 11:56 am
lr1

United Kingdom 

"I suggest you go and read Volvo, VW, Porsche or BMW forums - there are problems there too."

That's a really good excuse for landrovers reliability and quality problems.

To be a market leader you need to do better than the competition. LR don't seem interested in taking the opportunity.

There seem to be people who will defend landrover to the point of burying their head in the sand. If an aspect of the vehicle or service needs improvement then it needs to be said not defended by commenting on the lines of it is no worse than other vehicles.

I do not understand this logic, given the amount you pay you should expect good quality and reliability afterall LR by now should have at least some experience in making cars!

Post #5896718th May 2006 12:08 pm
Pelyma

England 

lr1 we also need to realise we are a very small minority of D3 owners. All manufactuerers have their problems, a friend rejected 2 Lexus yet most people will agree that they are reliable cars, yet their forums suggest otherwise.

Here is no different, people who have problems will tend to gravitate here to look for answers. The issues now are far, far less than when I joined which suggests things are improving, but they will never improve fast enough if you are having a problem.

What we don't want is to create an impression that D3s are rubbish and unreliable - they are not. Some have had problems many as this post is showing have not and that ratio is improving and this needs to be highlighted.

Post #5897118th May 2006 12:45 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again

Read the title of the thread - it doesn't say 'I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again, but...... here are few frigging moans and groans while I'm typing about it' does it ??

Post your moans on another thread - and keep this one happy Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5897318th May 2006 12:51 pm
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

told you, + -, up down Wink
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #5898218th May 2006 1:33 pm
lr1

United Kingdom 

dickgriff,

Actually "I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again" sounds like a question. If you want a thread which is simply there to bolster the seemly negative comments on the site then I doubt this will happen. Posters are free to enter whatever comments they like on the thread it is not for you to sensor or limit feedbact, even if you could!

So given the title of the thread, if you would not buy again I think posters will also comment on this aspect.

As for starting a new thread, thats a challenge you might not want.

Here goes "D3's are rubbish and I would never buy one again?"

Post #5909119th May 2006 9:06 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

dickgriff wrote:
I'm happy with my D3 - and would buy it again
Very Happy

so would I ! hang on no I wouldn't I'd buy a new one!!

Laughing Laughing
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #5909619th May 2006 9:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

I'm delighted with my D3 - it's certainly the best car I've ever owned by a huge margin. I used to enjoy driving 30 odd years ago but as our roads became increasingly crappy and congested, I came to hate it and saw it as a necessary evil. My Disco is beginning to restore my enjoyment of driving - even sitting in it in a traffic jam is a pleasure, in fact just sitting in it is a pleasure. Thumbs Up Now, if only I could get it average more than 22mpg!! (but that's another thread and rightly so!)
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5910019th May 2006 9:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >