Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Installed a high Amp Anderson Socket under the bonnet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Mating clip - self made, ah.

Thanks for the reply re the mating clip holding the Anderson Plug to the air filter box, (I guess that is what it is). Utilizing the clip really makes the install look proper.

I have wondered what piece of Land Rover kit was supposed to attach there as I thought that might be a source for the clip. Just making the clip makes more sense however.

Thanks.
 2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #6580568th Jun 2010 2:45 pm
bbyer

Canada 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Compact form of battery "switch".

These can be used as disconnects between a battery or power source and the device. One has to be a bit careful where they are mounted, particularily if on the hot side. The type with the holes in both ends can be mounted on either the + or - sides of side post batteries or on to cables etc; the battery post one is sized for the negative post.

2005 LR3 HSE 4.4L AJ-V8 petrol; Traxide Dual Battery; PIAA 2500K Yellow Ion H11 Fog Light bulbs; CounterAct LT-2 Capacitive Corrosion control; LLumar AIR80 Blue clear Infra Red blocking side window film; Liftgate manual release; Schrader Valve "air in" mod to OEM air suspension reservoir tank; Akebono ceramic pads; OEM solid vented discs; LR4 design hitch receiver; Wiggs D4 MOST bluetooth module; Clock on the Dash; 3 Flash signal light mod; Backup Camera; 2015/16 Nav Data update.  
Post #6580708th Jun 2010 3:12 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

pjv wrote:
Duncan
when you say 'small connector' ?? been thinking about such a thing but never really found a reasonable plug other than round trailer type. What have you used?

ta
pjv

I use 4 Pin XLR connectors for power for small devices, they are rated at 10A, metal construction and they lock in place. Only downside is no fuse in plug (fuse all my sockets, and some appliances inline where required instead).

I have a 175A socket on my aux, and inline in my jump leads, find its more than suitable for jumps currents. Plugs are easier to work with as there are more selection of suitable inserts for different diameter cables than the larger ones. Use 50A for the lower power stuff.

Recommend the Anderson rubber caps in engine bay to keep connector dry and corrosion free.

If you have some jump leads and fit a plug to the car, just cut the leads near one end and fit a pair of andersons, then you can use as jump leads, or plug into the car with long tail to the original clips to jump someone else.

Post #65883510th Jun 2010 9:13 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

What, if any, are the conventions for polarity when using Anderson and Cannon connectors? I have a horrid feeling that different people have different wiring, and therefore it's not possible to safely interchange equipment between vehicles.

I still use the 3-pin Cannon XLR, as I started using it in the days of radio-phones [ask your Grandfather if that means nothing to you]. The two pins give DC supply, the third pin being used to feed charge into a battery pack. The connection don't do any harm if accidentally plugged into audio equipment which often uses that connector.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #65894510th Jun 2010 1:58 pm
disco_doozle

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

[quote="berndv"]
tanters wrote:
An aux battery wouldn't be a bad idea. something to put on the never ending wishlist Confused .

Bernd,

Als je een Tweede batt. wil zien, roep ne keer, kun je in de mijne kijken.
Ik heb het systeem van drivesafe zitten....top.

Translation:
If you wanna see an aux batt. call me, so you can take a look in mine.
I use the drivesafe system...top....
Mr. Green

ps: Bernd, I am living nearby Weert (NL)

Groetjes
Bernd (naamgenoot)
 Disco 3 TDV6 Aut. 7 seat, Zambezi silver, Privacy glass, Rosen A9 DVD, Tow-kit, K&N airfilter, Frontrunner Windcheetah + 4xHella Comet 550, tailgate ladder, 5 breaklights Smile, Performance BB6 17" + Duratracs 256/70R17, RLD Skid-plate, Traxide second battery setup, Lightguards, BAS EGR's blank kit, BAS Silicone hose, Black bonnet decal,  
Post #65899010th Jun 2010 4:21 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Navigator wrote:
What, if any, are the conventions for polarity when using Anderson and Cannon connectors?

The Andersons have clearly marked + and - sides on the plastic housings, its keyed when they connect, you can't go wrong Thumbs Up

XLR I use Pin 1 ground pin 4 +12v from memory, and yes of course you have to make your own convention Wink

Post #65906010th Jun 2010 7:02 pm
berndv

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

The forum returned an error when I submitted my post, Didn't think it was saved so submitted another time.
I was there twice but I edited one into this, apologies

Last edited by berndv on 11th Jun 2010 9:29 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #65930711th Jun 2010 9:25 am
berndv

Netherlands 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

disco_doozle wrote:

If you wanna see an aux batt. call me, so you can take a look in mine.
I use the drivesafe system...top....

Hi Bernd,

Naamgenoten zijn al zeldzaam, laat staan met dezelfde autovoorkeur Very Happy
Goed aanbod, we zouden het eigenlijk moeten combineren met iets off-roaderigs, een toertocht of een evenementje van een club of zo. Is er bij jou in de buurt wel eens wat?

Groetjes
Bernd

Post #65930811th Jun 2010 9:25 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >