Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Low fuel warning light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Agree. Consumption is not as good as I had expected.

Post #62269917th Mar 2010 11:08 pm
wobbly

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Talking to a guy who has had his D4 re-mapped - he swears by it (not at it!), and has measured 35mpg combined. On LR's figures thats about 5mpg improvement , but using the figures discussed here its nearer a 10mpg improvement.

When calculating the remaining mileage in the tank, I wonder if the lifetime-average consumption is used, rather than the specific-trip average? Certainly this is how my current car calculates.

Do I recall LR getting some cash help from the govt on condition that improvements in vehicle economy were made?

Will be disappointed if the D4 is so much less economical then advertised, but still looking forward to picking it up!

Regards

Pete

Post #62430120th Mar 2010 9:24 pm
Duffs

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Fuel Guage- stuck on 3/4 tank

I have had a full tank then suddenly the display indicates empty- great on the A1.Now got 3/4 tank permenatly displayed.Been in a couple of times and had the senders replaced under warranty - surely must be software or CPU fault? Why the big problem to fix it? Suggestions?
 D4 3.0 SDV6 GS 13
D4 3.0 SDV6 GS 09-13
D3 2.7 TDV6 GS 07-09 

Post #95939727th Jul 2012 9:03 am
DingMark

Iraq 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Remaining range is something those of us watch carefully in Western Australia, as on Highway 1 heading north (note: one of 2 paved roads heading north), there can be 250-300km between fuel stops, phone reception, basically anything. When I first got my D4, I ran it beyond "0 range remaining" as far as I could stand (with a jerry can of diesel in the back and close-ish to town). It ran 96km before I finally lost my nerve and added the jerry can full. My calculation was that it took 81.5 litres to fill, including the jerry can full (deducting for the 20km driven to the nearby station). This is more or less consistent with having about 12 litres left when the light comes on and 10 litres when it says 0 range remaining.

I've been told that running the tank low causes the in-tank fuel pump to become unsubmerged, which can overheat it if done too often.
 Jim Dowell - D4 HSE TDi, 12,000 hydraulic winch & hidden winch mount, MTRs, TyreDog, Traxide 2 x aux battery system, fixed air compressor, Dolium roof rack, MitchHitch.
RIP 2005 D3 HSE V8 5 seater gold (stolen and torched) 

Post #96052430th Jul 2012 9:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >