DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My new favourite thing [Updated]
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Cubik
I have a Mercedes in silver, and without digressing much they have two versions of silver for my model, one being plain silver and the other with a slightly more bluish tint. And so i have to totally agree that at times (Dusk especially) and with the right background, you can really see and bring this blueness out.

I am not entirely surprized by your equipment.
IMHO it is not old or out of date by any means. Unlike current trends on compact cameras for ever greater pixel rates, the DSLR reached the optimum pixel rate for great photos a few years back and since then has been far more dependant upon good lenses and a good eye by the photographer rather than later equipment and adding anything.

It's a bit like the D3 in that once the perfect tool for the job has been produced, it really can't be improved upon over much.

I was particularly taken and totally agreeable with your description of why you bought a D3 and it's all purporse ability.
There are many who have enhanced it in both directions. But as you have pointed out, without any enhancement at all it can happily be both.

It seems you have managed to put into words about what D3 ownership really means as that you have already captured with your camera and i am quite sure that you could provide some outside some posh resturant shots with a pretty girl, in fact i challenge you to do so, as i am quite sure you are up to it and would appreciate not only the challenge but the alternate environment.

Interestingly a few weeks back someone posted up about what the point of a D3 tailgate was and my response was almost word for word what you wrote.

Post #85263828th Oct 2011 6:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

BTW Cubik

My challenge was intended to be very tongue in cheek. After seeing your amazing pictures of your D3 in an off road type environment and reading your post as to your appreciation of the the Dual nature of the D3, i just wondered if you had tried to take any of it in a more urban type environment.

If you have, i would really love to see them. Thumbs Up

Post #85293329th Oct 2011 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Riccardo

Portugal 

Fantastic pictures!

Would be great on an official brochure or on calendar Wink

Post #85298129th Oct 2011 11:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >