Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

New LR4 owner - couple of questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NandoBR

Brazil 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Re: New LR4 owner - couple of questions...

Unnecessary quote removed

My spec is the V8 HSE with everything but the surrounding cameras and I have the power mirros. I guess these specs are different from region to region.

Post #60684320th Feb 2010 1:56 pm
nolift911

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR4

My spec is the V8 HSE with everything but the surrounding cameras and I have the power mirros. I guess these specs are different from region to region.[/quote]

Yeah that is what I figured - dealer even said it had power mirrors....
 1984 911 Carrera
2001 Land Rover Disco II (175k)
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2010 Land Rover LR4 

Post #60878523rd Feb 2010 6:18 pm
amsterdam2010

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Quote:

According to Land Rover USA spec sheet, the power folding mirrors is an exclusive feature on HSE Lux Plus model (one with surround camera) only and not available on any other model. I doubt they would put motors in for nothing.

Sorry but I think you are wrong. Someone I know who works the Land Rover plant has told me that all of the different models are based around the same core manufacturing model. Most of the differences between each car is cosmetic with a software disabling of various features.

For example I have the reversing camera. My software doesn't let me use it apart from when in reverse, however the identical rear "surround camera" can be switched on whenever you want. This is software not hardware.

Apparently mirror assembly is for a single unit thats fitted to all cars. Economies of scale are key here, so making a standard car and using software to create niches and differences makes perfect sense from an economic perspective.

Post #61167128th Feb 2010 9:12 am
tjp74

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR4

Have you ever browsed a factory parts system for Land Rover or any car for that matter? Then you will realize that there are different part numbers for seemly same two parts. I don't have updated 2010 parts catalog but for example, earlier range rover, there are different part numbers for mirror with power folding, mirror with power folding and memory and mirror without power folding. And this is the fact.

At least the switch is different on LR4 with power folding and without power folding.

I also have a 2010 Toyota Prius. My car isn't equiped with fog lights from the factory. Yeah switch isn't there but you would think that atleast Toyota, well know for the most efficiant manufacturing system would use a standard wiring so that wiring for foglight is all there hiden behind the bumper and make it easy for dealers to add and make extra money. Nope. They used different wiring so you have to relpace major part of wiring with the version includes foglight wiring if you want to add foglights.
 TJ
2010 LR4 HSE Lux Plus White/Ebony <=Sold 2012
2000 Discovery II SE7 <=Sold 2011
2010 Prius w/Solar Roof <=Sold 2011 

Post #61177428th Feb 2010 12:52 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

i can see a moderator coming soon and doing some "unnecessary quote removed" action to keep the thread readable Whistle

Post #61179728th Feb 2010 1:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

amsterdam2010 wrote:
Sorry but I think you are wrong. Someone I know who works the Land Rover plant has told me that all of the different models are based around the same core manufacturing model. Most of the differences between each car is cosmetic with a software disabling of various features.

I suggest that you have been misinformed. Yes, certain features are indeed simply software enabled/disabled, but there are also a great many different physical parts depending upon model, and specification within a particular model. For example, order a factory built HSE with no rear seat entertainment, and the wiring looms are different.

What tjp74 said is, indeed, fact.

Post #61181328th Feb 2010 1:38 pm
nolift911

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR4

What about all the but warmers installed in every DII - some with the switches, some without?

Can folks with the power fold mirrors fold their mirrors manually - ie fold without using the feature?
 1984 911 Carrera
2001 Land Rover Disco II (175k)
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2010 Land Rover LR4 

Post #61209928th Feb 2010 10:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >