Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

New LR4 owner - couple of questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
nolift911

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR4
New LR4 owner - couple of questions...

Greetings lads from across the pond...stumbled onto this site while trying to dig up (lacking info on the net) for US based LR4's

I have the HSE Lux package and had a few questions regarding features that I do or don't have...

Power mirrors - says I do, can't get them to work like the manual says. If I don't are the motors there and just not activated and can this be done via software?

Daytime Running Lights - I want to enable this function but according to US dealers they cannot activate or don't know how (find this hard to believe) as Canada it is law. One dealer said there is a software screw up and if they try it will shut down the vehicle and it will not do anything (I read this as bad)

Global close - still can't get this to work...

Making movies available while in motion?

Access to vehicle diagnostics - or "easter eggs" to turn on hidden features etc without heading to the dealer.

Thanks - Jeff
 1984 911 Carrera
2001 Land Rover Disco II (175k)
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2010 Land Rover LR4 

Post #60515117th Feb 2010 7:46 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

HI

For the hidden features and diagnostics you need the Faultmate MSV2 from Blackbox Soloutions.

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/

You will have to keep a eye out on there site as the D4 5.0L tool/software has not been added yet, however it wont be long before a public relice.
It will be worth the wait in my opinion from the features the MSV2 already has its a fantastic tool and well worth the money.

Pete

Post #60516017th Feb 2010 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NandoBR

Brazil 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi,

I think you and me have the same car specs. I got mine a couple of days ago, so I don't think I am the best person to help you. Anyway:

1 - my power mirrors are working fine. Can't imagine why your aren't working.

2 - you say you just can't make the front LEDs work? I am not sure I understood your problem. My car has the daytime lights working fine too. I just set the lights in AUTO mode.

3 - not sure if mine is working either...I still didn't test it.

4 & 5 - check this out: http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic44222.html

Hope it helps a bit.

Take care bro.

Nando

Post #60516117th Feb 2010 8:01 pm
NandoBR

bellautos wrote:
HI

For the hidden features and diagnostics you need the Faultmate MSV2 from Blackbox Soloutions.

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/

Hi Pete,

Sorry about my stupid questions, but I'm really interested in this product. 8)

I visited the black box website, but I am really new to this stuff and I coudn't figure it out what exactly I need to buy in order to hack my car Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes and how I plug all this gizmos into my D4.

Also, since I have an HSE with all the acessories except the Surround camera, what really benefits I will have purchasing this system?

Can you help me please? Mr. Green

Thanks!

Post #60517117th Feb 2010 8:14 pm
bellautos

HI
The MSV2 is a diagnostic tool that would plug/connect to the car via the OBD port located at the bottom of the dash panal.

If you already have all the extras fitted on your car then part of the tools capeabilitys you wont need or use, but the functions that are left will enable you to have diagnostics to save on dealer visits.

Pete

Post #60519017th Feb 2010 8:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NandoBR

Ok, cool. I will take a better look in the MSV2 documentation.

Thanks!

Post #60539917th Feb 2010 11:51 pm
nolift911

The DRL (Daytime Running Lamps) are not user enabled - they are not auto headlamps. With this feature when the car is put into drive the headlamps operate at a reduced intensity (no other lights are on). Its the law in Canada.

Anyway the dealer over here says the software is a problem and it will render the car useless...until they have a patch.

No idea on the mirrors - maybe I don't ahve them, but my vehicle has every opption but the cameras - unless that was a package?
 1984 911 Carrera
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2010 Land Rover LR4 

Post #60578718th Feb 2010 5:48 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I am uncertain why your dealer is telling you that. Maybe they have an issue with their diagnostic software, but DLR should be enabled by selecting that option in the CCF file configuration options. There are two versions that LR implement, and it sounds like the Canadian version is the one for you.

Not sure what you mean about reduced intensity, DLR uses dipped beam headlamps.

Post #60579218th Feb 2010 6:00 pm
bellautos

The Faultmate MSV2 has the function to enable them in the CCF see pic.

Click image to enlarge

Pete

Post #60581518th Feb 2010 6:31 pm
carcollector

police lamps........OOOOOOOOO YES..... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #60581918th Feb 2010 6:34 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

For the avoidance of doubt, and taken straight from the horse:

xxxx

Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)

DRL use the full intensity low beam headlamps which are permanently illuminated when the vehicle is being driven. DRL are used in a number of markets and there are two systems to cover these markets.

DRL CANADIAN MARKET
DRL for this market use full intensity low beam headlamps. The side marker lamps and license plate lamps will be on, but instrument cluster illumination will be off. DRL are active when the following parameters are met:

Parking brake is off on vehicles with manual transmission or PARK is not selected on vehicles with automatic transmission
Ignition switch is in the ignition position (II)
The central junction box receives an engine running signal
The lighting control switch is in the off or side lamps position.
NOTE:
If the lighting control switch is moved to the headlamp position, DRL are deactivated and normal side lamp and headlamp functionality is operational.

NOTE:
Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) (where fitted) is not available when the DRL are active.

NOTE:
When DRL are active, the headlamp flash function using the left hand steering column multifunction switch will operate normally. The high beam headlamp function using the left hand steering column multifunction switch will be deactivated.

When the parking brake is applied on manual transmission vehicles or the selector lever is in the PARK position on automatic transmission vehicles, DRL are turned off. This is to reduce battery discharge during long periods of engine idling in cold climate conditions. When the parking brake is released or the selector lever is moved from the PARK position, normal DRL functionality is restored.

DRL DENMARK, HOLLAND, NORWAY, SWEDEN, FINLAND & POLAND
DRL for these markets use full intensity low beam headlamps. Side lamps and license plate lamps will be on, but instrument cluster illumination will be off. DRL are active when the following parameters are met:

Ignition switch is in the ignition position (II)
The central junction box receives an engine running signal
The lighting control switch is in the off position.
NOTE:
When DRL are active, the headlamp flash function using the left hand steering column multifunction switch will operate normally. The high beam headlamp function using the left hand steering column multifunction switch will be deactivated.

If the lighting control switch is moved to the side lamp or headlamp positions, DRL are deactivated and normal side lamp and headlamp functionality is operational.

xxxxx

There are some minor differences in functionality.

Post #60582018th Feb 2010 6:35 pm
NandoBR

carcollector wrote:
police lamps........OOOOOOOOO YES..... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Well that would be cool. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Post #60583418th Feb 2010 6:48 pm
nolift911

bellautos wrote:
The Faultmate MSV2 has the function to enable them in the CCF see pic.

Click image to enlarge

Pete

But for the new LR4? I was told by the dealer if this is messed with it will disable the vehicle? Also where over here in the states can I get the Faultmate MSV2?
 1984 911 Carrera
2005 Yamaha FZ6
2010 Land Rover LR4 

Post #60592318th Feb 2010 8:34 pm
bellautos

I would advise if your dealer is to frightend to diagnose and change your car they stop selling them lol.

If they are telling you the tools they have can render your car disabled then you dont have much to help you when you need them in the future.
I think they are fobbing you off because they are scared of the NEWnes of the D4 and dont want problems because they dont understand it.

You can have the faultmate MSV2 no matter what country you are in Smile it should be available to the public for the D4 very soon.

Pete

Post #60603118th Feb 2010 10:38 pm
tjp74

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR4
Re: New LR4 owner - couple of questions...

nolift911 wrote:
I have the HSE Lux package.....
Power mirrors - says I do, can't get them to work like the manual says. If I don't are the motors there and just not activated and can this be done via software?

According to Land Rover USA spec sheet, the power folding mirrors is an exclusive feature on HSE Lux Plus model (one with surround camera) only and not available on any other model. I doubt they would put motors in for nothing.

http://apps.us.landrover.com/datacapture/p...atures.gif
 TJ
2010 LR4 HSE Lux Plus White/Ebony <=Sold 2012
2000 Discovery II SE7 <=Sold 2011
2010 Prius w/Solar Roof <=Sold 2011 

Post #60673220th Feb 2010 7:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >