Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Quick catch up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Quick catch up

Well i have been a little quiet of late on the site, busy as everyone else seems to be at the mo with work and personal issues.

Well quick catch up on the old D3, well recently she has been a little moody with me. So far this year she has needed a new EGR, alternator and this last 2 weeks a new turbo and battery.
The EGR was the opposite side to what replaced last year so no real drama.
The alternator failed on me whilst in Durham transporting the eldest daughter to the passport office, It was a job for LR assistance who actually sent a tech out and diagnosed the fault booked into local dealer over in Durham area, which turned out to be an Aston Martin dealer primarily, recieved a Brand new Ford Kuga as courtesy car, once repaired they transported my car back to carlisle and all was good LR extended warranty job done.
2 weeks ago on the way home after work nipping down the M6 the car lost power and engine malfunction message came up on the dash luckily the next junction was mine also the one for my local dealer so chanced my arm and popped in, the service desk had closed for the day but the service manager who was just on his way out of the door stopped and squared me away with a courtesy car, a nice new shing Freelander SD4.

So after diagnostic it turned out to be something to do with the turbo, it took a while to get repaired as the wrong part was supplied firstly then the whole turbo was replaced. So just as i thought that i was getting my car back the dealer phoned to say that the battery was goosed as it wouldn't hold charge and needed replacing. OK i said crack on and i was then informed that warranty wouldn't cover this. At this point i just wanted my car back as it had been 2 weeks nearly and told them to crack on well they hit me with the bill for new battery standby for this £220. I nearly Censored a brick. Its now back outside the house the dealers delivered it back to the house this morning, so when i finished work i went and checked out the engine bay to see what was done to notice an electrical connector which had a what can only be described as a metal paper clip shorting the connector, so it will be back to the dealer on Monday. Longest post i have ever done me thinks.
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #94618123rd Jun 2012 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Welcome back!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Hopefully she's not floating away as you type!! Shocked

Post #94618623rd Jun 2012 10:45 pm
BORDER ROVER

Cheers,
Nah we live on a bit of high ground but surrounded by quite a few very swollen rivers and the flood plains are certainly living up to their name at the mo. Hopefully she is feeling the love now and that will be the end of her little tantrum for now.
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #94618923rd Jun 2012 10:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Is the electrical connector from the bonnet catch? it might just be shorting the connection because the switch on the catch is Censored . Just a thought.

Post #94619323rd Jun 2012 11:12 pm
BORDER ROVER

Hmm might be gareth will let the dealer sort it on monday as it wasn't like that when i left it with them. May have been something they done whilst working on the motor and forgot to remove it. I think it had the bonnet open for nearly 2 weeks in the workshop.
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #94619823rd Jun 2012 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >