DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Rocar Moores Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
DrLex

Iceland 
Re: Rocar Moores Land Rover

ronp wrote:
What was this scribbling '.....un mint' and outlining supposed to be conveying....

I read it as " 'KIN MINT" - a cockney term of pleasure - now I see where I went wrong. Thumbs Up
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #28818017th Apr 2008 8:29 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It does say "thin paint" and was written by LR Quality control at the factory. The blind man doing the PDI's failed to spot it - having removed the hard plastic door protector that clips on all the way along that part of the door.

They did however spot a similar area on the drivers door and used a can of touch-up spray to cover it up, overspray to be found on door rubber and various other areas spotted by local professional paint place Whistle

Bloody useless I wouldn't trust them to PDI a car let alone service it.

[Sir alan mode] your a blaaaddy shambles, if I could I would fire the blaaaddy lot of you[/Sir alan mode]

YOUR FIRED
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #28818117th Apr 2008 8:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nealgs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Update....

Picked up the D3 yesterday from Rocar (Perrys) Thumbs Up

After having some issues haggling with the sale person, wife had had enough and contacted Sales manager directly - Sales seems to of changed over the past 10yrs or so, in that the sales people seem to be glorified receptionists - they don't have any bargaining powers and need to constantly ask their bosses if this/that is possible etc)

Any ways discussed issues with Sales Mgr when we got to site - happy with car (most definately - good laugh wife satnav/phone voice commands on way home Rolling with laughter ), deal (yep, not bad), sales staff (OK on the whole, but need to deal directly with Sales Mgr to get best it appears).

Car service due in November, warranty till Sept 2009.

Gary
 Gone: Java Black TDV6, Auto, HSE - yum, yum Smile
(Gone: 96' V8 ES Charleston Green, 96 V8 ES Black)
Toy: Southern Roadcraft Cobra, 383ci Chevy V8

Club - HiVis Smile
Club - Disco3.co.uk Round Stickers
Club - Disco3.co.uk External Badge 

Post #2941781st May 2008 11:29 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hmmm.... I never buy all that: "...well I can ask the question sir...", followed by 3 minute wait whilst he 'discussed' with his boss... Yawn Not sure what it's supposed to achieve - is it some textbook psychology on how to break the customer. I'm sure they do have the ability to do the deal, just trying to play game. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I want to do the deal with someone with sufficient autonomy - not just play games with a salesman pretending to ask his boss, or playing Chinese whispers with the sales manager.

Or just do the whole thing over the phone/email as I did with Lakeland Thumbs Up Easy.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #2942041st May 2008 1:02 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Shocked

It's not hard is it, they have one supplying manufacturer and one price list to work from.

They have a simple cost of goods / Sale price calculation to do. They have a hard stop on maximum discount and a quarterly incentive based on quantity.

If you are trading-in then there is a bit of banter to be sure, but they know exactly what they can do in terms of "cost to change".

Any discussion / phone calls etc is pure sales psychology.

Hope nothing goes wrong, that's where it all went wrong for moi - step in LR Customer services - now Mr. Green
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #2942111st May 2008 1:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Good points there Christian.

My comment is:- before you enter into the sales process, establish the following
1] tell the salesman you are going to buy a vehicle [but not necessarily from them]
2] ask the 'salesman' up front 'are you in a position to negotiate a deal to it's conclussion without referall to a 'higher being'?'
if so, start the process with him, if not get the 'higher being', if he doesn't want to get involved - walk away.
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #2942151st May 2008 2:04 pm
nealgs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Agree with all here - we will know for next time Thumbs Up . This is the first time we've bought a car from a dealer for a long time - most have been through ebay, Ikea (long story), private etc and for no were near the price of this beasty.

Hopefully nothing will go wrong, but we do have plenty of other dealers closer by (which we should of gone to really) to take it to if.....

The whole buying experience just happened rather quickly and in a snowball down a mountain kind of way (and we both really loved the looks/spec of the car)

The wife has been having fun in it today - car's been binging and bonging at as her bag was on the front seat and (i assume, pressure sensors in it) it thought was a person without seatbelt Rolling with laughter .

Also, giving friend a lift, wife couldn't get passenger door open, so trying to stretch over to passenger side to open door, then remember the little button on dash to unlock doors Thumbs Up

Voice control on Satnav/Phone is good for a laugh to Smile - reminds me of the Star Trek scene with McCoy and the Mouse - Computa Smile

Gary
 Gone: Java Black TDV6, Auto, HSE - yum, yum Smile
(Gone: 96' V8 ES Charleston Green, 96 V8 ES Black)
Toy: Southern Roadcraft Cobra, 383ci Chevy V8

Club - HiVis Smile
Club - Disco3.co.uk Round Stickers
Club - Disco3.co.uk External Badge 

Post #2942921st May 2008 6:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >