Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

Stop that Sinking Feeling
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
DiscoverEd!

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just as an update: this didn't work. The only benefit of doing it is that raising the seat now can be done with me sitting on it rather that standing up to reduce resistance.

Otherwise, I still have to bring the seat up once in a while.

Boo-feckin-hoo.
 Probably a mislabeled D3 S with no nuthings. Who knows.
Sidesteps and mudguards removed. Grinding noise that gladly was not more than a hub bearing 

Post #84121428th Sep 2011 6:13 pm
Dexter

Scotland 

Yup, I resorted to the small block of wood wedged under the seat height lever. Painted black and now a permanent fixture it goes pretty much unnoticed.

Sorted the problem and the seat never moves Thumbs Up

Dex

Post #84137128th Sep 2011 10:26 pm
Seamanm

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Anti-ejector seats!

This was a really interesting topic to find....and 5 pages of it too!

After having a D3 for almost five years and for the first 4 years finding that i regularly had to pump the seat back up 2 or 3 times i got used to sitting 'on the stops'....which wasn't that bad as the seat squab had a bit more of a comfortable incline. I was a bit cheesed off and thought that there must be a design fault on some friction thingy that was supposed to hold the seat elevated, though i didn't bother investigating.

Anyway, it wasn't until on day when i noticed that every time i got out of the car my thigh pressed ever so slightly on the lever which lowered the seat slightly....sooooo, i took a bit more care getting in and out and hey presto, it worked!!

Still....i'm sure there's a better solution out there (and should be in LRs R&D dept) that doesn't involve electric seats!! Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter
 2003 Freelander 1
2005 Disco 3
2010 Disco 4 

Post #8778382nd Jan 2012 5:51 pm
Lincs Martin

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Quick and easy sinking seat fix

Don't know if any one else has posted this fix but here goes anyway.

I have a 57 plate gs and was fitting some car seat covers, i popped the plastic cover off that covers where the seat belt joins the seat, when you look into the right of this hole you can see 2 flat plates of metal that get further apart as the seat get higher.

If you cut a piece of wood 3 inch long by half inch thick and the height you want you seat( i went for 50mm) slot this in the gap on its edge and lower the seat untill wood is compressed. Then pop plastic cover back on.

So far it hasn't budged an inch, the seat can still be pumped higher than the wood but it doesn't settle lower than it, and you can't tell its there.[/list]

Post #96547813th Aug 2012 7:03 pm
cdf

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

I found my seat sinking on the drive home the day i brought my 07 xs three weeks ago and never gave it ant thought other than i had set somthing wrong. I have spoken to my local dealer and they had two fix's a half eletric bace for over a grand or a replacement adjuster for sinking seats £24.20 + vat. part number LR 025681.
I have fitted the adjuster myself not a bad job about an hour. It feels a lot tighter than the old one and as th car has only done 29,000 miles the old one shouldn't be loose with over use so it may be they have tightend the friction plates inside the new one.
I just need to go on a drive now to test it.

Post #99426225th Oct 2012 8:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >