DISCO3.CO.UK > General

EPQR - How to report a problem with your D3 to Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
BN

England 
EPQR - How to report a problem with your D3 to Land Rover

Electronic Product Quality Reporting

Guys this is what we need to insist upon when reporting a problem with your Disco3:-

Extended JCOL to provide EPQR - Electronic Product Quality Reporting - via a browser for persistent or complex technical faults, so that dealers can efficiently contact technical experts and receive reports in a controlled fashion. Produced GTR - Global Technical Reference - for Jaguar Cars and Land Rover, delivering scalable, flexible, browser-driven document management facilities with ecommerce subscription capability.

If we do not insist on the completion of a EPQR by the dealer no records will be built for faults. The dealers do not like completeing because it takes them time and shows up far too many problems. As far as I am concerned tough, it is in our interests to get then done. The GTR data base was built from EPQR's.

Each week the senior managers overseen by a director meet and discuss EPQR's. From that they build up a stratagy of which problems are serious or that can be swept under the carpet.

I am on my 7th now and that is only in the last 3 weeks.

Post #1461626th Aug 2005 5:53 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: EPQR

BN, When did you learn swahili??

Post #1462526th Aug 2005 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

TFC this is important that all defects and faults are recorded on the EPQR system. May sound crazy, but if everyone knows may be, just maybe something will be done a bit quicker.

Post #1463026th Aug 2005 7:57 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

BN wrote:
TFC this is important that all defects and faults are recorded on the EPQR system. May sound crazy, but if everyone knows may be, just maybe something will be done a bit quicker.

BN, if you explain what it is, and how to ensure dealers / users input information, then maybe it'll make sense... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #1463126th Aug 2005 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Brian,

How can we ensure the dealer does this ? Does the customer get a copy of the report for his / her records ?

I will insist on this for the Low Coolant Issue that I and many now seem to have. I am told that its been reported to LR Engineering... is this the same as above ?

Cheers,

-s

Post #1463826th Aug 2005 8:34 pm
BN

England 

This thread is the one that is more important than most because it is the reporting system that dealers have to tell land Rover there are defects.

Any defect, even if it has been reported 100 times, should go on an EPQR for the LR team to pick them up once a week.

LR have no defect reports other than mine for cruise control failures. Slimer has started to collate them in another thread, but we only have about 10 if that. I know and we all know there are many more. Why does LR not know, because the dealers are not filling out the EPQR's.

Why, because it takes them too long and heaven forbid with the defects we are finding they should have a secretary full time filling out EPQR's.

Now can we get to asking the members to ensure all defects are filed.

Post #1463926th Aug 2005 8:36 pm
simon

Brian,

Is there any way at all that we as a group of LR customers and users either get access to filing these reports - maybe through a responsible member or that they actaually start to tak enotice of what we say here ?

I'm convinced that LR would WANT to hear of problems... this way they can improve product, customer service, customer satisfaction etc.

I am surprised that there have been no reports in the motoring press of reliability problems... I remember Freelander was SLATED by the press including a BIG article in one of the broadsheets.

I took one of my Freelander's to a dealer once with ideas at the time of trading it in for something else (non LR). The sales guy just laughed and showed me an article just out that day in a national newspaper.

Surely LR today will not want to repeat this ?

A customer clinic hosted by LR not a marketing company would go a long way in securing our faith in them and the fact that they are actually listening.

If the dealer won't help with filing EPQR's let the user feed into the system in some way.

Do you know of any LR contact that this idea can be at least put forward. I would love to attend a first meeting and present a scenario to them face to face - at Gaydon say.

Let em know what you think either here or by PM.

Cheers,

-s

Post #1464426th Aug 2005 8:51 pm
BN

England 

Simon, This is a very important question indeed. The answer is I don't know yet. What I do know is that if LR CS do not get these reports, they will do nothing until a disaster happens, I don't want it to be any of our guys.

The problem with our site is that (as proven by the vote) only a small core of about 9 people are actively doing anything at all, the rest are viewers. We need 300 people to report absolutely all the problems they have. Even then it would only be a small percentage of D3's sold world wide.

I would think most D3's are now in the hands of company car drivers who send the car in for a defect repair and don't give a hoot about it so long as they get a car. How many members are actual owner drivers like me, interesting.

What we need to know is how many D3's have been sold todate worldwide. Anyone want to take on that research as my skills with the computer are naff. We can then work out what our membership percentage is to the total sales.

If we could work that out we could be a known representitive percentage and wield some power.

I do know a senior LR person yes. But as they say, no facts or reports no correction as was told to me today.

It is down to us to insist dealers complete the reports.

Post #1464826th Aug 2005 9:04 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

BN wrote:

The problem with our site is that (as proven by the vote) only a small core of about 9 people are actively doing anything at all, the rest are viewers. We need 300 people to report absolutely all the problems they have. Even then it would only be a small percentage of D3's sold world wide.

I would think most D3's are now in the hands of company car drivers who send the car in for a defect repair and don't give a hoot about it so long as they get a car. How many members are actual owner drivers like me, interesting.

Brian

Which was the 'vote' you are referring to- the US banter one?

I think you're right that it would be useful to find out the proportion of private owners. My gut feel is that those active members here are actual owner drivers and have put down hard cash like myself. Fancy a poll?!
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #1465426th Aug 2005 9:23 pm
BN

England 

Kevin,

I would almost guarantee most are owner drivers. One or two may buy on their company, but in reality, it is their hard earned cash still. To run a poll is no prob. To get them to vote is a waste of time. Sorry folks, but you have just proven it.

Post #1465726th Aug 2005 9:28 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

On a serious note, and back to the matter that has a hazlenut in every bite, this QPR/EQP/PUKe thing, or whatever it is.......

As a customer, none of us can insist upon our friendly, helpful and oh, so smart dealers to file an EPQR. That sledge hammer rests with the mighty midgets from Solihull (or I guess Gaydon on a bad day).

What we need is a direct contact at LRCS who we can alert when we have had a fault, and asked that the dealer file the EPQR. If this fine piece of electronic reporting doesn't, then, show up for the weekly bun and tea session, then LR can come down on the dealer like TFC's proverbials.

That is the only way that we, as a customer, can get this thing working. It will only take a couple of instances of Land Rover getting onto the dealer to chase a report they are expecting for the whole thing to start grinding into action.

Post #1467526th Aug 2005 10:22 pm
simon

I'm going to ask my dealer directly if they file EPQR's and see what they say.

-s

Post #1467926th Aug 2005 10:28 pm
BN

England 

If only we could find a way

Post #1468226th Aug 2005 10:37 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Worth some serious thought.

Ok. I'm off. I'll see you in mid-September.

Post #1468426th Aug 2005 10:38 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

All,

You'll notice I have 'moderated' a few posts on this thread, it's very important so needs to be kept as 'clean' as possible

Cheers
Si

PS. Brian, apologies for not posting this myself as discussed, you beat me to it and did a far better job of it anway Very Happy
 The End  
Post #1468827th Aug 2005 1:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >