Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[SOLD] RRS side vents
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
[SOLD] RRS side vents

Does anyone know any RRS owners who may want these?

2010 onwards side vents in excellent condition. Only taken off the vehicle for an upgrade.

Click image to enlarge

£20 plus postage
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Last edited by kes1907 on 10th Mar 2014 8:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #125073910th Mar 2014 1:50 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Put on RRSPORT.CO.UK for you Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #125074110th Mar 2014 1:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kes1907

Wow thanks Martin.

I did look at that but noticed you need 25 posts and I don't have that much to say Laughing

I've had these sitting around in the garage for ages and someone may as well get some use out of them.

Thanks again you're a star Thumbs Up

Kyle
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Post #125074410th Mar 2014 1:57 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Special K (Hic)

The world can sometimes seem very small

As stunning as this may seem to you as it is me, this is just what i have actually spent quite some time looking for Wink

My Bali Blue 2010 RRS has had the front wings painted a couple of times and needs doing again along with the front bumper, however i note that the side vents no longer stay clipped in as they should no doubt due to clip breakage on prior removal.

I do not really want to replace these with any of the uprated or more fanciful items you see on offer via Ebay, as i am very happy with the standard ones. I just want some that do not have broken clips.

For many months now i have dreamed and wished of finding someone with a couple of standard side vents kicking around their garage floor, and not really asking silly money for them.

So consider these absolutely and totally sold to someone who will really appreiate them and give them a home they deserve.

ATB

Colin

Post #125089510th Mar 2014 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kes1907

Shocked OMG Colin,

When I e-mailed you a while ago saying "one day I hope to be able to return the favour...." I had no idea you would actually one day find some way i may be able to help you Shocked hence my present last week. it was all i could think of to show my gratitude Laughing

Of course you can have the side vents. These are in very good condition. I acquired them along with a 2010 grille when someone else did a full front end upgrade with one of those blingy ones off e-bay (why would you?!)

I used the grille to mate to my existing D3 one to give my front end a more modern look (Narpy RRS Grille Mod if you have seen the thread) but had no use for the side vents.

Since you've messaged me about your retaining clip dilemma I have inspected the clips on the back of mine and the all look intact with no damage what so ever........only problem buddy is that I do not have a RRS to test them in before I send them your way.

All I can say is that I am more than happy to send them to you and if you find them to be problematic i will of corse immediately refund your funds? Does that sound fair to you?

Talking of shipping I will try and find the cheapest way to get these to you........i'm afraid personal delivery is not likely anytime soon lol!........the box I last sent you had to go via DHL as they were the only carrier willing to accept the contents. With these being a little less "risky" I may be able to get them sent by another carrier a little cheaper.

I will box them up in the morning for you and get some shipping quotes for you.

A very small world indeed lol Very Happy

I am so pleased I may be able to help with your project car in the same way you have helped with mine (even if it is to a much lesser degree). It may sound a bit much but it did bring a big smile to my face when I saw the name of the poster who wanted my items.

ATB

Kyle

Edited: Spelling Embarassed

Post #125092910th Mar 2014 8:55 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya all

Yep an old post i know but nice to complete it and bring it up to date.

I did indeed get these Vents from Kyle who spent a lot of time and effort in getting the best and cheapest shipping option and they are indeed totally mint and complete and with no broken clips at all.

Cheers Kyle Bow down

So i put them aside for when i come to get my front wings repainted.

Today after stripping off the front and rear bumpers in preparation, i came to remove my current wing vents that are not clipped in fully, leading me to believe that they have broken clips.

It was not exactly easy, but thanks to the internet and You tube i figured the best way to get them out.

Imagine my surprise when i got them out to discover that the Inner Venting / air flow ducting part of my current wing vents was totally missing on both sides, so only the visible face part was fitted.

I can't wait to refit them to my front wings knowing they are complete, correctky doing the job they were designed for and will clip in fully and properly giving me a full and proper OEM result.

I have promised to send Kyle some pictures which i will glady do.

ATB

Colin

Post #13068754th Jul 2014 7:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >