Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Disco 4 MY15/16 HVAC lack of Heating issue.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Does your MY15/16 have
MY15 Yes
22%
 22%  [22]
MY15 No
9%
 9%  [9]
MY16 Yes
55%
 55%  [55]
MY16 No
13%
 13%  [13]
Total Votes: 99

MrH

United Kingdom 

MY15 added to title but awaiting response from Mods as to how I can edit the poll to add a separate MY15 thread question so we can show results for both MYs.
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #162352211th Mar 2016 9:03 am
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I had thought that I was somehow getting a draft as even at auto 24 degrees when cold outside I was feeling a cool draft. I now suspect I may be experiencing the same issue.

I need to get a thermometer and check but not sure where the system measures it's 24 degrees
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #162354511th Mar 2016 10:00 am
CRC@LandRoverVerified Account
Verified Account 

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

Whilst I appreciate the comments made, with respect I must advise that Land Rover cannot investigate a concern with information provided via forums and we instead rely solely on a physical diagnosis to be completed by a Land Rover retailer in each specific case to ensure that we are correctly identifying each concern and quantifying the number of affected vehicles.

Should any of you be experiencing a concern with your vehicle that you wish to be investigated, may I suggest booking your vehicle in with your local Land Rover retailer so that they may inspect and diagnose your vehicle and advise accordingly.

Should any additional assistance be required following your retailer visit, please feel free to send me a PM with your details and I will be happy to assist.

Regards

Ryan

Post #162355411th Mar 2016 10:39 am
jdhx

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Ryan:

Whilst there could be an element of "jumping on the band-wagon" in this forum, surely part of your role is to monitor the posts and advise Engineering if a particular issue appears to be widespread, as this one certainly is.

Your comment smacks of "divide and conquer" or "don't you lot try and gang up against poor LR"!
 Volvo XC60 - does all that the D4 should have done
Discovery HSE MY16 (good apart from the heating), now sold
Audi TT Roadster (wow)
MGB Roadster (owned since 1992)
Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE MY08
Saab 9-5 Aero 2002 (gone but not forgotten) 

Post #162356711th Mar 2016 11:12 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Ryan,

Could you raise this with your management chain as it does seem odd to engage via social media and forums but do little more than redirect customers back to brick & mortar dealers. Some owners are not blessed with great dealers and dealers are under pressure to fix things there and then. Dealers are not best placed or even funded to do test and evaluation of potential design issues either. Indeed, they do not get direct access to design intent and are often forced to check issues against a similar vehicle for a comparison.

I think JLR can do a lot better than they are when it comes to engaging with their customers and are really lagging behind others. As it is I fear further friction will develop as the customer-interface norms develop further whilst JLR continues to hold customers at arms length and use forums for the sole purpose of redirecting people back to dealers.

It is also worth noting that mechanics and technicians also use this forum, so more care needs to be given to providing accurate and truthful information. It may be possible to get away with bending the truth for brand protection when dealing with someone random on the phone, but posting on an open forum opens it up to people with a little more knowledge. I am not the only one that cringes when I see yet-another-howler come from LRCS.

Again, I urge you to raise this internally as I suspect acheiving a change may take a while.

Regards,

Rob
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #162357411th Mar 2016 11:22 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

MrH wrote:
MY15 added to title but awaiting response from Mods as to how I can edit the poll to add a separate MY15 thread question so we can show results for both MYs.

I've deleted it H so you can reconstruct to your needs. Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #162358711th Mar 2016 11:57 am
ITP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ryan,
I realise that you are there to provide the corporate front but this problem needs to be addressed.

My dealer is unable to apply the fix for the outside air guage problem until Thursday next so I do not know for sure that there is no correlation between the two issues.

My My16 version registered in October has all the symptoms described above. My dealer seems at a loss to address this, indeed when I raised it, together with the outside air issue, they seemed not to have heard of either.
The response in the outside air case was to wait for JLR to come up with a fix so I presume the temperature issue will be addressed in the same manner. That being so, something needs to be done now.

I will happily send the details you asked from a previous correspondent but I do not know what PM is.
Can you please enlighten me?

Post #162368211th Mar 2016 4:06 pm
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I also have this. Gets warm from FBH then starts blowing cold air

Post #162368411th Mar 2016 4:10 pm
CRC@LandRoverVerified Account
Verified Account 

United Kingdom 

Hi ITP

Thank you for your post.

PM signifies Private Message. As I note that you have made only a few posts, you may be unable to send me a PM. Should you require assistance and wish to send me your details, please feel free to email me at the following email address;

jlrcrcsm@jaguarlandrover.com

Regards

Ryan

Post #162368511th Mar 2016 4:12 pm
ITP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ryan,
On the way by E mail.
Thanks

Post #162368911th Mar 2016 4:22 pm
RAW

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Ryan

It seems odd that you say that you can not act on issues reported via a forum yet your development guys love to use the forum for surveys Exclamation

I actually got a email from JLR yesterday asking for survey on how my MY15 has performed over the last 12 months, maybe I should reply with sorry all feedback needs to collected via the local dealer as your not going to act on it!!

Surely if the info is good enough when you want views it should be good enough to enable JLR to look at common issues highlighted via a Forum.

No doubt this will end the same as the camera quality issues with a statement that all is working as intended.

All my issues get reported via my dealer but still the dealership seems not to get any help from technical.
Still I suppose my opinion on things that are not as good as previous models get taken with a pinch of salt and the attitude of what does he know ! After all I have only had 4 Discoverys since 2005 and currently run a MY11 and MY15.
I Tow 3.5T on a regular basis and often off the highways on unformed roads as do a lot of others on this forum.

Surely our findings and issues would be a benefit to JLR as they are designing vehicles and claim they will do these things with ease. Obviously the JLR test teams run the vehicles to test they will do this but this is in a controlled environment and not the real world.

Maybe the back word developments are my imagination even though it is highlighted by others on the Forum.

It seems the forum is good when it suits

Regards

Richard
 MY18 RRS Autobiography Fuji White
MY15 D4 silver Commercial
MY11 D4 Fuji White Landmark (Gone)
MY11 D4 Silver Commercial(Gone)
Isuzu Utah D Max(Gone)
John Deere Gator HPX
Nifty Lift HR12
Kubota KX41-2 

Post #162380511th Mar 2016 7:59 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Stop believing you're someone special. Just because you talk the brand up, are an enthusiast, contribute on a forum offering support and aftercare to JLR customers and improving the brand loyalty even further, provide clear and detailed feedback, have spent possibly over 6 figures on JLR products, don't think for a second you'll get treated any better than Joe Punter. Whistle

I learned this with my comms over the intentionally design to be poor surround cameras. If they had any shred of decency they would have at least offered me a partial refund but instead hid behind customer services Censored .

Hey ho! At least the charade of going above and beyond is revealed to be a sham.... Thumbs Up
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #162383511th Mar 2016 8:32 pm
BigT

United Kingdom 

I have this problem and have been discussing with my dealer. The vehicle is going back to the dealer for a second time shortly for further investigation.

I have been measuring the temperature in the vehicle for a number of weeks and the climate control is unable to maintain a constant warm temperature in the cabin

Set at 22 Deg C the cabin temp at seat, chest, head height is around 18 Deg C. Footwell temps are at around 22 Deg C.

At start up during cold weather the vehicle will push warm air out through the high level vents initially, but once warm it blows cool air in resulting in the temps above.

During the day the cabin feels warm if the sun is shining, but as soon as it gets dark the cabin feels cold.

The colder the weather, the worse it seems to be.

The vehicle can be forced to warm the cabin by setting temp to 26 Deg C or Hi and manually setting to blow warm air through the high level vents. So it is not insufficient heat being generated by the engine.

Lets see what happens in a couple of weeks.

Post #162385211th Mar 2016 9:03 pm
DaveT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

BigT,
That's exactly the same as my findings, and exactly as I have described it to my dealer, and exactly as they have communicated it to LR Tech.
 Long succession of Disco's since 2001...
SIII Lightweight - neglected & rusting. Bulkhead, A panels, vent panel & outriggers now disintegrated - Next years project! 

Post #162386611th Mar 2016 9:47 pm
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Considering Taking your car to a L/R dealership at moment is a can't be arsed attitude as they are selling them at a high rate,even my local telling them 2 problems that have been their more or less from start and how to rectify it and not interested in doing it so won't hold my breathe any time soon.

Post #162389711th Mar 2016 11:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >