Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Suspension woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
StoneCircle

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Suspension woes

I know its not a unique story, but thought I'd share my latest D3 "fun".

I started noticing the car dropping considerably when not used for a few days, and leaving it in the garage overnight with the battery disconnected indicated it was just the front dropping (equally both sides). So I purchased a new relief valve, got the D3 in the garage and went for the offroad setting only for the pump to overheat and give me the "suspension raising slowly" message (first time it had ever done this). The leak must have been happening unnoticed for some time and had overworked the pump. So I foolishly decided to go the "cheaper route" of rebuilding the pump. I fitted a repair kit (piston seal and slip ring, plus new filters and dessicant and billet filter top). All back together and back on the car - no improvement Rolling Eyes I think the cylinder on the pump had ballooned or worn and even with a new piston seal there was not much resistance in the middle of the stroke. So I ended up buying a new pump anyway. Got that fitted, suspension working great - then I went for the relief valve that started this all off. Jacked the front right up and put it axle stands, off with the lights, grill, bumper cover and on with the new relief valve. Put it all back together, lowered it to the floor and started it up. Suspension went up smoothly (had been quite jerky at the front) - yippee I thought ! Turned it off and had one last look around - hissssssssss from the passenger side front ! Now I have a definite air leak coming from the strut Big Cry I can only assume the airbag was perished and having the suspension up on full droop opened up a hole. I now have a new pair of struts on order and another few hours in the garage coming up shortly. Oh, and no cash left either Laughing

Post #168408524th Jul 2016 6:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >