Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What did you do in your Disco3 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 197 of 257 <123 ... 196197198 ... 255256257>
doz

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Marvelled at the flying carpet smooth ride since changing the air compressor, then got hacked off with the constant knocking from the rear anti roll bar. Why is it always a love hate relationship? Crying or Very sad

Post #157656712th Dec 2015 7:37 pm
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Drove down to see beanie and pick up my new Tuff-Trek H1 awning Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #157663912th Dec 2015 9:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grahamk

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

doz wrote:
Marvelled at the flying carpet smooth ride since changing the air compressor, then got hacked off with the constant knocking from the rear anti roll bar. Why is it always a love hate relationship? Crying or Very sad

ARB shims solved mine, it has been good for 5 years now!
 3 Flash Indicators
Clock on Dash
GVIF & Reverse Camera
D4 Bluetooth
EGR's Blanked 

Post #157664112th Dec 2015 9:26 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Having recently been treating the car to premium fuel, the 197 mile drive up to parents today was silky smooth giving me a much better feeling about the additional cost Thumbs Up
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #157677113th Dec 2015 2:31 am
doodahoops

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

My first MOT - flew through Very Happy .

My first service - a B one - two new front wheel bearings, so around about what I expected to pay - £££ (and with a little help from Warranty Direct too). Three months left until my first full year with a Disco and that will have been ££££ in repairs then... Shocked

Still the best car I have very owned. Thumbs Up

Took rubbish to the dump and then collected the hostess trolley from the in laws in preparation for Christmas Dinner...

Post #157927717th Dec 2015 7:33 pm
trev 1

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Put it back on 18" Disco 3 wheels, it was on 20" Range Rover wheels with tyres rated 109 it's back on the proper wheels now with tyres rated 112.

Post #158069420th Dec 2015 8:42 pm
Moth737

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I got excited stripping the engine bay down to swap out the fan belt tensioner. Bloody fan wouldn't loosen then my 3/8' drive ratchet broke on first attempt to slacken the belt!!!!!!!
Got through it by grinding down a 1/2" breaker bar I had spare. Surprised

Post #158077120th Dec 2015 11:49 pm
wizbongre

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Drove from Liverpool to Llangollen, then on to Betws y Coed then back to Liverpool, across the Denbigh moors and through Mold. Me, the wife and our two young kids, plus a boot full of "essential" stuff.

Have to say, really enjoyed the day just driving around. First time I've done those roads in the D3 after always doing them in something vastly more suited to throwing around country roads but for the type of car it is, it was still genuinely enjoyable. Not as fast by any means and the body roll was a little disconcerting in a few places but generally good fun.

One thing it has highlighted is it needs another go on the Hunter to get the alignment spot on. Right hander bends just don't feel as comortable as left handers and there is a very slight pulling to the left on normal, flat roads. No obvious tyre wear anywhere though yet.
 Cheers,

Gareth

'57 D3 2.7 TDV6 HSE gone and soon to be forgotten!
‘15 D4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Luxury
'64 Audi A6 3.0BiTDi Quattro S-Line Black Edition with lots of toys 

Post #158085921st Dec 2015 10:16 am
DiscoJez

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Little bit behind the times....... had a Wynns auto box mega flush thing done at an indie in Kettering a couple of weeks ago - fixed the hunting, juddering issues, car is silky smooth - very happy Very Happy

Had a full showroom valet done last Thursday, car looks amazing however it develop a gear box fault on Thursday evening, big F on the dash a message about reduced gears available and darn thing would not come out of park. Found the trick about flipping up the blanking plate behind the handbrake lever and rifled for the manual release button, limped home in, well, limp mode Confused Fault intermittent on Friday, ran it in to my local indie on Saturday, he found a fault code with his Hawkeye which we Googled - suggestion was a corroded/dodgy connection to the Park release solenoid, stripped the centre console down, found the connector and..... Corroded to Censored Neutral cleaned it up, re-connected, fault cleared immediately and not come back since. Did'nt look on the forum for answers but assume someone has had similar experience Question

Changed all the w5w interior lights and the H8's in the cornering lights for LED's last night very happy with the result - much bright whiteness 8)

Bagged myself a good condition 2nd hand set of stainless side tubes, hoping to get those on after Boxing Day - as much as i'd like to do it before SWMBO would not be happy Whistle

Post #158176922nd Dec 2015 11:32 pm
Naks

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Replaced all the interior & door lights with LEDs.

However, the front door ones refuse to come on, so I had to put the old lights back in. Any reason why this would be? Question
 --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: http://bit.ly/22l8YHh
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: http://bit.ly/2iH7jgG 

Post #158196723rd Dec 2015 4:00 pm
r4ff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Fitted the Prospeed front and rear wishbone protectors today, and also fitted the compressor guard. Wishbone protectors fitted like a charm, though the compressor guard is currently minus a bolt as it didn't like lining up with my rock sliders (not prospeed ones)... drill will come out tomorrow though so all shall be well Wink
 what is this life, if full of care?
we have no time to stand and stare.

Post #158202823rd Dec 2015 6:36 pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I found with the front door LED lights that you had to close the door, lock car, unlock it and then they worked. Must reset something. Also check they are in the right way around as they only work one way.

Post #158211723rd Dec 2015 8:51 pm
aman

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So this was my day yesterday:

Went to the Landrover Dealers to get some number plates made and fitted.
After this was done, I started up my car - but then I realised I had to get something off the back seat.
So I got out of the car (Car is an Auto, and was in Park, with handbrake on, with the car still running - thought it was only going to be for a few seconds, and the car was just warming up....), and (subconsciously) closed the drivers door, in order to open the rear right door.
I found that the rear right door was locked from outside, so I thought maybe I forgot to open the locks.
I then went to open the drivers door from outside, to get back into the car, but it was locked too!
I then tried all the other doors, and found they were all locked from outside!
So my car was now running, and I was standing outside the car (in the drizzle), and all of the doors were locked!
Also, my mobile phone was also locked in the car!
I walked back into the Landrover Dealer to see if there was something they could do to help (maybe they have a master key?), but the dealer said all they can do is break into the car, which would be likely to damage the door or window.
I was quite surprised that a main dealer would not have a way to easily get into a car in an emergency.
I used the phone at the Landrover Dealer to call a family member, who luckily was free to bring me my spare key.
The Landrover Dealer then closed and everyone went home (it was the end of the day)
I then had to wait 2 hours near the Landrover Dealer (in the drizzle), while someone drove to me from my home, with the spare key.
Fortnuately a local resident let me use their phone once or twice, to contact my family member (as my phone was locked in my car, which was idling away...)
The spare key was unable to unlock the car remotely (maybe because the car had a key in the ignition and was running?), but thankfully it worked in the keyhole hidden under the passenger outer door handle.
I could now get into the car and finally drive home.
I would not really like to be in this situation again - every other car I have had in the past, it is impossible to lock the key in the car, especially if it is running!
After I unlocked the car with the spare key, I tested the unlocking with both keys, and all locks opened fine from outside.
Is there anything else I should check?
The only thing I have ever noticed regarding the door locks is:

(sorry it took me 24 hours to get back to finish writing this...)

KEY 1 (MAIN)
Press Landrover button on key fob = courtesy headlights come on - OK
When car is unlocked, press lock button on key fob once = all car doors and boot lock - OK
When car is locked or unlocked, press lock button on key fob quickly twice = all car doors and boot lock, but passenger door unlocks from outside - NOT OK!
When car is locked, press unlock button on key fob once = only front doors open from outside - OK
When car is locked, press unlock button on key fob twice = all doors and boot unlock from outside - OK

KEY 2 (SPARE)
Press Landrover button on key fob = courtesy headlights come on - OK
When car is unlocked, press lock button on key fob once = all car doors and boot lock - OK
When car is locked or unlocked, press lock button on key fob quickly twice = all car doors and boot lock, but passenger door unlocks from outside - NOT OK!
When car is locked, press unlock button on key fob once = only front doors open from outside - OK
When car is locked, press unlock button on key fob twice = all doors and boot unlock from outside - OK

INSIDE CAR:

Drivers Door (Front Right Door)
Silver door handle moves the lock lever on the door, but does not open the drivers door - PROBABLY NOT OK
Moving the lock lever manually cannot get the drivers door to unlock - NOT OK
Door lock lever next to silver lever inside car, can be used to lock the door = it locks the door from inside and outside - OK (Tested this by winding window down and trying to open door from outside...)
Door lock lever next to silver lever inside car, cannot be used to unlock the door from the inside or outside = it does not unlock the door from inside and outside (Tested this by winding window down and trying to open door from outside...) - NOT OK
Lock button on dashboard = locks door inside/outside - OK
Unlock button on dashboard = unlocks door inside/outside - OK
The only way to UNLOCK the drivers door from inside the car, is to press the unlock button on the dashboard - NOT OK

THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR DOES

Front Passenger Door (Front Left Door)
Silver door handle moves the lock lever on the door, and this opens the door - PROBABLY OK
Moving the lock lever manually cannot get the door to lock from inside or outside - NOT OK
(I tested this by winding the window down and opening the door from outside)
Door lock lever next to silver lever inside car, can be used to unlock the door = it unlocks the door from inside and outside - OK
Door lock lever next to silver lever inside car, cannot be used to lock the door from the inside or outside = it does not lock the door from inside and outside - NOT OK
Lock button on dashboard = locks door inside/outside - OK
Unlock button on dashboard = unlocks door inside//outside - OK
The only way to LOCK the front left door from inside the car, is to press the lock button on the dashboard - NOT OK

THIS IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE DRIVERS DOOR DOES

Rear Right Door
Silver lever inside door does not move locking lever with it - PROBABLY OK
To unlock the door, the locking lever is pulled up, and then the car door can be opened from inside the car, or from outside the car - PROBABLY OK
When child lock is on = door cannot be opened from inside the car, but can be opened from outside the car - OK
When the lock button is pressed on the dashboard = door locks from inside and outside - OK
When the unlock button is pressed on the dashboard = door unlocks from inside and outside - OK

Rear Left Door
Silver lever inside door does not move locking lever with it - PROBABLY OK
To unlock the door, the locking lever is pulled up, and then the car door can be opened from inside the car, or from outside the car - PROBABLY OK
When child lock is on = door cannot be opened from inside the car, but can be opened from outside the car - OK
When the lock button is pressed on the dashboard = door locks from inside and outside - OK
When the unlock button is pressed on the dashboard = door unlocks from inside and outside - OK

Naturally I will (hopefully) be much more careful in the future to not leave the key inside the car when closing the doors, and I advise all of you the same

Your input would be much appreciated

Post #158214323rd Dec 2015 9:36 pm
DiscoJez

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Naks wrote:
Replaced all the interior & door lights with LEDs.

However, the front door ones refuse to come on, so I had to put the old lights back in. Any reason why this would be? Question

The bulbs have 2 contact wires, on a few of mine I had to prise the wires out a little to make a good contact Thumbs Up

Post #158218023rd Dec 2015 10:54 pm
Naks

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

hmmm, I don't think that is the problem, the bulbs works in all the other spots...

but will try prising them open a little.
 --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: http://bit.ly/22l8YHh
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: http://bit.ly/2iH7jgG 

Post #158225424th Dec 2015 9:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 197 of 257 <123 ... 196197198 ... 255256257>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >