Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 170 of 286 <123 ... 169170171 ... 284285286>
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

UPS and their handling of import duties.

Ordered some stuff from Front Runner. I knew what import duties, VAT etc were payable, no drama there. Stuff due for delivery today, so last night I checked emails and checked the tracking status for the package, no mention of the import fees. Assumed the driver would present me with the confirmed amount and wave a card machine at me.

Grumpy German UPS driver* turned up with the rack and all the other bits, I open the door with my bank card in my hand. He says "you have money for me? £206?" which is within a couple of quid of the amount I was expecting, so I wave the card at him.

UPS "No. Cash or Cheque"
Me: "the what now?"
UPS: "Cash. Or. Cheque". He then mutters something about stupid people in German, which unfortunately for him I did at school.....
Me: "Who the Censored has a chequebook these days? Who has £200 cash just lying there and will give it to a delivery driver with no advance notice? Can I pay online?"
UPS: "Yes, you pay online, I deliver tomorrow"
Me: "it will take me 90 seconds to pay and print the receipt if you give me the link"
UPS: "No, I take back to depot, deliver tomorrow"
Me: "......."

UPS guy then proceeds to swear under his breath in German and check the packages back into the van. I go indoors, pay online using the details he's handed me and he's still there muttering to himself by the time the receipt is printed. But now he's checked it back in to the van he's not going to let me have it today.

So yeah, rack etc in the UPS van for the day, back to the depot, then back out again tomorrow. At least being UPS it shouldn't get the Censored kicked out of the package. Of course if there is any damage to any of the packages I shall be refusing delivery..... Whistle

(* He's a real delight, a total ray of sunshine whenever he delivers here. Like an evil version of Papa Smurf, he rocks up in all weathers in sandals with socks on, blaring Mozart like a classical version of a really miserable ice cream truck driver. I fully expect to see him on the news one day, with reports of a of all his female relatives found bound and gagged hanging from meat hooks in the back of his van)
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #229282624th May 2022 10:15 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

<racial>Loud Mozart = OK. Loud Wagner? Probably not so good.</racial>

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #229282724th May 2022 10:18 am
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

What a Censored !

Reminds me of a situation a few years ago when I was living in Germany. Drove back to the UK in my German registered car, popped into the services near Stansted Airport, and some plant based guy decided to tell his mates what he was going to do to my car once the effing kraut (me) had gone into the services.

He got a hell of a shock when my perfect anglo saxon reponse was followed by a sharp punch on the nose.

His mates were Censored themselves laughing and assured me my motor would be safe as they dragged him away.

All was well on my return.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #229282824th May 2022 10:26 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

HWN wrote:
<racial>Loud Mozart = OK. Loud Wagner? Probably not so good.</racial>

.....so I kicked him right in the Götterdämmerung

The ring cycle? That's going to smart....
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #229283124th May 2022 10:48 am
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Kids - just today…..

£500 for one of them re a school trip to Belgium.

£268 for the eldest for a GAMSAT test plus another £100 reading material.

The costs for the Disco pale into insignificance compared to the kids. Rolling Eyes

Post #229290724th May 2022 8:41 pm
al cope

England 

^^ couldn’t agree more, remember my eldest daughter coming home asking if she could go on a school netball tour - to Barbados 😳

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #229291324th May 2022 9:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

JordsDisco wrote:
Kids - just today…..

£500 for one of them re a school trip to Belgium.

£268 for the eldest for a GAMSAT test plus another £100 reading material.

The costs for the Disco pale into insignificance compared to the kids. Rolling Eyes

Obligatory that you make them watch "In Bruges" in preparation for their trip.
Post #229292224th May 2022 9:35 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

NoDosh, just be grateful UPS got the import duty and VAT calculation correct.

UPS, charged us duty on items made in Italy, claiming they were made in Panama. They confused the Italian abbreviation for each as the country code for Panama. That cost us about £500 and we never got that money back.

Not the first time duty has been wrongly applied. The joys of brexit.

Brendan

Post #229292624th May 2022 9:42 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Brexit may be why you need paperwork but the Censored up is UPS’s Rolling Eyes

Post #229293524th May 2022 10:27 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I just hope it's raining tomorrow as I carefully check each of the 4 consignments for any signs of damage before I sign for them..... Whistle
Post #229293724th May 2022 10:41 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

astonbuilder wrote:
Brexit may be why you need paperwork but the Censored up is UPS’s Rolling Eyes

In your case UPS, however in our case it is UPS, DVS, Parcel Force, Fedex etc, because of the mess that the current U.K. government made of brexit.

Brendan

Post #229294324th May 2022 11:09 pm
al cope

England 
Barclays

Had the misfortune to have to visit my local branch. Only one counter position open but there are two ladies doing the meet and greet role and asking how they can help -get behind the counter and open another position would be useful !!

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #229313626th May 2022 2:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

After SWMBO catching our neighbour trying to kick one of our ducks earlier in the week (would take too long to explain why/how) and confronting him yesterday, we wake up to go on holiday with the tin tent today and find the disco has been keyed about 5 times. Can’t prove it’s them - difficult to have a camera as we own the drive at the back of terraced cottage & legally have to allow foot access along it for all our neighbours & another neighbour isn’t happy to be recorded using our drive to access her back garden.

This is the latest in a long line of passive aggressive Censored we get from them because they just dislike everything about us. We have a child who has some additional needs & they go out of their way to do sly stuff to him which causes him to have a meltdown and then stand at their window watching him unravel. And the neighbour is supposedly an autism expert but just believe our lad doesn’t have some issues, it is just our bad parenting - too personal to share more info about our lad as to why he has some challenges.

The sad thing is they used to be good neighbours - their daughter was our bridesmaid, their son was ring bearer but as they have got older, they are just angry and bitter with massive chips on their shoulders.

There just doesn’t seem anyway to catch them with enough evidence to do anything effective to put a stop to it. We’ve tried having a civil conversation with them but he just ends up ranting and walking off. They refused to work with a mediator.

It’s doing my head in. There’s nowhere else in our village we would move and why should we driven out of a home we love.

Sorry for the long post - needed to get this off my chest a bit.
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #229339828th May 2022 6:33 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Video camera the Censored out of your place. So they don’t like it, tough. Thumbs Up

Post #229340528th May 2022 7:16 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

so ... the passageway is effectively a public place.

the law on photography is you can take pictures but not stalk someone ... fixed cameras are not stalking anyone, just photographing them in that location.

Hell, if this was the US of A, you could probably setup an AR15 in place of a camera.

Post #229340728th May 2022 7:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 170 of 286 <123 ... 169170171 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >