Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

URGENT - Land Rover D3 - K4KYK Stolen!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

If you get two more new keys coded then the old ones will be no good and will not work, also you need to inform BLackbox that the nanocom has been stolen then they can block the tool so it too cant be used.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #179066613th Mar 2017 9:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kk7408

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 3

Thank you Flack.

Is it main dealer for new keys?

Will ping a mail over to Blackbox now.
 D3 HSE
D1 300tdi auto
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 

Post #179066913th Mar 2017 9:25 am
muddywheels4wd

England 

Glad you found them Thumbs Up

Pity the police didn't suggest leaving them there and setting a trap for when the scumbags returned and following them to their base but that would involve doing some work and probably infringe their human rights or something Rolling Eyes

I had a really good German trailer I bought from an ex army mate taken years ago from rear of house/business - they cut padlock on gates and motorcycle chain securing it to tree Evil or Very Mad

I had to buy a rubbish B&Q trailer to replace it and it hadn't been insured - few weeks later I spotted it in a garden nr kids school and informed the police who told me I couldn't take it back but they would investigate. All the lights had been smashed off and the wiring removed along with other bits snapped - sat unlocked at back of police station for weeks while they dealt with it.

They did the same with some recovered LRs from the LRO show here one year and the scumbags tried to steal them again from the station Shocked

I eventually got it back and the police did nothing because he claimed he bought it off a bloke in the pub so receiving stolen goods must be legal now - I recognised the vehicle at the property belonged to a customer too Confused

No wonder scumbags have no fear of being caught or prosecution Banging Head
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day! 

Post #179067413th Mar 2017 9:47 am
RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

An all too common experience Twisted Evil

I feel for you but very glad you got them all back.

Some good idea's about securing the vehicle again (locks change etc.) but i'd offer a couple more about securing the property and perhaps changing the way keys are stored.

Not entirely clear if they physically broke into the property (sounds like it), but how many of us leave keys lying about or on the hall table ?

Keep them out of sight and if possible out of sight in a secure (locked) key cupboard (we've got one with a keypad on the front) and put all keys in there when you (or family members get home). Ours cost about £90 but is quite large - I know its a lot but how much pain is it getting a car (or several cars!) stolen and keeping the keys secure is key (!). After a month or so of fines (including me moving sons car and he mine! type jokes it just became second nature to put the keys in the box and lock it.

If they didn't break in 'fishing' through the letter box is another favourite for crims, a simple (but strong) flap , brush thing or basket will make their jobs more difficult, but of course don't leave stuff in the hall or in plain sight (see above).

Of course the old maximum if they want it they'll get it applies but for me it helped SWMBO and I sleep a lot easier that and a zoned security alarm.

Ohh and it will make discussion with the insurer a whole lot easier as well, might not have helped in your particular situation, Just a few thoughts!!!

Post #179068113th Mar 2017 10:13 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
suggestions...

to secure your D3 before & after the locks / keys swapped
....get yourself a Disklok (£100..00 approx not only secure the car from being driven off but also a very good visual detterrant - reccomended by Police to me)
...keys & valuable in the house - get yourself a small safe, not that expensive & keeping your spare keys in there means crims getting into your house dont have an open season on your vehicle/s

my next door nieghbour here had his D4 stolen from the apartment car park - this was a copied key job done whilst his car at service - the two things I did as above were a preventative action for my kit
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #179069713th Mar 2017 10:57 am
FISHBOY

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

[quote="muddywheels4wd"]Glad you found them Thumbs Up

Pity the police didn't suggest leaving them there and setting a trap for when the scumbags returned and following them to their base but that would involve doing some work and probably infringe their human rights or something Rolling Eyes

Couple of mambas would have been nice!

Glad you got your cars back.
 Last of the D4 HSE...  
Post #179071613th Mar 2017 11:39 am
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

And possibly get a puppy?

One that grows up big and growly?

Good news you found them, well done.
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #179072913th Mar 2017 12:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kk7408

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for all the advice and good wishes...still dealing with the CSI 3 days after the event..I get more and more disheartened by our Police capability by the minute..there are just not enough of them.

Anyway, all advice headed..they did break in. Keys were in far too much an obvious place.

I will look at the Disklok...a pain maybe, but will stop these young ruffians.

Security camera's, floodlights and house alarm all on order.

I think a small key safe may also be on order soon.
 D3 HSE
D1 300tdi auto
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 

Post #179144614th Mar 2017 6:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >