Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Fitted tree sliders today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Kingmav66

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

D4EWC wrote:
Looking at the tree sliders this morning and comparing it with the plastic trim that came off one of the folds on the sliders is not parallel which I think is the problem

The folds aren't meant to be parallel, if you measure the profile on the car you'll see Thumbs Up
All of the sliders that I've seen, are priced perfectly according to quality Thumbs Up

Post #18013628th Apr 2017 3:42 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Should be weather right though, there are an inner and outer door still, so provided not wading lots should be fine as the inner seal is still active
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #18015078th Apr 2017 8:45 pm
Zikzik

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

#vhlwarrior wrote:
I was just about to order a pair of these! They looked to be exceptional value for money. I think I'll wait and see how this develops first! Keep us posted, I hope it all works out well for you.

before you buy, have a look at bodsy's bars, if he still does them. they fit well and are are very good quality.
 D4 XS new November 2013, RLD Spare protector, Bodsy bars
2010 (60) Jag XF 3.0 P Lux. Gone but not forgotten
2012 Toyota IQ 1.3 auto (The wife's)
Hymer motorhome
2001 Triumph Bonneville 

Post #180189810th Apr 2017 8:20 am
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I don't believe he does anymore Big Cry
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #180196710th Apr 2017 12:00 pm
Discovery-Dave

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Quick update from me regarding the Terrafirma TF818's that won't fit... The supplier (Ribble Valley 4x4) has been speaking to Terrafirma and I believe they will be making a new batch and sending a set out.

They did mention one of the guys would try to fit a set to his Disco to see what the issues were but I haven't heard how that went yet...

I go away in a few days to the Yorkshire Dales and will not be happy if I don't have a set of bars or at least new front trims (with alignment brackets) and trim clips so I can refit my old sill trim. At the moment my Disco isn't weather tight as the door seal isn't closing up against anything - which has been okay with the recent good weather but forecast rain today and a few days this week.

I will say that Ribble Valley 4x4 have been very quick to respond and seem to actively be looking for a quick solution which is good.

Now I'll just have to see what happens - and also see if they fancy paying towards the new set of bars to be Raptor coated, as I paid a bit of money myself to have the defective pair of bars coated.

Post #180232411th Apr 2017 9:17 am
Discovery-Dave

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

So one full working day until the bank holiday and still nothing.

For anyone who had issues fitting. Did you refit your sill trim straight away? Where did you get replacement trim clips from?

I go away Saturday Shocked

Haven't refitted my sill trims because I don't have replacement clips. So currently haven't been able to drive the car in the wet as it isn't weather tight!

Post #180279012th Apr 2017 2:17 pm
Mr.Tom

As I mentioned it should still be water tight. There are two door seals and the inner one provides most protection. If you've driven off road through lots of wet mud and sand you'll see what I mean as when you open the door the inside of the door between the two seals is plastered in muck. The outer seal proves some protection and stops the worst of the elements and the inner one provides additional protection.

I've been wading in mine and you open the door and it will be wet up to the inner seal.

Unless you are planning to do lots off road, general road use I would have thought you would be OK

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #180289612th Apr 2017 7:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >