DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Immobilized
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Cpmlr3

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
Immobilized

but not losing faith.

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have had my 2007 LR3 for long enough to have fallen in love with it like much of you.

I've recently found myself at the tradgic end of a horror story. Long story short I got too close to some water at a crossover and had to pay over $600 just for a tow back home. The passenger side being closest to the water unfortunately it suffered from the most damage along with a good amount of water eventually getting inside. With some help from friends, we gutted the inside all the way to removing the carpet up to the third row. I've replaced ECU, CJB, TCM, and instrument cluster in hopes of at least getting it to crank though to no avail. After nearly hitting the end of the Internet I have to reach out for advice/guidance. With the middle row, passenger and driver seat, amp, DVD player still removed I was unable to get it to crank last night.

After doing some research this morning I believe I may need to get the key that belongs to the CJB that I replaced with? Would this be correct? I received all 'new' parts from one vehicle and was lucky enough to find all of them at a local salvage yard. There is several locations on the passenger side where connectors have some buildup where I have attempted to clean to the best of my abilities.

I guess I'm asking for any recommendations on where to continue at this junction. What I'm leaning towards doing is trying to get the key that is 'tied' to the CJB that I got in hopes of the engine cranking and then reading the diagnostic from there. OR trying to get the EKA for the CJB and overriding the immobilizer. I appreciate any help or guidance.

Post #183021524th Jun 2017 11:42 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yes CJB does have to be paired to the vehicle.

Normally done by dealer on replacement.

Not sure how to do this with salvaged one?

Would an IID be able to do this?

Others may know.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #183024525th Jun 2017 7:28 am
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Yes I'm fairly sure the IID will code a cjb to the car. Need to go and check though as app won't tell me what ecus it can do without being connected.
Back in a minute Laughing

Okay not specifically listed on my tool but worth contacting gap. Someone else may know more Thumbs Up

Post #183025525th Jun 2017 8:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cpmlr3

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3

but wouldn't the programming be for communication with the ecu and instrument cluster? I've also replaced those parts with ones from the salvage LR. So in theory shouldn't the ecu and CJB already be programmed together?? Unless there's more involved with the programming??

Thanks again for the help guys

Post #183037025th Jun 2017 3:37 pm
Rick-the-Pick

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You must have the matching key.

You need the engine ecu, CJB, binnacle, air suspension ecu, & of course the vin for future diagnostics.

I've swapped a few over in the past.

Post #198687927th Sep 2018 2:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

On the "Foxwell" tool, it has a function to code a key to match CJB. Not sure whether that means re code existing key or code a new one. It is done by putting key in ignition, turn to position 2 and run program. Matches key to car. So would think many other tools can do this

Post #198724828th Sep 2018 1:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >