DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Range Rover digital lcd instrument cluster retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 35 of 37 <123 ... 34 353637>
Novembruh

United States 2013 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zambezi SilverLR4
Re: TFT Cluster Retrofit Done........Almost

[quote="GeneralSK"]
As for the actual fitting and programming, it was a little tricky and the hardest part was trimming the cluster to fit.

If you guys are keen to trust yourselves enough to have a go, I would be more than happy to assist, just PM me.

Hi, please send me a private message, I have a new account, now I am on the way to upgrade my rrs 2013. I bought a dashboard from l322 2010 and I was thinking of paying for it to be reprogrammed, but in Los Angeles they either do not know how to do it, or they are afraid , In Russia, every second owner of l322 installs a tft cluster, I sit and smoke forums, and since I'm an amateur in this business, I'm afraid to make a brick out of the panel

Post #232667314th Feb 2023 6:33 pm
Novembruh

[quote="Banesworld"]
I'm sorry I can't PM yet, I have another post to make, my question is reprogramming an l320 instrument cluster and installing it in my range Rover sport 2013, from all I know I need mongoose and a laptop with jlr sdd

Post #232668514th Feb 2023 7:27 pm
Novembruh

why is the most stable operation of sdd on x32 windows 7? Is it worth installing an emulator for it?

Post #232687016th Feb 2023 6:16 am
Bezuk118

United Kingdom 

Can anyone share more info on this, are you using a hex editor or a certain program?

Post #233008014th Mar 2023 7:07 pm
AndyCHO

Australia 

Well I have managed to read all the data from my original RRS 2010 dash and successfully load it onto the 2012 TFT RRS dash and even modify (slightly butcher) the support structure underneath the cowl so it all sits in the nicely.
I love the screen and find it to be much easier on the eye than the original.
Now I need to find the CCF settings to change the petrol screen (8000 rpm tacho full scale) to Diesel.
I have CCF files opened up to me from IID but for the life of me I cannot find in there the CCF that has been mentioned earlier on in this thread.
It was specified as Instrument Cluster and 4 variants.. with Variant 2 being the Diesel (I think).
I found Cluster Level but there are only 3 variants and none change the look. There is also Cluster Skins and this showed variant 2 being the Supercharged but there were more than 10 and I didnt want to check all of them.. I checked a few and other than varaint 2 nothing seemed to change.

So if anyone has any insight into which one needs to be changed I would really appreciate a heads up on it.

Post #233370518th Apr 2023 1:05 pm
AndyCHO

Australia 

OK, for those playing along at home I found the correct CCF to change my gauge details.
It is currently (in my version anyway) called Gauge Variant and mine was set to Scale 1. I changed it to scale 2 and bingo... it all reads as it should.

Many thanks to those in here who have inspired me to do this to my RRS and to one preson in particular who helped me out enornously with assistance with the changing the eeprom to read all the right data.
I probably wouldnt have been able to figure it out with his input.

Post #233377119th Apr 2023 1:39 am
Banesworld

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Great work Andy looks fantastic well worth the effort Thumbs Up
 RR L322 Digital Dash Cluster - Done
IDCORE CarPlay Infotainment - Done
Cubby Fridge - Done 

Post #233481927th Apr 2023 2:39 pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

thp wrote:
SDD made it super easy after VIN, Display ID, and Mileage.

SDD Instructions;
Plug in cluster, run all the stuff to connect and everything. Run the immobilizer routine and it does all the hard lifting.

I know, far fetch as it is an old post, but which procedure in the SDD exactly? Cluster replacement? Immobiliser replacement?

Post #233680617th May 2023 9:45 am
fcoms

Argentina 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Hello i just retrofit my IC and is amaizing... just want to make your life easier so i will show you in what line of my chip files where found INMO, VIN, MODEL and KM

VIN: 0A0;0B0
INMO: 0C0
KM: 780; 790
MODEL 7C0;7D0

With that program in my new IC and Changing the GAUGE VARIANT to N°2 with IIDTool is all working perfect.

Hope this help anyone!

Post #233917312th Jun 2023 12:48 am
Secondtonone69

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Banesworld wrote:
So I have finally completed the RR Cluster retrofit Very Happy (besides rev range CCF edit)

As promised, I've got some images that show precisely the material that I removed from the dash hood in order for the cluster to slip in nicely and all the trim to nestle back in place exactly the way it should fit.

The only material I needed to remove from the cluster itself was in the form of trimming the original mounting lugs from the bottom edge, and small locating pins on either side of the cluster.

The material I needed to remove from the D4 dash came from the plastic cluster visor, pictures below explain better than I ever could in words here, but, effectively you are removing enough material from the visor to allow the top edge of the new cluster to sit back far enough for the perfect viewing angle and for the visor to not be pushed upwards by the small fan on top of the RR cluster.

if you neglect this step it will make the surrounding trim distort when trying to refit everything.

My first few test fits showed that I hadn't removed enough material and this caused the plastic trim that sits around the cluster face to pop in and out and not sit flush with the horizontal piece on the bottom edge of the dash behind the wheel, very noticeable and not good form.

Using a Dremel, I was able to remove the material fairly easily and didn't damage anything else in the process.

I did cover the steering column with a few rags to prevent the plastic swarf from getting onto the rails that the steering column slides up and down when adjusting the wheel position, this is crucial because those rails are covered in grease and the swarf will easily stick and I expect cause grinding if enough makes its way down there.

Probably took me 3-4 hours over a couple of different days to make everything perfect.

I did also use some 3M double-sided pads on the bottom edge of the cluster to push it up far enough that the bottom mileage/MPG line was a bit more visible. Without that the lower edge just sat a bit too low for my liking.

The pads also did a good job of holding the cluster in place while I popped all the trim back in place around it, not that it was in danger of going anywhere, it's a nice snug fit in there and the leading edge slotting into those cuts from the dash visor helps a lot to secure the cluster in place.

Apologies if this is all hard to visualise hopefully the images will explain a little better.

All in all, this was a journey but it was fun and I can honestly say it looks amazing in person.

Along with my IDCORE carplay unit, I can say the infotainment upgrade is officially complete!

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread even if I haven't communicated directly, and if anyone else is attempting this and I can be of any assistance, drop me a message Thumbs Up

Be Lucky!

what about just swaping the chip from one cluster to the tft if they are the same ?!?  
Post #233950314th Jun 2023 11:32 pm
AndyCHO

Australia 

I dont believe that would work as there is other info on the TFT chip that is relevant to the TFT screen... besides, they are soldered in so it would be far harder than reading some info and transposing that info.
The hardest part fothe process is actually modifying the underlying structure to accept the larger screen.
Go too far and you have a big issue.

Post #233950514th Jun 2023 11:39 pm
Secondtonone69

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I find it the other way around ,i will buy one and try it .

Post #233950715th Jun 2023 12:00 am
fcoms

Argentina 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

You can swipe the chips but you will have to put the range cluster info in the older chip or it won't have backlight.... So is better to just program the new one.

Post #233950815th Jun 2023 12:34 am
AndyCHO

Australia 

What do you find the other way around?
The chip on the TFT holds other information related to the TFT screen so removing the standard chip and placing it into the TFT screen board wont work, you will potentially Brick the TFT screen...

Post #233950915th Jun 2023 12:36 am
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

read pretty much whole thread very interesting project
is it doable on MY2016 D4?

G

Post #233997020th Jun 2023 7:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 35 of 37 <123 ... 34 353637>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >