Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

C1A20-64 Suspension fault code with Dunlop compressor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
charlietortoise

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Dryer cover

Its an easy job to do. I did snap the bottom bolt on the plastic cover though, that added a bit of time.

See here

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/dryer-assembly-removal-177424.html
 Discovery 4 3.0 HSE 2010 year. I like it a lot. Now with winch 😂  
Post #203245527th Feb 2019 6:42 pm
Sea Raider

I bought a used compressor off of here with an unknown fault

On checking it, it looks the dryer end cap has the usual crack between the pipes, I've sorted the cap as per the instructions on here and it seems to be working as it should. Will know when I need to renew the compressor.

Post #203245827th Feb 2019 6:52 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

DN wrote:
Thanks very much for the link gs, very helpful. Thumbs Up I have a new compressor that has been sitting in my garage for probably 5 yrs, as mine is 13 1/2 yrs old, I may just fit the new one, but I guess the dessicant may have become possibly saturated just sitting there, don't know whether to change the stuff and fit the metal type cap before fitting, to save doing the job again. Anyone know a successful way of drying out the dessicant ?

Hi

Ur very welcome and pleased it was helpful

That link for the new metal end cap also comes with new dessicant and filters so indeed if u fitted the kit to the new one before installing it would save u messing around, along with knowing it’s all been changed

Old dissicant I’ve seen people put it into a microwave , putting it through a sieve first

My suspension was in a terrible state , the old dissicant was everywhere , due to that and very worn parts I ended up replacing 3 x valve blocks , air tank, compressor and front struts

Plus at least u can also bench test ur new compressor in the warm and dry before fitting it Thumbs Up

Post #203254427th Feb 2019 10:45 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thank you all for your input Thumbs Up and thanks again gs Thumbs Up .....I have ordered the new cap /dessicant etc kit, and will change those items on the new compressor, hopefully so I don't have to do it again. I will keep the old compressor and other parts as spares for now I think. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #203254827th Feb 2019 11:02 pm
gstuart

Hi

Always a pleasure to help where I can, as god knows I’ve received tons of help Thumbs Up

Plse let us know how things go

Post #203255527th Feb 2019 11:17 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Old compressor and relay out, new ones in, this afternoon......Took it for a spin, and so far, no warning lights /messages. Must say, it was a cinch using the IID tool to depressurise the system, and re instate it afterwards Thumbs Up......... Had a quick look at the old dryer, no crack between the end cap pipe connections, but they were definitely leaking, and the silica beads were fairly stuck together, so I guess the dryer assy was basically clogged, and with leaks at the pipe connections, the compressor was underperforming significantly.
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #20330221st Mar 2019 5:15 pm
gstuart

Hi

Happy days and well pleased for u that u got it sorted out Bow down

Imagine it drives nicer as well as when I replaced mine it drive like a different vehicle Thumbs Up

I also had to replace the compressor bracket as mine was all broke, it made a terrible noise when it kicked it, rattled that much I was expecting it to drop on the road Laughing

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #20330621st Mar 2019 7:20 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Hi gs, yes, I managed to get a new compressor bracket a while ago (quite cheap on the internet Laughing ) and painted it black, to try and stop it going the same way as the old one. D3 does feel better to drive. Thanks again for all your help. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #20330691st Mar 2019 7:42 pm
gstuart

Great stuff Thumbs Up

Found it very awkward at first trying to install it , also gave the new bracket a couple coats of dinitrol and some stainless steel bolts / screws

Happy motoring Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #20330791st Mar 2019 7:55 pm
ClassikFan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi chaps, hope you don't mind me jumping onto this thread but I have had one occurrence of C1A20_64 in the last 150 miles. I had a fully loaded car down a twisty road with a hump back bridge when I got the bong but nothing since including towing my caravan. Is it possibly just a one off or will this be a precursor to a full blown leak?
 Just 'cause you got the power... that don't mean you got the right.

Post #204935628th Apr 2019 9:11 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Mine started by throwing the suspension amber light, and ‘normal height only’ message, within about 4 mins of starting it each day, no one off’s, so you may just have a slight glitch Thumbs Up
Post #204935728th Apr 2019 9:22 pm
ClassikFan

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up fingers crossed
 Just 'cause you got the power... that don't mean you got the right.

Post #204935828th Apr 2019 9:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >