Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Ken

The Dundonian wrote:
Looks like a Disco Sport! Whistle

How Rolling with laughter

Post #201983218th Jan 2019 3:59 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

It’s the same basic shape and with the number plate in the middle, it’s obvious. I might not like my D5 offset number plate much, but it doesn’t bother me too much either. I certainly don’t want it to look like a Disco Sport! I might as well attach a pipe to the exhaust and be done with life. Rolling with laughter

Post #201986618th Jan 2019 5:44 pm
Ken

Lights are totally different call yourself an enthusiast Rolling with laughter

Post #201986818th Jan 2019 5:48 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Do you naturally insult people with a different view to yours. “Call yourself an enthusiast” err no, I never made mention of that, you did. Laughing

Anyway, you’re being a bit pedantic. Surely I don’t have to explain to you it’s the same basic shape minus one or two details, one of which was the number plate, sorry, obviously I do. Maybe you’re being a bit stroppy because you’ve got one of the centre number plates on your Disco Sport, sorry D5 is it? Rolling with laughter

Post #201993018th Jan 2019 8:34 pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

My biggest gripe about the D5 is the tiny little brake lights in the cluster. There are like the size of a rizzla paper and not very effective at night. Sure it has a nice big high level brake light, but if you're riding at the same height and forgot to put your sun visor up, not easy to see.

On the same note, it really annoys me when front indicators are located right next to the bright headlamps or the DRLs and you can't see them flashing.

Come on designers, I know you think your lights look cool, but brake and indicator lights are pretty important things for safety. Crying or Very sad
 Joe  
Post #202001819th Jan 2019 9:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Pelyma wrote:
You've pulled Rich Rolling with laughter

He doesn’t get that lucky. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #202002119th Jan 2019 9:43 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #202003419th Jan 2019 10:21 am
Pollski

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Quote:
]My biggest gripe about the D5 is the tiny little brake lights in the cluster. There are like the size of a rizzla paper and not very effective at night. Sure it has a nice big high level brake light, but if you're riding at the same height and forgot to put your sun visor up, not easy to see."

Completely agree. There seem to be a fair few of the beasties here in Sevenoaks now and the brake light IS basically the size of a Rizla packet!!

If I was going to go down the route of a D5 and be paying £65k+++ for the 'privilege', I would absolutely pay the extra £££ to have the numberplate in the middle. Don't care whether it looks like the Sport or not, the back end of the Sport looks better. Feels like we are going round and round in circles here but still ... Square end, square numberplate for the D4 ... it can go anywhere because it is 'balanced' and matches. long numberplate on a curved backend to the side isn't balanced. If it was in a non-verbal reasoning test it would be the wrong answer Wink
 My16 HSE Landmark - 2016 - Current. Indus Silver
My11 HSE - 2011- 2016. Stornoway Grey 

Post #202005219th Jan 2019 10:52 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have a square EU plate oh my D3 which I think fits nicely but on the other hand I had a long/wide/regular EU plate on my D4. I thought it looked ok, too. Laughing

Post #202005719th Jan 2019 10:57 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Oh, the D5 isn’t without fault design wise, but then name me a car that is.

The number plate used to bother me, I don’t even give it a second thought now. It actually makes it different and a bit easier to find in a car park. Essentially, like it or not, it’s part of a D5 cosmetics and even if they were giving away the number plate conversions, I wouldn’t want one.

I agree with the comments about the small rear lights, but if the intensity is there ...

Overall, I am happy with the car. It goes when you switch it on and internally there’s better use made of the passenger space. The LED headlights are really bright, you don’t need any enhancement. There little to get annoyed with tbh.

The price is a bit questionable, but then what’s not? If you want to keep with LR after your D3/4 then you either fork out the extra or start looking at the DS or Evoque.

Post #202006619th Jan 2019 11:23 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Love mine 8) ...had it nearly a year ...it's not even worth me debating anymore Thumbs Up

Post #202009519th Jan 2019 12:22 pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

I hate to Censored on anybodies parade, but the 3ltr engine is the same TDV6. So you know where to come when the engine goes pop after the warranty has run out Crying or Very sad

But I do like the car very much Smile

Joe  
Post #202010019th Jan 2019 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Not if like me you have the 2.0 240 Very Happy

Post #202010219th Jan 2019 12:44 pm
EMcC

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I consider the 'Discovery's' with the number plate in the middle of the back of the vehicle are not Real Discovery's but tarted up Evoques and the same as some of the 'Range Rovers' seen on the roads today. No longer proper Range Rovers but a variation of the Evoque.
Landrover has lost it's identifying marques.
Gone are the days of 90, 110, Freelander/Evoque, Discovery then top of the range the Range Rover.

Post #202010619th Jan 2019 12:54 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Having had both the D3 and D4, the D5 is an improvement on them tbh.

I also have the 2lt engine. Doesn’t suffer from the same problems the 3lt does and it’s only fractionally slower.

Post #202010819th Jan 2019 12:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >