DISCO3.CO.UK > Site News & Feedback

***** Fixing problems with forum log in *****
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
***** Fixing problems with forum log in *****

Exclamation This information has been replaced with the post here: solving problems with forum login

If you're having trouble with the forum or gallery not showing you as logged in and refusing to go through the login process then keep reading Smile

It's a problem with the forum/gallery cookie, possibly caused by the 'timezone' change effected by the UK going back to GMT from British Summer Time.

To cure the problem, use the correct method depending on which browser you're using:

Internet Explorer

NOTE: There is a side effect of this simple Internet Explorer method - you can only delete all of the cookies and so you will be logged out of every web site that you're a member of or have a username for - follow the advanced method below (thanks Slimer) to delete only the DISCO3 cookies.

First of all, log out from DISCO3.CO.UK. Then in Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu (fifth one along) and then select Internet Options (bottom menu item).

In the middle section of the window that pops up, under "Temporary Internet Files" is a button marked "Delete Cookies". Click it, and then press the OK button on the window that pops up saying "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?".

Then click the OK button on the Internet Options window and exit all Internet Explorer windows. Then load up Internet Explorer again, visit DISCO3.CO.UK, log in with your username/password and try the gallery again.

ADVANCED: Shutdown IE, search for and delete any file that starts Cookie: and contains the word disco3 (you need to delete cookies for disco3.co.uk and www.disco3.co.uk) in the name in your C:\Documents and Setting\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder. You may have to adjust your view preferences (Tools\Folder Options\View Tab in Windows Explorer) to show hidden and system files if you do not see any of these folders or files

Mozilla Firefox

First of all, log out from DISCO3.CO.UK. Then in Firefox, go to the Tools menu (sixth one along) and then select Options (bottom menu item).

In the left hand side of the window that pops up, click the "Privacy" button (with the padlock icon). In the privacy panel, click the + icon to the left of the "Cookies" title (fifth option down) so that the yellow cookies panel opens. Click the button marked "View Cookies".

On the "Stored Cookies" window that appears, scroll down until you have "disco3.co.uk" in the left hand side (under the "Site" heading). Click "disco3.co.uk", and then press the "Remove Cookie" button (bottom left). If you don't have a "disco3.co.uk" cookie, carry on to the next section.

Then scroll down to "www.disco3.co.uk" and repeat the above method to delete the cookie.

Then click the OK button on the Stored Cookies window, then the OK button on the Options window and exit all Firefox windows. Then load up Firefox again, visit DISCO3.CO.UK, log in with your username/password and try the gallery again.

---

If these do not work please ask me for a new password by e-mail to , the forum system does not work well for this problem.

Obviously let me know if you have any problems, or if you need help for other browsers Smile

Martin

Last edited by Martin on 26th Mar 2013 12:00 pm. Edited 13 times in total 
Post #264426th Nov 2005 2:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Seems OK in Safari (Mac OS X 10.4.3) if this helps anyone ?

-s

Post #264766th Nov 2005 6:43 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

With IE you do not have to delete all cookies - shutdown IE, search for and delete any file that starts Cookie: and contains disco3 in the name in your C:\Documents and Setting\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder. You may have to adjust your view preferences (Tools\Folder Options\View Tab in Windows Explorer) to show hidden and system files if you do not see any of these folders or files
 The End  
Post #264796th Nov 2005 6:59 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Martin, sorry to say, but I've binned all cookies, and still get this problem. Also, Can't access the 12 meg file, or any other mpeg on the site ..

Seemed ok yesterday though..
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #316887th Dec 2005 11:50 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Nooo Big Cry

Actually, there does seem to be a problem, I can't get logged into the gallery either - it looks like it the forum upgrade has broken it Sad

Will investigate and report back Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #316898th Dec 2005 12:12 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Er well I just fixed it for me by zapping all the disco3.co.uk cookies in Firefox Confused

I'll keep looking for a solution on the software itself, but I think it's likely to be a cookie problem. Which browser are you using Lee?

Post #316918th Dec 2005 12:48 am
lee01277

Martin, I'm using IE. I know the cookie has been zapped because I have to log in manually following a zapping

I don't use Firefox, but I'll download it tonite and have a go with that.
Post #317048th Dec 2005 9:24 am
lee01277

Martin, Just tried the gallery on a compleatly different PC , never used for disco3 before, and same result. Can't do much with the gallery at all.
Post #317398th Dec 2005 11:43 am
BN

England 

Martin, I now I am not the best computer expert, but the gallery will not let me log in at all. Confused Sad

Post #318108th Dec 2005 4:20 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BN wrote:
Martin, I now I am not the best computer expert, but the gallery will not let me log in at all. Confused Sad

Martin,

I am more expert than BN and I cannot login to the gallery either Smile

-s

Post #318188th Dec 2005 4:51 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Martin, I too am more expert than BN - but not as much of an expert as Simon...... and I can't log in to the gallery Embarassed
Please tell me how, O wise one Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #318198th Dec 2005 4:54 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'm no expert but it appears to be broke Sad
 The End  
Post #318248th Dec 2005 5:21 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Slimer wrote:
I'm no expert but it appears to be broke Sad
expertly put Thumbs Up  
Post #318278th Dec 2005 5:26 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Gallery

I no nothing but i can Shocked
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #318318th Dec 2005 5:56 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Thanks RLD Mr. Green

I'll have another look Confused

Watch this space Wink

Post #318358th Dec 2005 7:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >