AndrewW22nd May 2008 10:23 amAndrewW is confirmed
gilmore22nd May 2008 9:50 pmgilmore is confirmed
tintenter23rd May 2008 10:46 amtintenter is confirmed
MW25th May 2008 10:40 amMW is confirmed
Pikey25th May 2008 11:33 pmPikey is confirmed

Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Finished mine off tonight too. Just the rear 12v sockets, but they were a Censored to fit with the supplied block. I think it should have been an extra size up for when you fit the full combination kit.

So I have my Entel fully charged by the morning Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #32187014th Jul 2008 9:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gilmore

England 

Bodsy wrote:
Just the rear 12v sockets, but they were a Censored to fit with the supplied block. I think it should have been an extra size up for when you fit the full combination kit.

So I have my Entel fully charged by the morning Thumbs Up

Can you elaborate on that Ian? I've still not got round to doing my read sockets. Ta.
regs
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #32192714th Jul 2008 10:45 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Could be worse Rob, the whole lot could still be sitting on your workbench waiting time to put it all in like someone I know! Whistle
 Disco3 is now gone but not forgotten. Waiting for Disco6 with full aluminium construction weight reduction and hybrid engine...  
Post #32193914th Jul 2008 11:13 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

With the Full cable kit, the white block which is used to join the Twin power socket extension (TPSE) to the main cable, seems to be a little small. You can just about get the heavy duty cable in, but there is very little room to fit the TPSE cable in as well. I'd suggest going up a size. I suspect that it was fine when running just the TPSE from the front & connecting up, but with the heavier cable, it's just too small.
I managed it in the end, but it wasn't pretty and I'm not 100% convinced it's suitable.

I'm thinking that it would have been fine when used with the slightly thinner cable of the older style setup, but with the new combined kit I think it needs to go up a size.

I'm sure someone out there has a couple of blocks that can take the 6BS (?) cable plus a size 6 cable combined? maybe someone who's going to billing..... Whistle

Cheers

Ian
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #32198515th Jul 2008 7:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Bodsy wrote:

I'm sure someone out there has a couple of blocks that can take the 6BS (?) cable plus a size 6 cable combined? maybe someone who's going to billing..... Whistle

Do you mean a junction box for joining the cables?

VWP has some heavy duty ones if thats what you were after?
 Disco3 is now gone but not forgotten. Waiting for Disco6 with full aluminium construction weight reduction and hybrid engine...  
Post #32202115th Jul 2008 9:29 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Bodsy wrote:
I managed it in the end, but it wasn't pretty and I'm not 100% convinced it's suitable.

I'm thinking that it would have been fine when used with the slightly thinner cable of the older style setup, but with the new combined kit I think it needs to go up a size.

Hi Bodsy, it’s tight but the cables will fit and as the next size up is huge, there is not much advantage in using them as they would actually have a poor surface contact because of the larger size.

The terminal blocks provided have a continuos current rating of 65 amps so they will well and truly meet your needs.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #32202815th Jul 2008 9:38 am
gilmore

England 

BTW Ian, where did you put the extra cigarette-lighter sockets?
regs
rob
 All opinions expressed in this posting are my own and are not necessarily those of someone who knows what they are talking about.

Land Rover Defender V8, 50th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes ML350CDI
HM Moto CRE300X
Honda CRF250X
1974 Honda CB750K4
1975 Honda CB750K5
Ford Transit Custom (for the bikes) 

Post #32208815th Jul 2008 12:36 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

They did fit, but so tightly that it all looks a little messy & maybe not as complete as I'd prefer. I think I'll look at an alternative block so i can solder the wires together to ensure best join. I can always create a bigger solder band to ensure completeness of the join.

Rob, I put the sockets one on each side.
The one on the side where the existing LR socket is when to the right of the existing socket, in line with it.
The other side, I put in the same place as the existing socket, there's loads of room behind the panel. you need 1-1/4" hole cutter. I can bring one with me Saturday to cut the holes. Probably won't get down til about 12.30/1pm though. Depends on how early i can drop my eldest off.

So I have one LR existing socket switched by the ignition, running off of the main battery, and two x permanent sockets running off the Aux battery.

I'll run some auto cable on a cigarette lighter socket extension from the back to under the seats to power the kids DVD players rather than have them plugged into the existing socket in the centre console. Youngest has a habit of accidentally knocking the socket with his feet (Child seat lifts him up & puts him at exactly the right (wrong) position).

Will try and take some pics later Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #32247516th Jul 2008 10:06 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Two long bolts not better than one long one short!

Does anyone have two short bolts?

I went to fit the battery today and for some reason I have two long bolts Rolling Eyes

Short bolt form my main battery below the two bolts for comparison, can you anyone not already installed their battery please check if they have two short ones.

Its only a couple quid as a spare, but if someone's has two short we can swap over so we have a pair long/short and save some hassle.

Paul
Post #3280452nd Aug 2008 7:00 pm
RichieP

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Paul....

I think I may have the answer to your problems...... seems that Bornslippy has two long/short bolts... I need to get someone to check... what are the part no's

I'm in france at the moment but the bolts are at the warehouse, and I can arrange for one of our engineers to meet you there asap... just pm me..

Richard
 Richard......

2006 HSE Lugano Teal - with screens a DVD....PS2.... Freeview, and MANTEC plate!
2007 XS Commercial Java Black - with leather, Aux Battery and MANTEC plate 

Post #3280962nd Aug 2008 10:19 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Doh! Glad I didn't sort that bit out then...... Whistle Whistle

& Paul, where's the pics of your installation...? Did you just go the big relay in the end?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #3281092nd Aug 2008 11:13 pm
drivesafe

Australia 
Re: Two long bolts not better than one long one short!

TallPaul wrote:
Does anyone have two short bolts?

I went to fit the battery today and for some reason I have two long bolts Rolling Eyes

Short bolt form my main battery below the two bolts for comparison, can you anyone not already installed their battery please check if they have two short ones.

Its only a couple quid as a spare, but if someone's has two short we can swap over so we have a pair long/short and save some hassle.

Paul

Hi TallPaul, I could be wrong but from your picture it looks like you have two packs but three bolts, so you scored two long bolts in the one pack, if so, you scored a freebie.

Cheers.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #3281383rd Aug 2008 1:11 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

The extra one is from Paul's existingbattery bracket, so indeed he does have two of the longer bolts.
I'm pretty sure as RichieP has suggested, that BornSlippy's kit will contain two short bolts.
The Large One doesn't usually make mistakes (?)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #3281583rd Aug 2008 9:36 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Bodsy wrote:
The extra one is from Paul's existingbattery bracket, so indeed he does have two of the longer bolts.

Yep, bottom bolt was just for comparison, I have 2x XYG000051 and I should have 1x and 1x the short bolt but I am not certain of the PN for the bolt.

Bodsy wrote:

I'm pretty sure as RichieP has suggested, that BornSlippy's kit will contain two short bolts.
The Large One doesn't usually make mistakes (?)

I think what happened was when I got my two bolts from NoDo$h, who kindle couriered a bootful of the things to the southern meet, I just ended up with two long by mistake, and somewhere else there are two short.
Post #3281683rd Aug 2008 10:43 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

RichieP wrote:

I'm in france at the moment but the bolts are at the warehouse, and I can arrange for one of our engineers to meet you there asap... just pm me..

Richard

Hi Richard, I will drop you a PM, not in any rush as I need to overcome my bulkhead cable issue before I can mount the battery, but I suspected that perhaps you (or your bornslippy set) may have had the opposite problem to me.

I cannot find the PN of the short bolt, but the long bolt PN is:

Click image to enlarge

If you have two sets still you should have one long (same PN a above) and three short (another PN). If you only have one set for bornslippy and have fitted yours them I am gussing there will be two bolts with different PN's.

If you or one of your guys can check at least I know then where the short bolt went, and we can make arrangements as convenient to swap them over.

Paul
Post #3281703rd Aug 2008 10:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 14 of 17 <123 ... 1314 151617>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >