Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Chipperfield Watford / Kings Langley
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
West_Ham_Fan

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Chipperfield Watford / Kings Langley

New Disco 3 owner, never owned a LR before and nor new member - great site...

Anyway I needed a servivce on my 55 plate HSE and needed some advise.

I spoke to Chipperfield and found that the customer service etc was really very good right upto the point at which I went to collect my Disco 3 after the works were complete.

The MD’s wife advised me that I needed a 3yr service when I contacted them to ask. I have only owned the car for just under a year and needed advise as to what service it was due. She did me a deal with the price as I also needed a spare key to be supplied at the same time and I was comparing their prices with Bishop Storfords prices.

I took in the car the night before and collected a new Freelanded as a courtesy car. So far all very good and no problems.

The next morning the service manager called me to say that the car was due the next (larger B type) service which was about £120 more to do. I started to get a bit excited and complained that I should have been told this before I booked the car in. He said that due to the initial incorrect advise the larger service would be carried out at the same cost.

Well, when I collected the car later that day, I found that they had only carried out the smaller A service. The paper work was a right mess and it took a few questions to get to the truth. The engineer’s service sheet showed that they had carried out the smaller A service.

This then triggered an almighty internal row in the office where I could hear the service manager getting a right rollicking. Then the MD's wife came out absolutely raging at me, accusing me of “trying to get one over them”, saying that It was me that asked for the smaller service and trying to “screw them into the ground”! She was snarling and shaking with rage threatening me that “I wasn’t going to win this”.

She returned to the office and continued to shout and holler at her staff and coming back out verbally abusing me again. I just sat there in absolute bewilderment.

This went on for about ½ an hour and she signed off by saying that she never wanted to see me or my car again.

She was absolutely irrational and just wouldn’t calm down. She even continued outside when I was trying to get into my car and drive home. Her husband (the MD) who had taken a quiet back seat had to ask her to leave me alone.

The car is due to be booked back in though to have the new key supplied, to have some warranty work done and to have the extra service works done!

I cant wait!

Anyone else had a close encounter at Chipperfield!!! Big Cry

Post #33841931st Aug 2008 6:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

perhaps you should get everyone on the site to confirm they wont be using chipperfield again and then take a print out of this thread into them.

I for one wont be using them again Evil or Very Mad

If thats the treatment you get, dump um. There are plenty of good dealers around.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #33842231st Aug 2008 6:26 pm
timd3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

used them before and didn't get the "sideshow" entertainment!!!

what's her name - maybe a I could request she get involved in a future service so I could get a re-run Laughing

nowt funnier than folk!!
 2007 TDV6SE Auto Stornoway Grey - now sold...  
Post #3385621st Sep 2008 7:34 am
JohnD

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I replied to an email from West_Ham_fan and he suggested I post my response. To be frank I had some misgivings. After some thought I have decided ‘publish and be dammed’...

A bunch of amateurs professing to provide a professional service – pathetic.

I had the first service (1 year) Chiperfield and I did Not go back. I tried Pilling in Wellwyn (year two) for the second service and they were almost as bad. The end result: I did not have the third service and I traded my Discovery (recently) just before its third birthday. LR has to realise that customer service does not end with a sale but goes on for the lifetime of the vehicle. If that means they have to have a purge of there dealer network, all the better. The Discovery was a very good vehicle ruined by minor teething problem, shocking refinement of the electronic gizmos and appalling levels of service. I wonder what TATA will make or do with them? It was my first and last LR. As for me? I have brought a new top of the range Lexus GS450 H – well before LR bring a hybrid to the market. So far the car is far more complex than a Discovery and has performed impeccably. Good start but time will tell .....

Kind Regards

JohnD

Post #3392432nd Sep 2008 2:54 pm
applelover

United Kingdom 

Hi
I have just discovered that there are similar people out there who have had the misfortune of dealing with THE MD's WIFE Mrs Price at Chipperfield Landrover. Here is my (shortened) story:

After previous errors on locating fault with my Landrover Freelander I was contacted by Service Department and asked to allow them to put fault right (under full warranty). There was no mention of ANY charges in discussions. Get the call that car is ready but that a charge would be made. I queried this charge and was told to come to dealership to discuss this with MD's Wife Mrs Price.

Mrs Price informed me that she did not wish to spend time discussing this and had more pressing things that needed her time. When I began to politely respond she then stood up and said that the meeting was now over. Her face contorted and she started her shouting!!!!

Mrs Price told me that I was going to have a really hard time getting a service carried out on my Landrover as I will never be allowed to come to the Chipperfield Dealership again, that I will be really inconvenienced when I need any repairs and that she was glad I would have to drive miles and miles to get this done. She even accused me of trying to rip-off the Service Department, and that I had not shown any consideration as to the time they had put in locating the fault.

I tried to tell her that I need to come to the dealership as was in discussions about purchasing the new Freelander 2, her response to this was "No, not from us you're not". She then said to the very embrassed staff on the service desk "Mark her card Tina, she won't be coming here again"

I am almost tempted to pop in to Chipperfield Landrover just to see if I am then frog marched off the premises!
But alas I am too much of a coward and am therefore ordering the new Audi Q5.

Big Cry

Post #34455216th Sep 2008 12:11 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

These are appaling stories of what sounds like a nightmare dealership. Sorry you guys have had to move away from the green & gold badge. But there ARE some excellent dealers out there as well.

As for you West Ham Fan, what was your outcome? All resolved now or just as bizarre?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #34455916th Sep 2008 12:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If I can throw in my shot here, I only ever went to Chipperfields when looking for a new 300dti many years ago. Total lack of any interest from them, even on a cash purchase.......!!!! They just don't seem to give a sh Censored t

Got only slightly better service from Dutton Forshaw (now Stratstone after being Chas Douglas) and eventually bought my car from them. They did some warranty work - new alternator, starter motor. But at their prices it only went to them for the 1st warranty service.

Have since traded up to a D3 and continue to take my 3 Discos, 2 x 300TDI's and now the D3 to Mark Smith and Co in Bicester Phone 01869 242442. They fall over themselves and I can't tell you how nice it is to get professional service, free help, advice and they generally fit me in on the saturday. They don't charge franchised dealer rates either......if you are in the area give them a call.....

Give them a try you should be pleasantly suprised......It's certainly worth the drive from Aylesbury and I know they have customers from all over bucks, oxon etc even including one guy from Norway who brings his car over regularly.....now that is dedication..... Shocked
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #34457016th Sep 2008 12:43 pm
JohnD

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Its good to know there is a good LR dealership (?) out there! At this rate the LR dealership network will have driven away all potential buyers - no mater what car.

The likes of Chipperfield (and others) need to be removed from the LR official dealership network.

ARE YOU LISTENING Land Rover??? These dealer are single handley ruining your brand!

JohnD

Post #34465516th Sep 2008 4:37 pm
West_Ham_Fan

Well there was the issue of returning to Chipperfield get the B service completed and also the Warranty works carried out. But .... and this is quite funny ... The MD Mr Price read my post here and then went back on his word and advised that they wouldn't carry out this work.

A shame realy as it would have been a chance for Chipperfied to prove that they could give a good service and attempt to resolve the issues as any professional, decent, and dedicated dealership should.

I have booked into Hadley Green (with a hope of receiving a bit of service) to resolve the warranty works, however my Disco is now over 3yrs (it was within the 3 yrs when Chipperfield diagnosed the fault) and it appears that there is not a clear guildline for getting the works completed under warranty now.

I wrote to LR directly and thay have asked Chipperfield to send the key that I have bought from Chipperfield to Hadley for them to programme. Lets hope it works out! So it looks like I wont need to return to Chipperfield.

Perhaps we should have a reunion Rolling with laughter Laughing

Still interested in reading other Chipperfield encounters.

Post #34696820th Sep 2008 7:37 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I would suggest that if you paid by credit card you give Mr Price a lesson and request a charge back on it. They agreed to do a Schedule B service and only did the A service, so they didn't provide the service you agreed. They can't stop the charge back and will have to defend it, if they loose you won't have to pay anything.

Sounds like they are committing business suicide by treating people like this, you never know who reads these forums and how much it has cost them.

If your watching this Mr Price, keep an eye out for the guy from Rogue Traders, you might appear on TV soon Wink

EDIT: Just looked them up and they have a turnover of £17M, which is lot less than the other dealers who find favour on this website so maybe the volume of work speaks for the quality of service.

Post #34697520th Sep 2008 7:50 pm
applelover

United Kingdom 
Chipperfield Dealership

Hi Westham

Not surprized to hear that you have now been banned from taking you're vehicle to the Chipperfield dealership, I can only assume that you have also 'had you're card marked' - welcome to my world!!! It seems that Mr Price the MD is as nutty as his crazy wife. Customer care and satisfaction is a no starter at their premises.

Maybe Landrover are to terrified to deal with this pair of ******, as I wrote to them myself and got absolutely nowhere just some feeble and weak empty words saying they would be happy to direct me to another dealership.

Hope you get a good experience at the next dealership you try. Pilling Landrover in Welwyn Garden are my dealership now and they have been super.

I'll live in hope that Rogue Traders pay a visit to Chipperfield! Razz

Post #34731721st Sep 2008 8:32 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

At least they have a loyalty system, when you go in and have a service, they "mark your card".

I have not had any problems with the 2 dealers I have used Guy Salmon in Portsmouth and Yeovil in Somerset. Even when I turned up hours late to Yeovil they still fitted me in and did a top job.

Post #34845323rd Sep 2008 7:50 am
West_Ham_Fan

Just an update – I transferred to Hadley Green. They have so far been very helpful and obliging, picking up my car from home taking it in for 2 days and then dropping it back, washed and cleaned. Thumbs Up Hadley have programmed my new key and have investigated my warranty issue. It needs to return to them for another look at the warranty works and hopefully a fix, and LR Customer Services have been in close contact with me to help things along. I am now out of warranty period (although the problem was diagnosed by Chipperfield Twisted Evil with the warranty period), which is apparently a “grey area”! Thud So fingers crossed that Hadley keep up the so far very good customer service and are able to carry out the repair as a warranty claim. Question

Post #3545424th Oct 2008 8:37 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

countrywide wrote:
At least they have a loyalty system, when you go in and have a service, they "mark your card".

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
will they do my 4x4??
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #36005315th Oct 2008 6:02 am
Dawn

United Kingdom 

I am so glad that others have had a bad experience here, I was thinking that I had upset someone by showing an interest in a vehicle!

Post #49725418th Jul 2009 5:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >