DISCO3.CO.UK Calendar 2010 - Entries Open
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
DISCO3.CO.UK Calendar 2010 - Entries Open

I know this is a little late Embarassed

Entries have technically been open for a while, but here's the official notice and instructions. The 2009 Calendar was, without doubt, the best yet - let's make 2010 even better so get your photos in!

Rating/voting will take place in early September, followed by collation and design and printing ready for an on-sale date in October for delivery worldwide before Christmas 8)

You can upload photos to the Calendar gallery by choosing "(DISCO3.CO.UK Public Galleries) DISCO3 Calendar 2010 - CALENDAR ENTRIES ONLY " from the album list available when you upload photos like normal. All entries are approved before being accepted into the gallery, so don't worry if your photo doesn't appear straight away Wink

A few guidelines for entries:
  • All entries must have CALENDAR ENTRY in their description (not in the image's file name) to indicate you have entered it for the 2010 calendar. All other 'accidental' uploads to this gallery will be rejected. I will, if at all possible, move obvious 'wrong' images to one of your own albums and contact you about suspected calendar entries, but this is very time consuming and will lead to a long delay in getting photos approved.

• Please add some information about location, event, brief story etc which will be added to the calendar page.

• By submitting entries you agree for your photograph to be used free of all charges in the production of the 2010 DISCO3.CO.UK Calendar.

• Your photos must be available with numberplates clearly on show, and without watermarks, added text or other excessive image processing. The smaller image you upload to the Calendar Entries gallery can have numberplates obscured, but the high resolution version (see below) must be unaltered. This does not mean that the numberplate has to be in the photo!

• VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you have a large resolution (at least 5 Megapixels, 2 Megabyte file size) version of any image you enter for the calendar readily available as these will be required for high quality printing. This means no camera phone photos please. This will be required in September 2009 when the calendar is being designed. Please bear this in mind, and try not to lose files! Wink

• MOST IMPORTANT: Have fun taking photos of your D3/LR3 at work, rest or play Smile

Last edited by Martin on 22nd Oct 2009 12:12 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #45508116th Apr 2009 1:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Bump - come on guys, there must be thousands of great D3 photos out there - have only got 18 in the 2010 calendar gallery Sad

Post #4612571st May 2009 10:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Tell you what, to encourage more entries (perhaps...) of those selected for the 2010 calender, if you then have a public forum vote on which one should take the overall 'Picture of the Year' and I'm happy to print it out on the New Epson Stylus Pro 9900 10 Colour Ultrachrome printer on Canvas or semi Gloss media for the lucky winner.
I'm pretty sure I can get this to (almost) any part of the world, so not limited just to UK entries Thumbs Up

Size can be up to around a metre high (or wide) and let's say no more than 5 metres wide (or high!).
Of course, can also do it A3, A2 or A1 size if you prefer something smaller Wink

(Martin, please remove the post if you don't think my offer is appropriate) Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4612711st May 2009 11:09 am
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I have a couple of photos which could be entered if I had any idea how to do it! Confused
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #48794727th Jun 2009 8:28 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

All instructions are in my first post above, let me know if you need any more help.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #48795227th Jun 2009 8:44 pm
jh972

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Interested to know, Martin, why the number plate must be visible?
Surely this precludes many fine shots!
 2007 TDV6 SE Stornoway Gray
Llams Ride Height Controller, Traxide dual battery system, 

Post #49630416th Jul 2009 6:24 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

They don't have to be visible but if they're in the shot they mustn't be obscured/blurred/blanked etc.
 The End  
Post #49630516th Jul 2009 6:31 am
Penguin

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Adding some of mine...

yes yes we still have him, and we will keep him for a while Wink
 In a time of chimpanzees, I was a penguin.

www.m-release.com 

Post #50728514th Aug 2009 12:58 pm
Penguin

hmmm weird, I added 6, only 2 of them could be placed

www.m-release.com 

Post #50728614th Aug 2009 1:04 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Penguin,

In the three that have come to me for approval, none have this done:

Quote:
All entries must have CALENDAR ENTRY in their description

For the one that haven't gone through, try to resize them on your PC first.

Post #50729214th Aug 2009 1:28 pm
Penguin

ok, I'll give it an other try

www.m-release.com 

Post #50729514th Aug 2009 1:31 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the large number of entries for the calendar this year, the standard of the photographs was very high, and the decision of which to use was very tough.

Most of the photos have now been chosen, however there is still an opportunity to get your photos in the calendar...

Those of you with the 2009 calendar will know that the inner back cover features a fantastic double-page photograph of britindus' G4 paddling in Iceland. For those of you who don't have a calendar Rolling Eyes or who need a reminder, here it is:

Click image to enlarge

Despite the high quality of entries this year, there so far hasn't been a photo which was felt would be right in this space... so now's your chance to dig through your pictures, or your gallery, or even go out and take a great D3 photo or two to grace the back 2 pages of the 2010 calendar.

I have re-opened the 2010 calendar gallery, follow the instructions in the first post to upload. The only restriction is that the photograph must be taken as a PORTRAIT image like the one above so that it fits into the available space.

This will run until 8th October, when the final image for the calendar will be chosen and the calendar will then go into production ready for Christmas Shocked deliveries worldwide.

Post #5281221st Oct 2009 3:44 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

So... how does it work then?
Do we order and see which piccies were picked when receiving mail, or can we see the calendar online before ordering?

regards,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #5281871st Oct 2009 6:52 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

The calendar is not finalised yet, I need to sort out the final image (as above) and get the hi-res versions from those with "winning" photos Wink

The calendar pics will be available to view beforehand - see this thread for last year's as an example.

Post #5282031st Oct 2009 7:22 pm
GSLRO

England 

Quote:
The only restriction is that the photograph must be taken as a PORTRAIT image

That mean's i'll have to get back out this weekend and take my fav pic in Portrait, I'm sure that off side rear wheel is at least 18 inches off the ground!

Hope you got the other 2 pics in perspective as the call for evidence requires. Tryin hard to "Censored" off my work colleagues who use public transport 'bus, train, metro etc .. ... by hanging my callendar above my office PC but then again Social Workers! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

George Thumbs Up
 Club N.E.R.D.s  
Post #5289022nd Oct 2009 11:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >