Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Fitting radio remote buttons to base
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 11 <123 4 ... 91011>
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi JMC, the reason I mentioned it was because the Rangy works that way and many of the electronic feature on the D3 are similar to the new Rangies.

Cheers
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #5527928th Apr 2006 12:53 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I'm with JMC, my steering wheel buttons move up and down the presets.

Maybe its a Hi-Ice/Premium Ice thing?
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #5528228th Apr 2006 1:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Boofrmb

Australia 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Hi drivesafe. Have u done the job yet, and have the console installed. Im waiting to find out if it will work on the Aust SE.

Rob
 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 SE in Zambezi Silver
1948 Series 1 SWB Soft Top in Standard green 

Post #6497020th Jun 2006 11:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ontheridge

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Rob,

I added the controls about 6 weeks ago, to me AUS TDV6 SE, easy, just remove existing horn module and plug new radio control module. Hard part is removing the airbag, I had me crash shop guy do this for me they had refitted it poorly during earlier repairs after my bingle with a bollard in Jan, both airbag went off and nearly 30K damage

"watch out for the disco blind spots"

Cheers
Shaun
 D4 TDV6 MY13' - 2 weeks away!
RRS S/C MY10' - muchly loved and just gone
D3 TDV6 SE MY06' - loved and gone 

Post #6497620th Jun 2006 11:52 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Boofrmb wrote:
Hi drivesafe. Have u done the job yet, and have the console installed. Im waiting to find out if it will work on the Aust SE.

Rob

Hi Boofrmb, my wife had her D3 in for it’s first service last week and as I just haven’t had time to do the installation, I paid to have it done during the service.

Well worth the $55 for it to be done.

I haven’t had a chance to drive the D3 yet but my wife reckons it’s great so thanks again alinton for the info in the first place and Boofrmb, I’d go ahead with it, either by installing it yourself or do it the easy way like I did and have the dealer install it.

Cheers
Post #6499320th Jun 2006 12:57 pm
ugutur

Italy 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
help

My discovery 3 is an LS version with base radio cd 400.
I don't understand if with module XPD -500 installed, the cuise control wil work or not?
Thanks for reply Wink

Post #6726029th Jun 2006 10:55 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Drivesafe
Just spoke to dealer, first told will not work without rewiring, so i sent this post.
Now wants $250 odd for the module alone and went on about passwords they need to intall it.
They are getting back to me with a better price on install.
How much was the total bill?
i can't see how they can justify huge markup plus install.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #6956711th Jul 2006 1:51 am
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

caverD3 wrote:
Drivesafe
Just spoke to dealer, first told will not work without rewiring, so i sent this post.
Now wants $250 odd for the module alone and went on about passwords they need to intall it.

You need a different dealer, these guys are simply lying rather than tell you they don't know. Damm shame.

I paid $83 USD for my module.

Post #6957011th Jul 2006 2:45 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi caverD3, my price was similar to nwoods, $A120 for the module and $A55 for the installation and again, I’m with nwoods, it’s time you found another dealer. Being as you are in Sydney, you therefore have a few choices.

There seems to be an on going problem with a number of dealers. I had major problems with Austral in Brisbane with my one and only purchase from them of a D2.

I, through Land Rover Australia’s help after they could not get Austral to do their job, moved to Bruce Lyntons on the Gold Coast and the service has been nothing but fantastic and they have now sold me two more LRs.

If your dealers is not looking after you, they quite obviously don’t want your continuing customer ship, so take it elsewhere.

Cheers and best of luck.
Post #7072216th Jul 2006 6:04 am
caverD3

thanks drivesafe, if I can get the part for a good price i may be able to talk the install time down. should be half hour i would have thought.
with my dealer i get free loan car for all work (condition of sale) and free logbook services (part of fleet deal)so do not want to or need to change.
Checked trivett for price they were the same.
But where might i look for better price on the part?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7072616th Jul 2006 8:43 am
caverD3

price from Bruce Lynton is less than sydney but still more than you paid, still damned expensive.
email from them:
"hi Andrew
that parts price is $196.55 and is at the moment in stock.
regards
jenny
Scanned by the NetBox from Bruce Lynton BMW "

any ideas on cheaper supplier?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7079917th Jul 2006 4:11 am
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I can't remember the exact price, but was pretty close to £35 (AUD $87) from that nice Nick at a certain Yeovil Landrovery- place, when I enquired in May. It would be cheaper to get him to post the part to you (can't imagine it would cost more than $20 for such a light small part) - so landed cost to you would be about half what your dealer is quoting.

-and if they can't / won't post abroad, then I'd be happy to send one over to you (assuming I could still buy at that price!).
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #7080817th Jul 2006 8:38 am
caverD3

thanks kl
if i cant find a cheaper suplier here, i'll get one from the uk.
thanks for the offer but hopefully some uk relis' will be able to get one for me
cheers
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7081417th Jul 2006 9:01 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi caverD3, I was at Lyntons during the week and asked about the price of the radio buttons unit and was told that there had a big increase in the price of some of the Landy parts so I think it’s time for you to buy from overseas.

Cheers.
Post #7342827th Jul 2006 11:18 am
caverD3

thanks divesafe Smile
someone on forum from uk is gettting me one. hell of a lot cheaper. what is the reason (justification) for the increase?
the price here is nuts! Mad
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #7343227th Jul 2006 11:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 11 <123 4 ... 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >