Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Air Jacks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Wintonian

United Kingdom 
Air Jacks

I hope you don't mind me opening a new thread on this topic. I felt rather uncomfortable with the previous topic title of "Poxy Jacks" and I am sure you will understand my desire not to associate that description with my products! Sad

As Eric has pointed out, I have placed my comments as made in my email reply to him on our server. I have updated the page now to include photos of the demo given at Gaydon to Land Rover. The photos show a Range Rover Vogue being lifted by our ELH04 model. This has a massive lift capacity of 4 tonnes. That is to say it will lift a deadweight of 4 tonnes. It is frequently used to lift armoured versions of civilian 4x4s weighing 6 tonnes or so.

Land Rover preferred the extra lift capacity and height that it is capable of reaching. A further advantage is that for a relatively light vehicle the jack requires a very low pressure to inflate. We estimated that to lift the Range Rover it only required about 3 psig (0.2 Bar).

This weekend I shall be photographing our trials on Simon's Discovery 3. I shall upload them onto the same page as soon as they are done, and advise via this board.

Post #5341414th Apr 2006 11:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ken

Fantastic I would think there are one or two people watching this one

Simon thanks Bow down

Post #5342914th Apr 2006 1:51 pm
Wintonian

United Kingdom 
Photos Added

I have now updated the web page at www.air-jack.com/disco3.htm with photos of the trials.

David

Post #5345314th Apr 2006 6:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

This certainly looks like a great peice of kit 8) - what is the inflation time on a 4 ton unit??

Will there be any special rates for disco3.co.uk members??

BTW - Before you promote heavily here Wintonian you should perhaps think of contacting Martin the site owner out of courtesy - there are rules concerning product promotion on disco3.co.uk. Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5345714th Apr 2006 8:14 pm
Ken

Just one question from me how small does it pack up to ?

Post #5345814th Apr 2006 8:26 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Didn't time it but I'd say inflation time was about 45 seconds
Packs up fairly small, comes in a bigger than necessary bag so you can shove it in without worrying about folding it carefully if it's mucky after off-road use.
Yes, I did buy one Whistle I'll take a few photos of it packed up later so you can see how small it is deflated
 The End  
Post #5350015th Apr 2006 9:49 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Can you give us a demo at the meet Si?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #5350415th Apr 2006 10:12 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yep Very Happy
 The End  
Post #5350515th Apr 2006 10:22 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Excellent Very Happy
Post #5351015th Apr 2006 10:35 am
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Ok... I stand corrected, I guess... ;)

Now, you've done it and I want one ! Sad Wink

I have to discuss it with my "Finance Minister" : SWMBO... But I guess that this should be easy...

Any chance for a group discount ? Wink

And with the ELH04, you don't need to block the other exhaust ? Interesting... And useful when alone. Another point is the inflation time : 45s or so ? Sounds quite good !

Thank for that piece of information ! And thanks for taking time to educate me... Wink

Post #5351215th Apr 2006 10:44 am
Gurvan

And BTW...

Could someone post meaningful pictures of the folded product ? Wink

SWMBO is afraid of loosing too much boot space for the holidays... Very Happy

Post #5351315th Apr 2006 10:52 am
Wintonian

United Kingdom 
Promotion

Quote:
Dickgriff said:
BTW - Before you promote heavily here Wintonian you should perhaps think of contacting Martin the site owner out of courtesy - there are rules concerning product promotion on disco3.co.uk.

I quite agree with that sentiment. But I should point out that I have never had any intention of using this forum to promote my product. I was asked by a member on behalf of the forum to explain how the Air Jack works with your type of vehicle and have now done so. I have been careful to keep all detailed information on my own web server. I am not a large company, but run this company on my own as a small niche business. There are no economies of scale in my manufacturing set-up, so the unit costs of making 100 jacks is the same as for one.

By selling direct, I am able to keep my prices low. If I sold through the retail network, prices would be much higher.
And, besides, how am I ever going to be able to afford a nice new Land Rover? Crying or Very sad Until Simon brought his Disco along, I had never inspected one closely. I was very impressed with the huge difference between it and the Land Rovers of the past that I know so well. The quality is so much better than of old.

BTW, Gurvan: It is certainly still necessary to block one exhaust, otherwise no pressure is available at the other. It is incorrect to say that this has any effect on the exhaust system. I will not explain it here (I may add an explanation on a web page), but careful consideration of the exhaust design should show this to be true.

David

Post #5351615th Apr 2006 11:31 am
Gurvan

Re: Promotion

Wintonian wrote:
BTW, Gurvan: It is certainly still necessary to block one exhaust, otherwise no pressure is available at the other. It is incorrect to say that this has any effect on the exhaust system. I will not explain it here (I may add an explanation on a web page), but careful consideration of the exhaust design should show this to be true.

I trust you on this one... Wink

I never said that this would damage the system but simply that the pressure would lift the car slowly... Wink It seems that this is not the case and that the pressure is enough with only one exhaust in use to lift the car. That is where, I think, I stand corrected...

Just a ignorant question... Reading on your website, it seems that there is no pressure valve to prevent over-inflating. Why is that ? Too difficult to build ?? Also, just as ignorant, why don't you do a twin inflatable system so that, instead of blocking one exhaust and using the other one, we could use both of those ? (I guess that this would meant using an overpressure valve...)

PS : that picture of the packed product in its bag might be a plus... Wink Yeah, yeah, I know, I am nagging you there.. Very Happy

Post #5351715th Apr 2006 11:39 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Thanks Wintonian - You'll appreciate no doubt that this was purely freindly advice Very Happy - it's ultimately up to Martin to decide otherwise.

I fully understand yoour response in respect of group discounts etc - you have to make a living - but if you don't ask you don't get
Wink

It sure looks like a great product and I'm looking forward to a demonstration from Simon at our South East meet on 26th - who knows you may have a few more orders.
Post #5351915th Apr 2006 11:43 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Air Jack pics in my Gallery

Si
 The End  
Post #5354415th Apr 2006 3:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >