Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

What will my car have?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

mwestcrew wrote:
Trouble is if you don't give the car a good spanking on a regular basis (not a problem for
me Laughing ) the filter blocks and has to be taken through a forced cycle.......I think!!!!

Giving it a spanking is what causes the particulates and blockages. Drive time is the trigger for cleaning but only when light-footed or over-run, so the cleaning cycle is often aborted and restarted in the next drive which can lead to it never being cleaned leading to a trip to the dealers for a forced clean. It gets very hot duirng the clean cycle (the cat is operated to max temp by late fuel burning) so becomes a fire risk off-road.

PS. My D4 order w/o DPF was resubmitted as the original vehicle got built pre 17/8 with a DPF.

Post #53555516th Oct 2009 8:50 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Smarticus wrote:
A filter that adds weight, complexity, cost and reduces performance. Form an orderly queue to get one of those then .....

Steady - mwestcrew may find that one has been attached to his car for free...............

Post #53556116th Oct 2009 9:03 pm
elemental

Switzerland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Smarticus wrote:
Regarding rear seat aircon - my dealer insists it isn't on any UK spec cars and isn't an option either. I guess rear seat air will be available in some markets - but don't know for sure. Does anyone here have an HSE in a hot place (Middle East, Southern Europe, Aus etc) ?

It isn't at all hot in Switzerland but rear aircon is an option (ca. 800 quid) on both SE and HSE.
However, it has 'restricted availability' in that if you have a sunroof you can't have it in combo with the TV tuner and rear seat 'entertainment' I think, not sure, but something like that. As SWMBO wants a sunroof and I want the rear diff we can't have either the TV/screens or rear air (don't want them anyway). Rear air is also part of the European pack 4 (although this seems to vary between countries). HSEs on the continent have leather, convenience and winter packs, and navi standard that's about it. The cost of adding these to the SE is exactly the price difference between SE and HSE....
The HSEs I have seen so far (3) at dealers have the audio controls in the back.

Post #53556516th Oct 2009 9:05 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi
My local dealer HSE demonstrator has the rear audio controls but the model in the showroom (later build date?) doesn't - so far all requests to dealer to confirm whether mine (Build date 24/10) will have them is being met with - we are trying to find out Crying or Very sad Can anyone who has received factory order HSE in the last couple of days let me know if they had the controls and put me out of my misery please
Richard
Ps I also wanted rear a/c Big Cry

Post #53559216th Oct 2009 9:35 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I fear you will find some blanking panels. I think that there is some sport to be had with LR on this.........

Post #53563816th Oct 2009 10:06 pm
thriftwood

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Big Cry
I think you are probably right - not a happy bunny Evil or Very Mad
Does anyone know if it is just the panels that are removed (ie the wiring etc is all there) If so then I will ask the garage to swap the ones from their demonstrator - That way their demonstrator will be respresentative of what the customers will be getting and I'll be Very Happy
Richard

Post #53568716th Oct 2009 11:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >