Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

EXTENDED WARRANTY PACKAGES FOR SALE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

No ...I love opinions...in fact I'm just forming another one as we speak Thumbs Up Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #57981312th Jan 2010 6:18 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks DG for your comments.

MikeP. If you have a new Disco 3, drive it hard off road for the next 12 months at every opportunity, along with with extremely hard driving on the motorway, see how many items your LR warranty will cover. Manufacturer warranty's DO NOT Cover wear and tear and a lot of items will be listed as wear and tear items which won't be paid for by the dealer/manufacturer after sale and use of the car.

All insurance policies have fair use policies in the t&c's. Wear and tear is not a grey area on our policy, it is a grey area on EVERY policy.

Even warranty direct, on the policy documents, check and see what items are even covered with or without wear and tear and for the price they are selling it at... On the warranty wise products, most people opt out of the wear and tear option too as it is seen to be 'unnecessary for most users'.

Our products are not untested, the insurer and principle we work through have many years experience selling these warranties. Our offerings are not trying to be anything above/beyond that of any of the products on the market place, it is a comprehensive product with it's coverage of items, entering the market and being offered to members on here at a discounted rate (due to our sponsorship of the forum). We have used our principle's for other insurance products in the past including high value GAP insurance products, where we have had a 100% payout rate when our customers have had to claim.

If you have any genuine questions about the product feel free to contact me directly/to post on here. However it is as it is, we are not hiding anything and have disclosed the full details. At this moment in time this is all we have to offer on the warranty front. We have taken all the comments and feedback here and fed them back to our principles and asked for a comparable product to warranty direct/wise however the cost will be very similar to that quoted for their packages, plus customers will most likely be hit for excess payments.

Yes MikeyP for someone who has been a member for only 2 weeks, you have come on very strong, and to make comments about my company, when you have no experience of dealing with us or me personally, or have no basis for your judgement or reccomendations to the members on here (and the guests that may view your comments long term) i think it was a little out of line.

However this is a discussion forum and you are at your liberty to say what you want to say, however i don't think this will stand you in a very good light seing as though on the most part this is a very friendly and mutually respectful forum and we have enjoyed working for and with the members on here for many years now.

Post #57992112th Jan 2010 8:36 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

wilsonmg wrote:
kam100 wrote:
ELD:
I am obtaining other 4x4 case examples detailing successful claims and payouts which i will post asap.
In the mean time please review the PDF's already posted, and the prices are on our website: www.warrantyuk.co.uk

Kam, your website is down. . .what is the price for 'sliver' cover ?

Hmm.. have been on/off it all day, it has been working for us, and seems to be working right now?
It isn't that fast right now as the guys are still working on it..
Silver cover is same price, however it covers up to 10 years old and 100k mile cars...
Thumbs Up

Post #57994912th Jan 2010 9:05 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

On the Land Rover section the engines 2.2-3.0, the link to the PDF doesn't work, same on the 3.0-4.0

Smile
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #57995712th Jan 2010 9:11 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
Thanks DG for your comments.

Yes MikeyP for someone who has been a member for only 2 weeks, you have come on very strong, and to make comments about my company, when you have no experience of dealing with us or me personally, or have no basis for your judgement or reccomendations to the members on here (and the guests that may view your comments long term) i think it was a little out of line.

However this is a discussion forum and you are at your liberty to say what you want to say, however i don't think this will stand you in a very good light seing as though on the most part this is a very friendly and mutually respectful forum and we have enjoyed working for and with the members on here for many years now.

Kam - Yes I have been a member for only 2 weeks. As 2 weeks ago I signed for a new Disco 3. However, I have been lurking here for a while, and you are making a rather bold assumption that I have had no dealings with your company at all. You couldn't be so wrong ! I have had dealings with your company, and I have been aware of your company's products and services for quite some time.

Sorry if you don't like my comments, but this is after all, a discussion forum.

Oh, and LR will cover ancilliary items such as alternators, fan belt pulley bearings, starter motors if they fail within the warranty period / warranted mileage, regardless of whether the failure is wear and tear or not. But clearly they won't cover a worn clutch or tyres etc.

Post #58011912th Jan 2010 11:40 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Thanks Mike.

Obviously we haven't done business together in the past, and assume you had maybe made an enquiry with us.. but sorry we couldn't secure your business for whatever reason that may be.

Thanks for all your comments and taking your time to look at the products.
Enjoy your Discovery.. Thumbs Up

Post #58043513th Jan 2010 2:18 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

No problem. And for the record, I have nothing against MHC at all; just that partiular warranty product.

Post #58049613th Jan 2010 3:17 pm
01coccobet

Italy 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Hello KAM,

I'm Francesco,italian.

I'm enquiring insurrances for the italian D3 forum,because in italy they are very expansive.

I'd like to know if your extended warranty will work for us,meaning italian cars&owners.

cheers
 figuring it out!!!!
the best feeling:getting airborne. 

Post #6314263rd Apr 2010 9:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi thanks for your message.
Unfortunately not, these are only applicable within the UK.

Sorry can't help with this..

Post #63541913th Apr 2010 5:44 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

At present I have AA warranty which covers up to £95 per hr for the garage, I have made a claim in the past and they agreed for the one and only TFC to carry out the repair, he also carries out my service etc, would your warranty allow me to continue to use TFC's services ?, thanks Mark

Post #63554013th Apr 2010 8:59 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Hourly rate on our warranty is £60.
If TFC is VAT registered then yes you can use him for all repairs/remedial work..

Hope this helps. Thumbs Up

Post #63589714th Apr 2010 5:39 pm
discojerry

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Hi Kam

Can you give prices for warranty and road side assistance covering europe

Jerry

Post #6437131st May 2010 8:09 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi Jerry.
Replied on your PM, thanks for your enquiry.
Thumbs Up

Post #64716510th May 2010 3:52 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Website bugs now sorted out, should be a lot easier to use now.
Purchase online for the standard package.
About to release a new package level which will cover all wear and tear items and also a higher labour rate per hour. This is on par to warrantywise/direct but our charge out rate will be less per annum of cover.
For a quote, please email/call us and we can work out a car specific quote for you.
Thumbs Up

Post #6581088th Jun 2010 4:54 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

HI Cam
My Disco runs out 16this month 05 plate just tested 86000 on the clock can you give me a quote for a warranty We are with Tesco until it runs out
regard
regards
uncle ray
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #6581148th Jun 2010 5:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >