Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Iphone incoming calls not on car speakers.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Iphone incoming calls not on car speakers.

Ive started a new thread to save people reading the long old one, i wonder if people with the same problems can post there Iphone software and build versions so we can compare.

Smarticus wrote:
We have an Iphone 3G and often have no volume of incoming calls. Very annoying / weird and unhelpful so would welcome a "fix".

I have had the same problem in the few days ive had my car, the outgoing calls are perfect.
But the incoming calls are sent to the phone speakers and not the car speakers even when answerd by the cars buttons on wheel or navscreen.

I answerd the phone by the phone and it came out of the speakers of the car lol, its like back to front.

Its tipical when i thought of getting a D4 i looked on the LR site and my phones software was suported, it not seems that software from 3.1 onwards has a bluetooth problem with incoming caller id and im wondering if this has a knock on effect on the sound when answering it.

my phone has software version 3.1.2 and a build version 7D11
I there any way we can revert our Iphones back to software version 3 which seems tobe fully supported ?

Pete

http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/ownership...tivity.htm

Post #56758219th Dec 2009 8:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Pete

Download which version of the iphone software from here http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/22056.htm

save it somewere ..then go on i tunes ..dock your phone ..on the summary page ..hold down your shift button on your keypad and click on restore on the summary page . It will open a box ..locate the software you just downloaded . It will then restore that version
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #56759119th Dec 2009 8:21 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

i do seem to remembr seeing a bulletin recently from LR saying that iphones are now to be listed as not compatible with LR products

Not LR, it's Apple who keep changing the systems and i beleive it's the same on other marks of car also
i'll go and have a look and see if i can find the bulletin
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #56759919th Dec 2009 8:25 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

We have been notified by our Engineers that the iPhone 3GS is not Bluetooth
compatible with any major car manufacturer's systems. Our website has been
indicating this as a none recommended phone since 10MY.
Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, Lexus and Ford are Brands who also do not approve the 3GS phone.
The problem is around Bluetooth, as it is not an internationally defined protocol, and is therefore a
very loose specification. This is the reason why some phones and some software on some phones
works and some don't.
Until the telecommunications industry come up with a replacement for Bluetooth with a defined
International standard, the car companies will have to continue to test and approve or not approve
every new phone and its software.
We also need to be sensitive to software upgrades being made to none 3GS iPhones as this may
also provide issues with compatibility. Our website states that the only version of software which a
none 3GS iPhone will work is 7A341. This remains the current status. People with different versions
to this will experience problems
There is interestingly an Apple users chat line which has comments from a huge number of car
owners from all car Brands which indicates the nature of the problems being experienced.
If we get any further updates we will notify you of this, but in the meantime we have to tell customers
that their 3GS iPhone will not work consistently in any car.
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #56760319th Dec 2009 8:33 pm
bellautos

Thanks Wiggs and TLO

Ill give it a go Wiggs see if it helps.

TLO can you look for relevence to software version 3 and newer, it seems that version 3 is supported but newer 3.1 and 3.1.2 are not.

Pete

Post #56760419th Dec 2009 8:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

I had same problem - with V3.0.1...

Outgoing calls are fine, but inbound calls, answered from the touchscreen or from the steering wheel buttons sometimes stay in the phone rather than being handed off to the car.

Post #56768319th Dec 2009 10:59 pm
wiggs

7A341 is iphone software 3.0 ( thats the one Nick lists as being compatable )
Post #56768519th Dec 2009 11:02 pm
bellautos

My phone seems it does not want to restore back to 7A341 V3 Sad it keeps failing.
Ive got it going again with the latest version firmware im going to try going back a version at a time to see if it helps or go back even further to 2.2 odd and then upgrade to 3.

Thanks for the info Wiggs, i didnt even know that "Shift & Restore" was there in the Itunes software.

Ill keep playing and post my results.
I wonder if its possibile to restore my BT module to the D3/RRS software, the phone was ok in my RRS on the older type BT module software.
It would make sence for landrover to make a update on SSD which was actually a downgrade to the BT software to revert the modules back to 2009 spec which worked fine.

Pete

Post #56785720th Dec 2009 1:57 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

is it not possible to use a wired connection and forget bluetooth ?

Pom

Post #56786620th Dec 2009 2:43 pm
bellautos

That im not sure about Pom, im off out soon to visit the outlaws so ill give it a test with the cable connected.

Ive tryed every version of Iphone software with Itunes and the only one that will completely load to my phone is the latest version Sad
All the others get about half way into the process and fail as if it were not ment to be on there, may be there is something in the latest version that updates the phone but then stops the firmware being changed back to a older version.

Pete

Post #56787720th Dec 2009 3:45 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

It is not 100% possible to downgrade iphone software versions as some will upgrade RoM that you cannot downgrade.

As the 3gs sucks power like my disco sucks fuel when I enable Bluetooth and location services it would HAVE to be in a cradle anyway. A lr cradle would be better so can use full audio integration and steering wheel controls etc

In my van I use a belkin cradle that has a built in fm transmitter. Works great.

Pom

Post #56791220th Dec 2009 5:00 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

D4 only has Bluebeard, no wires or cribs.

Post #56792020th Dec 2009 5:18 pm
wiggs

Pete

To downgrade try putting your iphone in DFU mode ..very simple ..have a look here

http://www.blogsdna.com/3911/how-to-downgr...-30-os.htm
Post #56792520th Dec 2009 5:28 pm
bellautos

Ill give it a go Wiggs thanks.

I did plug the cable in on the outing today and got the wife to call me and it answerd how it should Smile
The only problem with that is it has to be either in the cubby box lid or hanging out on the cable and id prefet to have it in my pocket so when i get out of the car i dont forget it lol.

As said a nice docking station would be better than the cable that does not fit in the lid of the cubby box very well when attached to the phone.

Pete

Post #56810120th Dec 2009 10:30 pm
bellautos

F**k me wiggs, you know some handy web sites Smile

My phone is now back on version 3 Yipee, i had a few twitchy moments when i re connected to Itunes because it told me i could not use my older backup because the software on my phone was old and out of date.
So i clicked the new phone option and it kept all my contacts and apps etc etc.

Thanks again m8, ill finish updating the apps and stuff and give it a try on the car.

Pete

PS the iRecovery link was down so i found elsewhere on the net, if my phone works as it should ill upload the phones software and iRevocery on my server and make a link to the forum lads to share it.

Post #56813620th Dec 2009 11:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >