Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Any ideas on 2007 Model D3 TDV6 SE Specs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Husky

Australia 
Any ideas on 2007 Model D3 TDV6 SE Specs?

I realise this is a real long shot but has anybody heard of proposed changes to the 2007 model D3 TDV6? Pricing changes, spec changes etc. I know some of you guys have your ear to the ground all the time and just wondered.

The reason I ask is that there has been a major problem with our dealer and our vehicle may have to be re-ordered! At this rate it will get close to the 2007 model release which commences here with vehicles built from September 06.

If there was something worthwhile proposed for the 2007 model at this point it may be worth the couple of months extra wait time.

Post #621485th Jun 2006 11:43 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a look at this thread http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2745

I assume some of these updates will be on the D3 as well - such as the clock, updated sat nav, tailgate release etc.
 Matt  
Post #621506th Jun 2006 12:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sat Nav changes will be interesting. The current system has a few logic flaws built in, like the inability to survey a changed route before having to accept it.

I would bet it won't be an available upgrade to 06 and prior cars though Crying or Very sad

Post #621636th Jun 2006 8:02 am
Husky

Australia 

d3matt wrote:
Have a look at this thread http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2745

Thanks Matt........ interesting read. If the pricing change was similar that would mean over a $5,000 price rise here, probably an option I can do without:D

Post #624206th Jun 2006 10:29 pm
fredblondieau

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi Husky,

I just found this on the web:

"Land Rover Announces Product Changes

Details of product changes for the 2007 Discovery 3 / LR3 model have been announced by Land Rover. This will be a short production year, and more significant changes will follow in 2008.

Highlights of the 2007 production run changes include:

* emissions compliance for the North American market; the V6 and V8 petrol engines will become ULEV2 compliant with changes to the exhaust system, catalyst and emission sensing system

* the exterior paint colors will be modified with Stornoway Grey replacing Bonatti Grey, and the addition of Keswick Green to replace Belize Green

* various other enhancements including the addition of Noble plating to various cabin components; introduction of driver's seat electric power lumbar in the North American market; 3 flash turn indicator functionality; one touch passenger window functionality; two new 18" wheel styles; the introduction of a clock in the instrument panel; and electrical seat adjust functionality with key out for improved convenience."

http://www.roverparts.com/News/

fred

Post #6312112th Jun 2006 10:17 am
Husky

Australia 

Hi Fred,
firstly welcome to the forum Smile

Many thanks for the news, great pickup and much appreciated Very Happy

Paul

Post #6335113th Jun 2006 3:42 am
fredblondieau

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thank you Paul from the other side of the World! Very Happy

I was in fact searching for an info on why my Discovery was taking so long to arrive Confused (production delays it seems) She was expected end of May, and now the delivery date is postponed to end of June (well in fact I'd say they just don't know Crying or Very sad )

Fred

Post #6335313th Jun 2006 6:03 am
Husky

Australia 

You may be on the other side of the world but it sounds like we have your dealers twin here; seems they go home to sleep under the same mushroom Laughing Ours never knows whats going on Rolling Eyes

Post #6335613th Jun 2006 7:13 am
Jamo

Australia 

Mine was meant to come in three months, then it was 'another couple of weeks and it will be here'. Then, seven months later, it turner up and the dealer rang me and told me I had to collect it the next day! (I live 700km away from the dealer).

I think that they always knew when it would be arriving, they just didn't want to tell me for some reason.

They also told me that I had to pay in full before I collected the car as they weren't even going to register it until my money was in their account! I just rang my bank manager, who rang them up and explained the finer points of life to them.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #6337013th Jun 2006 9:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Husky

Australia 

Thanks for the extra feedback Jamo Smile

Our dealer has stuffed us around so many times now that I have sent a letter of complaint to Land Rover Australia. It is a very long story but it appears our dealer has lied to us and now after 6 months of waiting if Land Rover do not help us it will be the end of our dream of owning a new Disco 3 Crying or Very sad

Post #6352513th Jun 2006 11:50 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Husky,

'Maintain the rage'. The D3 is too good a car to pass up because the dealer is an oxygen thief.

ONe of the best things you can do is to go into the dealership on a busy day and start complaining at the top of your voice.

They tried to ell me that they didn't know when the car would be shipped, but cars can't get onto a ship without the VIN being recorded on the manifest. Every vehicle should be trackable from the moment the production line starts. This is 2006, not 1976!

Hassle Landrover Australia everyday without fail.

I understand that there may be other issues surrounding this, but if you've paid a deposit the contract states that they must deliver the goods within a certain time period or pay penalties!

Don't give up! Ownership of a D3 must not be a dream for you, it MUST become reality.

Remember 'Nil Barstardum Carborundum'. (Never let the b Censored ds get you down)
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #6353814th Jun 2006 1:53 am
Husky

Australia 

I might just take up the idea of visiting the dealer on a busy day Idea

Thanks for the positive view on not giving up Smile I have gone through so many stages over the last six months but have never given up. The letter of complaint alone took one full day to document! A covering letter and a three page timeline summary of how we have been treated is now in the hands of Land Rover Australia.

I must admit after my wife and I sat down and discussed it last week we came to the following conclusion; no matter how good the vehicle is if the manufacturer does not support us when their dealer representative has lied to us and misled us then we don't want to give that company our money.

It has turned into a matter of principle, in the letter of complaint we have explained that fact. Even if it is deemed we don't have to pay the additional money the dealer is trying to extort from us we are going to donate it to a children's charity. Should make it crystal clear we are not doing it for the money Exclamation I just refuse to let the arrogant dealership manager profit from his apparent lie Mad

Sorry for the rant Smile

Post #6354014th Jun 2006 2:30 am
Tony

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

A sad but not uncommon story that applies to some LR dealers not only in Oz, but world-wide. The smell of Leyland lingers on in Australia and I don't think old Henry has got the system cleaned out yet.

The pathetic market share gained by what is the best 4x4 available is directly related to the dealer and distribution networks' shortcomings. Anyone who has considered buying a Toyota for instance can compare the experiences - Toyota will SELL you a vehicle and make it an enjoyable event; LR will eventually allow you to BUY one, but only after you have proven your ability to withstand frustration and torment.

Having said that, the dealer from whom I purchased has been exemplary so far, after a terrible start which almost lost him the sale.

Good luck with your approach to LA Australia.
 Ex Defender 110 200Tdi owner.  
Post #6354114th Jun 2006 3:07 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My 2 cents worth.

There are far too many instances of poor customer service with car dealers but there are also many posistive ones and it has a lot to do with who you deal with in the dealership.

I have had the fortunate experience to deal with enthusiastic sales people who are knowledgeable about the product they were selling. This might be an exception to the rule but it does highlight that a dealership will be let down by individuals who are not customer friendly.

I have been lucky with most of my car purchases including the purchase of my D3. I would go as far as recommending my dealer to others but only for them to deal with who I dealt with.

So there are probably good sales people in bad dealerships - you just got to be lucky enough to find them. They do exist.

Chris.
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #6354414th Jun 2006 6:19 am
Jamo

Australia 

I agree Chris, but sometimes the problems can be in management rather than the salesperson.

My salesman was very very good, but the problem lay with the Sales Manager (who mostly acted in a condescending manner until my bank manager spoke to him, after which he acted in a nervous manner).

I'd also point out, as I have before, that the parts guy that I deal with is outstanding. But the service personell leave a lot to be desired. To what extent they are being 'directed', I don't know'; but in my case where they failed to even plug the coolant sensor in to the tank and then failed to notcie - which means they did not check the vehicle to see if all was functioning ok after undertaking work on it is, is unforgiveable.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #6354514th Jun 2006 6:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >