DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

HIDS4U HID Conversion Kit Anti Glare - STOP HID Glare
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
HIDS4U HID Conversion Kit Anti Glare - STOP HID Glare

Hi All
I am going to launch an anti HID Conversion campaign that trys to show the dangers of buying and installing a cheap HID kit with bad bulbs into a normal reflector headlight.

I was one of the first people to sell HID Conversion kits in the UK and the only one that actually understands how they worked and developed specific soltuions to overcome glare, bulb alarms and other canbus issues.

I have to say it drives me crazy when I see a badly fitted kit or poor quality kit coming towards me and blinding me and I want to do all I can to address this. Its not about selling more kits I really am frustrated by other sellers and worse the manufacturers that dont understand how the glare is caused and how to fix it and worse still they dont care.

On our site we made it hard for people to buy none anti glare bulbs for cars without projectors and i would like to freshen up our photo gallery and products page with more cars with the antiglare bulbs installed so people can see the reasons behind this with good examples

All my land rovers have had Xenons so i dont have one to convert so i am looking for a D3 owner with halogens to convert to HID with the H7 Anti-glare bulbs. These bulbs are designed by me and made only for me by a manufacturer in Korea and they are not comparable with the so cold anti glare H7R bulbs that are sold for a few pounds on ebay. If truth be know i actually am the reason why the term H7R came out and I tried for a few years to get the Chinese manufacturers to make real antiglare bulbs but the ones they make dont stop any glare at all. The coatings they added are like the D2R bulb which is made to go into a Xenon Reflector headlamp that has built in shield - so only partially covers the bulb. The H7R bulbs I had made have a much more extensive coating and hence no glare just like the OEM HID reflector headlights like in the picture below:

Click image to enlarge

My offer is one of these kits http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7-35w-slim-proplu...n-kit.html which is normally 120 pounds for 79.99 plus pp. All I ask are a few pictures of the install - before and after

The Discovery 3 is a good example of a car that needs the H7R Anti Glare bulbs - otherwise it will look like this

Click image to enlarge

Can you email or PM if your interested and if you can spread the message around

Thanks

Ian

Post #65210123rd May 2010 3:02 pm
hids4u

No takers?

Post #65403927th May 2010 11:18 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Maybe we've all bought bi-xenon lights now? Can it be done on my MGF though?
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #65405027th May 2010 11:44 pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 

How about H4 versions, for my Warn HB210 Spots???
 Regards,
Mick

- 2014 SDV8 Autobiography
- 'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie'
- 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #65435628th May 2010 7:12 pm
hids4u

Hi Spooky
sorry for late reply
Yep H4 available also http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h4-35w-proplus-bi-...n-kit.html

the code disco315 will help Smile

regards
ian

Post #6566034th Jun 2010 2:31 pm
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Hi, did you manage to find anybody to do it? If not I will take you up on the offer, I have a disco 3 and I need a H7R kit amongst other things... Please let me know.
Thanks
Dan

Post #66421824th Jun 2010 11:08 am
hids4u

Hi Dan
Thanks for your offer
I had a taker but waiting for decent picks
Happy to extend offer to you. If you want to PM me with what you would like i will set up links
thanks
ian

Post #66483925th Jun 2010 5:28 pm
mirror88

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Ian,
Hi, apologies for the late reply. By a stroke of sheer luck I now have myself a pair of original xenon lamps o am ok thanks but thank you for the offer, much appreciated. Dan

Post #6682535th Jul 2010 8:15 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

Took delivery of my kit today, top quality, very nicely made indeed. Easy to fit too and looks like a 'factory' install.

I know I no longer own a D3 but wanted to support the site sponsor as he was very helpful indeed!

Will post pics and a proper review once it gets dark!!
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #67237215th Jul 2010 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

It is not legal to fit any hid bulb to a standard reflector though ?. Whilst I applaud you for wanting to stop bad one's, the reality is the lenses aren't made for conversion and lack the certification.

I am only referring to low beam and high beam lights, not auxilary.

Post #67238815th Jul 2010 6:06 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Don't want to spark a great debate but I can't see why these would not be anything but legal? They have come on a long way since the old kits, the bulbs are the exact shape and size of the H4 halogen bulbs so sit at the same angle and emit light in the same direction. I heard about kits a while back where you had to drill a new hole in the back of the lamp to fit the HID module, this was clearly never going to give a correct beam pattern.

Anyway, I am happy, they seem very well made, fit easily and look as much like O.E. as I would expect.

Thumbs Up
Post #67241915th Jul 2010 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I don't want to spark an argument, but the type approval means they are not legal.Lenses for halogen lights have type approval for that and not gas discharge.

Post #67242115th Jul 2010 7:10 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

But doesn't 'type approval' only apply to new cars and thus the manufacturers? Once you take delivery I wouldn't have thought any of that really counted. As long as the lights form the corrrect beam pattern (which these do against the garage door) I doubt anyone will ever have any cause to take issue with me for fitting them.
Post #67245015th Jul 2010 7:48 pm
hids4u

countrywide wrote:
I don't want to spark an argument, but the type approval means they are not legal.Lenses for halogen lights have type approval for that and not gas discharge.

There are many camps and arguments - mine is one of trying improve driving conditions for road users. Its a crime in my opinion that a technology that can save lives and has been around since late 80s is not yet standard on all cars. worse still some cars have such bad halogen headlights they are dangerous full stop - and have a type approval means nothing.

Headlight washers do nothing to prevent glare, self levelling fails and i am often glared out by OEM xenons on Audis and BMWs.

R
Ian

Post #67250015th Jul 2010 9:01 pm
Ken

LED Headlamps are the way foward Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Post #67257816th Jul 2010 6:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >