England 

Ah, you're on commission Laughing

Also found Beadles good in the past Thumbs Up
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #37733022nd Nov 2008 11:31 am
XX03

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately no commission Stu but it would be nice if they could do a bit of discount for the forum members.
 Formerly Blakey  
Post #37733422nd Nov 2008 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

Make you right, there Thumbs Up Funnily enough, I got let down by Harwoods and Beadles did the job with no fuss.

Customer service didn't seem as friendly as you mention but they were very busy, and perhaps I don't seem as 'approachable' as some Whistle
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #37733522nd Nov 2008 11:48 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Beadles posts merged Rolling Eyes
 The End  
Post #37741322nd Nov 2008 6:17 pm
stevemac

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Bought my D3 from Beadles at Sidcup a year ago next week; The sales service was good (Tony) and the car has been a dream. Every driving minute minute has been total permagrin, no issues at any time whatsoever. Short trips to Brighton & Manchester (daughters at uni) and longer trips on holidays (Alps, Pyrenees) are total pleasure.

Dennis just had his first service a week ago. A reasonable price, freelancer loaner for the day (only thing wrong was the colour - a silver blue) and pleasant efficient welcome from the service staff.

Saw a new (prereg?) HSE D£ (black plastic wheel arches, not the new colour co-ordinated ones) up for £36k. Makes you think ....... time for an upgrade ????
 D3 HSE MY09, auto, Santorini Black, Black leather, Black windows ... black IS the colour ...
Golf Mk6 GT TSi, Red - supercharger and turbo - the pocket rocket!
Gone but not forgotten:-
D3 XS MY08, manual, Java Black, black leather
1999 TD5 XS auto Oxford blue
1994 300Tdi auto Niagra grey

Life is a voyage of Discovery ... now where did I put the map and compass! 

Post #37752522nd Nov 2008 11:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
quantumjohn

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Recently had my 105K mile service done by Beadles. Initial contact with them was good and they gave a reasonable price for the service.
However, the utter rubbish spoken by the service receptionists from that point was amazing.
1st when I handed the car in I was told that the rear belt (all camblets and ancillary belts) that runs the pump is not normally covered in the 105K mile service and therefore I had not been quoted for it. The maintenance sheets state it is.
I called them before I left to pick the car up. Got a call back after the time I should have picked up the car to be told they would need it another day (not a problem) and that they would cover the cost of the rear belt and they would be having words with LR about it not being part of the man hours quoted for a 105K mile service. Confused

2nd I had supplied all my own parts (bought from TLO at Yeovil) and oil. When I picked the vehicle up I asked if they was any left over engine as I had supplied 6 litres. No there wasn’t and they had used some of their own to top it up but I had not been charged for it. I asked how much oil does it take and they correctly replied between 5.5 and 6 litres! So how comes they had needed to add their own? Confused
I am yet to check if they have managed to over fill it.

Unfortunately the vehicle then broke down 1 mile after driving away. (see Technical forum)

Generally the standard of work looks to have been good and I was pleased that they had the old parts available for me to see. However, it made me realise how much I hate not talking to the person that actually works on the car.

John

Post #3996219th Jan 2009 7:29 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by yaugher on 9th Jan 2009 10:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3997699th Jan 2009 10:40 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 

I contacted beadles when I first decided to get a D3...They were not much help just wanted to sell me what they had in stock ...didnt want to locate the exact model and colour I wanted..

This was 18 months ago now so maybe their sales team have been replaced?

Post #3997719th Jan 2009 10:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >