Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Amplifier Removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
nobbyclark

Cheers BBSS for chapter and verse.

Interesting point about the sub (as that is what is causing me grief) being passive, as I thought the Logic 7 system had an active sub.

Quote:
You have to move 4 pins in the green connector. 4 and 5 move to locations 3 and 4 and 13 and 14 move to 11 and 12

As you can see from the picture of my block, pin 4 is empty.

Also, I thought the sub was fed from pins 15 & 16 on either the High Line or Logic 7 amps. But looking at the picture I posted earlier, it implies that pins 7 & 8 have a part to play. However, since these all appear to be connected, I am still not sure why the sub is not working.

Think I will take it to my local indie in Dunkeld to see if he can shed any light on this.

Thanks very much for all your helpful responses.
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #69581522nd Sep 2010 2:02 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

No worries NC, i had a bit of time and a bottle of the local plonk to get through anyhow Thumbs Up

That might account for the mis numbering, as it obviously should be 5 and 6 that moves to 3 and 4. Rolling Eyes

In any event its all in my bit of documentation, as well as where to add the extra speaker pairs.

Certainly the Sub Woofer wires are definately the same for both and on a D3 and Sport the Sub woofer is Passive.

Interestingly though, this same Logic 7 Amp, although flashed differently, is used on L322 (FFRR) and i have just finished re working / up speccing a Hi line Loom for that to suit Logic 7.
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/IUI/logic7.htm

In this implimentation it does feed an Active sub woofer with a built in Amp.
Although my Sub Woofer Amp is not very well and needs a bit of TLC
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/IUI/woofer.htm

Actually i do have a spare Hi Line Amp for a D3 if you want to do a swap with your Logic 7 one Thumbs Up

Post #69590522nd Sep 2010 6:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

This is what you want Thumbs Up

Post #9049224th Mar 2012 2:10 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

As you might see from the post dates B16 KJR this is a bit of an old thread now.

However as it ended so abruptly with,
Quote:
Actually i do have a spare Hi Line Amp for a D3 if you want to do a swap with your Logic 7 one Thumbs Up

I Guess it would be nice to let members / readers of it know that the offer or the swap i made was taken up and did indeed happen, resulting in the problem being solved Thumbs Up

Post #9049794th Mar 2012 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Quote:
As you might see from the post dates B16 KJR this is a bit of an old thread now.

Hi Colin, I only replied to this thread to point Les40 and henry-john towards your excellent guide about fitting the Logic 7 amp. Les40 posted another thread about fitting D pillar speakers but he could not find any of your posts about what was involved. I replied, in order to put the thread at the top of the page under "new posts" because I could not figure out how to reply and direct them with a clicky link. Just figured out how to do it now though Thumbs Up

Post #9050024th Mar 2012 4:57 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

No worries B16 KJR Thumbs Up

IIRC the physical difference between the Hi line, 6 and Logic 7, 12 (50 Watts per channel) amps basically boils down to adding an additional pair of wires (50 watt Channels) to each of the front doors that will then power the Logic 7 Bass speakers and leave the existing ones for the Mid and tweeter. As opposed to having a single 50 Watt channel cover all 3. Then two to feed the additional D Pillar speakers and one for the Dash center speaker, leaving one unused.

Is / was it worth it ???
I recall the feeling i had when i changed my grotty old tacky steering wheel for a smooth Nappa Leather one.
I simply could not stop myself from stroking it and it made the whole vehicle feel so brand new.

That's just how it was with the audio system after getting the Logic 7 system installed.
Even the oldest tracks i played felt and sounded totally brand new.

Post #9050144th Mar 2012 5:33 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I fancied fitting the D pillar speakers until you described the work involved Shocked Bit too much for me, so decided to give it a miss. Sad

Post #9050834th Mar 2012 7:56 pm
jimmernet

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

mik wrote:
nobbyclark wrote:

And there is a muted sound coming from what sounds like 2 subs in the tailgate. But not the chest-pounding bass that I used to have.

I have checked the sub setting on the stereo's menu and it is set where it always was, about 3/4 of the way to the right; adjusting it makes no difference.

It's a single passive sub in the lower tailgate.

From my previous searches, this behaviour would appear to be normal I'm afraid - if you sit on the tailgate and up the stereo sub setting, you definately feel an increase in output (your wife might like to do that bit Laughing ) but this doesn't translate to your (or my) ears when you are sat in the front.

May be worth a different thread, but would be interesting to see whether anyone has found a solution, or fitted a more powerful sub? Confused

I've got exactly the same issue - I actually pulled out the sub, cos I though it was bust - the subwoofer volume had no effect whatsoever. Anyway the sub checked out ok and there are feint rumblings coming out of it, but it's still sooo quiet. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Post #161591625th Feb 2016 1:00 pm
nobbyclark

Hi,
Not heard from D3 for a while. Had a Cayenne and a FFRR since I got rid of it 4 years ago!

Anyway, it was resolved by replacing the amp, which had somehow fried itself. Managed to get a cheap one on eBay at the time and fitted it myself, which was relatively straightforward.
Post #161596825th Feb 2016 2:09 pm
jimmernet

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Cool, thanks for getting back... So when you replaced the amp, I take it the sub volumes were much closer to what you would expect... I have trawled the forums and there are loads of people who observe the same thing, and dismiss is as just how things are on the logic 7. From what you found it would seem that there are a lot of dud amps out there!

Whistle

cheers

Post #161597425th Feb 2016 2:17 pm
nobbyclark

My D3 had many faults but I was always pleased with the sound setup. The bass was particularly good. Once I replaced the amp, it was back to its chest-pounding best.
Post #161600025th Feb 2016 3:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >