Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

How Many Faults before LR Offered a Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jamo

Australia 

Cat, I don't really think what your saying is fair either.

Dave can only relate to others from his personal experience, which in this case is very poor support from either LR or it's dealer.

If someone chooses to take Dave's and only Dave's opinion on LR and buy another product, then that's their choice. At the end of the day we must all be responsible for our own decisions.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #830276th Sep 2006 9:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

This is a sad state of affairs GM ....was there any further reasoning in their refusal....surely they must substantiate their view
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #830286th Sep 2006 9:12 am
catweasel

Jamo what I said was totally fair and honest, its the 'I won't be buying another one, ever. Nor will anyone I know, or ever speak to' I was refering to. as I said if he relates (to use your words) to others his experience,fine, but to take a Have your say blog type approach is something I'm against. it could be heat of the moment stuff, I don't know but I've said my peice and thats it. I hope GM gets all fixed up, its a shame this has gone on for so long.

Post #830376th Sep 2006 9:31 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

catweasel
I didn't red it as that, I don't think that is what he is saying. If you end up with a lemon it is realy frustrating. All anyone wants is what they paid for. Most of us will put up with a certain amount of hassle with repairs, beyond that ......
Lets hope LR come to the party.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #830416th Sep 2006 9:57 am
catweasel

Glymmer_Man wrote:
From someone who has always dreamt of owning Land Rovers, with this kind of 'Customer Care' I won't be buying another one, ever.

Nor will anyone I know, or ever speak to, as I will be sure to let them know exactly what their customers mean to them! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
this says to me that GM feels hard done by with regards to LRCC (and he has, this is NOT in dispute) and that he won't be buying another (which is also fair comment) but then to state that every man and his dog will not once he has spoken to them is wrong IMO. yes caver you do get lemons and you do want what you pay for (that's obvious) but as already stated (twice) the notion of discouraging people is obscene. if he tells his story thats absolutely ok but to suggest that people he speaks won't buy one says to me it might be a bit more than that. you also get crap dealerships and employees too. in a nutshell all I was saying is tell your story, dont go telling furphies.  
Post #830636th Sep 2006 10:27 am
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Content Deleted
 Dave

Disco Dreaming 

Last edited by Glymmer_Man on 31st Oct 2006 12:43 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #832816th Sep 2006 10:34 pm
catweasel

GM, no animosity was intended, I was hoping you didn't go down the path of others who have bad experiences and just bag the brand and although it is ultimately your decision as to what you buy, we are influenced by the experience of others more so than the marketing hype. I really feel for you and think it may be time to take some external action or at least tell your dealer he's got one more chance before you seek alternate measures. you've suffered enough and it should be sorted by now. good luck

Post #833197th Sep 2006 8:18 am
Jamo

Australia 

catweasel wrote:
we are influenced by the experience of others

Speak for yourself! (although i will concede that many lesser mortals are indeed influenced by peer groups)

I have always been influenced by myself (and alcohol and girls). In fact, I copped a load of flack both before and after purchase for not buying a Toymota or a Missin (i'm in the country don't forget... "squeal like a pig, boy!").

Ever since Harry Butler autographed two of his books for me, I've wanted a landie!

Don't stop, Dave, until you've got yourself a functioning car (well, as functioning as a landie can be Wink ). It is everyones god given right to experience the bliss of driving a Landrover.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #833647th Sep 2006 10:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

so you bought a D3 because someone signed a book, so in essence didn't Mr Butler influence you. Wink

Post #833717th Sep 2006 10:46 am
norto

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

GM
hang in there mate
keep hasseling them till they get it all sorted
it will be worth it in the long run
well miss you on the forum if you give up on landrovers

Post #836368th Sep 2006 4:56 am
Jamo

Australia 

Ah, but Mr Butler didn't talk about his landie at all. He just jumped on small animals, scratched their bellies, then let them go.

I simply saw the landie that he drove and wanted one, because, as a kid, I reasoned that that would make me the same as him.

When it came to purchase I did extensive research of my own. I daresay that when you look at the very broad picture, I was influenced by others - not necessarily opinions, but the facts that they relayed. If you read any of the articles in the various Australian 4WD magazines, and relied on their opinions, then you'd never buy a D3. Even though they awarded it 4WD of the Year, they still qualify everything with 'reliability will be an issue, though'. I look at the facts, drive the products and make my own decision.

Relying on the 'opinions' of others is full of danger. Assemble the facts, decide how they best suit your needs, and form your own opinions. And never assume, it makes an 'ASS" out of 'U' and 'ME'.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #836398th Sep 2006 6:24 am
catweasel

Jamo wrote:
Relying on the 'opinions' of others is full of danger. Assemble the facts, decide how they best suit your needs, and form your own opinions. And never assume, it makes an 'ASS" out of 'U' and 'ME'.
we are all influenced by others, wether it be our parents or others and it was those 4x4 mags that helped me to buy one Shocked . I agree that you pick and choose the facts with the bull, it was just an observation. just came back from the Flinders and was speaking to a cocky about 4x4's and he had loads of trouble with a Toyata ute, a knocking noise which was a manufacturing fault and he prefers Nissan's for relibility, which is understandable for his needs and on that conversation many would be wary of Toyota's. I could go on here but it's not helping GM with his issue and we are getting a bit (or a lot) Off Topic so that is all I'll say on the matter and stick by my original post Very Happy  
Post #8419610th Sep 2006 1:11 pm
tlt

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3
Shoot the Messenger

Hello People;
I understand the issues you are having. I've got a few thoughts for you, and will ask you to re-consider your valuation. I guess ultimately, the consumer does make the decision on the success of a company by choosing to spend your money there or not.

I believe that you have had a fair amount of trouble, I would be particularly interested in what your actual problems were, rather than what parts they replaced.

I feel that it is the Dealer that should be responsible, if you ended up with a Lemon, and it's their job to work it out with Land Rover. I suppose that assuming they have let it drag on this long, I would hesitate if I was Land Rover to replace the Car as well.

I might suggest, some negotiation directly with Land Rover, have you gone to Corporate Headquarters and talked to someone who can actually make a decision?

I am also on my First LR, and while it's had it's share of shop time, not for anything major. It's a petrol version, I think the TBD have more issues. I am still happy with my choice despite any issues I have had, ie: slow service, etc. These are people issues, business issues. It is not the cars fault.

Overall, while it is a shame, I think if you had the same problems with any other car, dealer, or company you would be in the same situation. This is simply the unfortunate state of affairs in the times we seem to be living. I am quite sure, that while it is no consolation to you, that you will find 10x more issues with other cars by simply searching the internet.

I would say, in ending, that I would encourage you to bitcX until you get what you want, and I believe, that LR corporate level will want to know what your issues are, while from the dealer to the regional rep just want you to go away. Hang in there, and post your specific issues and problems, and I will bet you, that people will be happy (other owners) and other employees of dealers and LR, will try and help you the best they can here.

So if anyone here, knows someone at corporate with the ability and balls to get something done, why don't you post a private message to this bloke so he can contact them and get a decent new LR. I think it is the least they can do, and LR can simply cycle the car into their LR experience schools, everyone wins...

t

Post #8456611th Sep 2006 5:18 pm
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Content Deleted
 Dave

Disco Dreaming 

Last edited by Glymmer_Man on 31st Oct 2006 12:44 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #8612017th Sep 2006 11:16 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Good luck Dave! Hang in there!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #8612418th Sep 2006 12:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >