Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Max HP 2.7TD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
D4JWW

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What's a hybrid turbo? Geoff is one of the brave who experienced the almost 300bhp Ent beast, ask him, I have only see the White machine!! Thumbs Up
 A few mods... and keeping it all running...Faultmate MSV2
MY09EGR's blanked Thanks Bellautos, BAS 

Post #79487310th May 2011 7:43 am
lad

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I was one of the brave who had travelled in and along side the beast! Thumbs Up Nice Very Happy K

Post #79522810th May 2011 11:26 pm
Dan_NL

I've just had my engine remapped. Not with the site sponsors, but with a local NL-company.'Censored' I didn't want to fiddle myself, and hey ; at €225,- have the work done, be able to undo it and get 'cash-back' within 30 days [ 'no questions asked' , but I guess they would like to know if...]. Also, for younger cars : 50k guarantee '8)' I wanted pure economy without having a sluggish car. 'Rabbit'
They explained thoroughly what they do. They copy the excisting mapping and then adapt it with a software package. Not "+20% everything" what will create havock with your injectors and loads of other problems, but a manicured adaption, which is also invisible for the LR systems... The result : it's about 8% more economical when driven locally. Also if I drive 140kmp now, consumption is the same as when driving 130kmph before. Strange enough not much improvement around 90-120 kmph in consumption, but a noticeable difference in 'push' when the pedal is touched. Throughout the revs power is more fluent. Before there was a range at 90-110kmph were the 'surge' was noticably more ready as it is now. I think that is because torque went up by 60nm and that suffices for a more steady power delivery. I wonder how long my 'savings' will live... Driving is much more inviting and tempst me to booting it, something I thought to have grown out of many years ago [touching 50's soon..]. 'Twisted Evil' The biggest difference is city cycle. It changes gear more rapidly and you end up driving in very low revs. The car is more silent and since about 50% is urban driving I save about 8-10% in fuel in town... But on how far you can push it ; I guess there is a balance to be found between shear power and lifespan. If you don't care about needing to replace the engine and/or drivetrain, the limit is the torque at which your bearings squeeze out of their seats, or your cylinderhead bolts pop out... 'Big Cry' If you don't want to threaten the lifespan : stay below 230BHP and 500-ish nM... 'Thumbs Up'

Last edited by Dan_NL on 11th May 2011 1:00 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #79524911th May 2011 12:27 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Wildrover wrote:
Ent if you are around what power did you get from the various mods to achieve the 300 BHP.

Never put it on a Dyno but it went pretty well with the Alisport fast road I/C, blanked EGR's and a very very custom written map. Never put the hybrid turbo on the D3 but I know it did end up on a TDV6 with some impressive results. It cost me £675 to have the turbo modded as the company in question had to make a special jig for the D3 turbo. I'm not sure if I can name the company that did the work for me, I'll wait for a moderator to give me the nod. The turbo had a bigger thrust bearing fitted, larger compressor, bored out inlet and outlet to allow higher flow and other tweaks.
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #79525111th May 2011 12:51 am
jamieg7762

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Ent, Hope you can name the company as I am going down that route and would to speak to another company to compare what they offer to the two I already have.

Thumbs Up
 d4 HSE in Corris Grey with Black options pack
D3 with the following
Alive Tuning EGR blanking kit
Alive Tuning Re-map
Alive Atrics console
Samco intercooler hoses (from Alive Tuning)
Alive Tuning De-Cat pipe, lovely tone!
Retrofit OEM Hybrid TV tuner 

Post #79532211th May 2011 10:01 am
DannyUbertek

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Pm details permissible?

Dan
 Spent tooo much club: Air compresser, parking ecu,D4 front D4 rear, tow bar, D4 arches, stormers 20" with General grabbers, new engine, new turbo, new front lower arms, new rear upper arms, new track rod ends, new anti roll bar bushes, Bas remap 2nd stage, K&N filter, clear indicators, door handle covers, nav update, wheel protector, new winch for spare wheel, 20" stormer spare, new plastic tube on top of engine, new fuel flap assembly, new mats, sill protectors,  
Post #79562411th May 2011 11:06 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If you can get 300bhp out of a VAG 1.9 TD, im sure you could see 300bhp out of a 2.7 D3...

Wouldnt be cheap though, looking at hybrid turbos, uprated injector nozzles, propane/methanol/water injection etc, but reckon its easily achievable
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #79566212th May 2011 6:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >