Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Replacing Head Unit on a HSE (with aftermarket)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
s_ghost

Luxembourg 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Replacing Head Unit on a HSE (with aftermarket)

Hello, my head unit CD-165 doesn't work anymore, stuck in Phone Mode. Reading every post and finally i had to replace it. At the moment i had the Harman Kardon System (not Logic 7) and my intention is to keep the original SAT/NAV (cause i like it). Only need an aftermarket solution instead of the original, much more simple for the ipod, iphone, USB, bluetooth and so on .... At the moment there is no head unit installed had removed it but the navigation doesn't work. A few questions:
1. Which interface i have to use for the integration of the aftermarket solution ?
2. Can the original SAT/NAV still be used ?
3. How to make the SAT/NAV work and can the different menus be used ?

Many thanks for any help, trying about a few hours reading all the related posts without success !

Post #82056226th Jul 2011 12:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

s_ghost

Without the head unit your OEM sat nav will not work, the IHU is the brains of the system and you need this for the system to work. When you took out the head unit you would have disconnected the orange MOST cables from the unit and doing this means the head unit does not talk to the rest of the system.

Your best option IMHO is to get a new head unit from a scrap yard, there was one for sale on the board, and I am sure somebody else has removed there head unit on here.
try a post in the wanted section or its a case of tracking one down from a donar car.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #82056426th Jul 2011 12:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
s_ghost

Luxembourg 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks Flack. Laughing

That is a clear answer, now i know where i stand. Not really that what i wanna hear ... Big Cry

So if i want to replace the original head unit with aftermarket i loose the original SAT/NAV.
If so, is there an interface that is needed for the connection with the amplifier ?
I know, questions Question , questions Question .....

Oh and i have already a head unit, it is model CD-565, but it seems that this unit isn't compatible with my car, cause when connected the results are, error code from the car & the car cannot be started. So if anybody needs a head unit model CD-565 ......

(In the first post, it is the CD-465 unit and not 165 !)

Post #82057126th Jul 2011 2:34 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

s_ghost

Check this post out below it has some after market options that all connect to the disco through a dedicated loom.
But your problem is that the car has been told by the CCF file that a IHU is fitted and what model is also fitted so this will cause some errors.
I still think your best option is to get a second hand 6 cd head unit.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic58075.html?highlight=sat+nav

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #82057226th Jul 2011 3:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >