Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Failed main bearing / crankshaft
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
cupraspark

United Kingdom 

Glad to hear your engine is running Smile Smile my jaguar bigends/mains have gone. I put my car on ramps whilst sorting out the Dpf. i left it standing for about two weeks and i then started it, oil light went out in about a second or two and ran it up to full temp then left it for a few days and started it only for it ever so slightly tap. It sounded like top end but it wasn't. i removed the sump only to find metal in the bottom along with the remains of a bearing.. Shocked Sad Sad
I found that there was small hole on the nut on the plastic oil filter cover Shocked this was seaping oil when the engine was hot.. could this of been a factor?
I could not beleive that you can not get main/bigend bearings from jaguar Censored Censored Big Cry Big Cry
I'm sure that it must be possible to get the bearings made but i,m not sure how much it would cost Idea
I,m hoping that i have some luck as i bought an engine today for £125 Shocked one piston is slightly melted caused by an injector fault. The garage assured me that there was no knocks or rattles with the engine apart from a slight misfire.
I,m hoping that i can use the crank/bearings for my engine Very Happy but i want to measure everything and try to get bearing made Wink
All the best Marc Very Happy
I wish that i had bought a 4l insted of the diesel Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

Post #10139644th Dec 2012 9:28 pm
cupraspark

United Kingdom 

Stripped the engine today only to find 3 main bearings worn and bigends have a wear patten inline with the conrod showing copper. You can never trust anyone. Lying F*****
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #10145705th Dec 2012 10:59 pm
KEN TODD

France 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Stu_rs wrote:
Hi Bob,

Any progress on your rebuild? I'm considering doing the same on my failed TDV6. Can't get a TDV6 engine from a trustworthy source for love nor money.

Thanks,

Stuart

I have a company to repair your engine

Best regards Ken

Post #111981619th Jun 2013 9:20 pm
accaarin

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Is it normal for engine manufacturers to not supply certain components to rebuild engines? That doesn't seem ethical at all...
 Nemo me impune lacessit  
Post #143203023rd Feb 2015 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >