Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ACC (adaptive Cruise Control) Retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 19 <123 ... 567 ... 171819>
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Hey Colin

Any chance a future update to VE could dial up the Radar power ? I've often contemplated fitting James Bondian missiles to deal with those folks who hang in the overtaking lane doing 20mph under the speed limit and zapping them with a blast from my hidden behind the bumper Radar would be very nice. If it's not powerful to vaporize the vehicle then some form of EMF pulse which would kill the electrics for ten minutes would be good enough....

OK, daydream over...

-- Stuart

Post #104021322nd Jan 2013 7:14 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I think you may have been watching too much Knight Rider Stuart Rolling with laughter

Post #104022422nd Jan 2013 7:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowayStu

You're showing my age Colin Rolling with laughter

Post #104029022nd Jan 2013 8:34 pm
kenny

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

I've now fitted the steering wheel switch in addition to the ECU and radar fitted earlier, unfortunately I've not had any success enabling it in the CCF.

Colin, you talk about putting the ACC ECU into calibration mode, can that be done on the D4 too? If so how? Same for the inputs from the system, or is this only on the Multi Vehicle licenses?

I have also wondered if the ACC ECU is meant to compliment the standard Cruise control or if replaces it, and I should remove the original?

I'll try some more over over the course of the week, but any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Post #105239810th Feb 2013 9:57 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Kenny does the ecu show up on a vehicle scan, as I can see the option in the D3 in the CCF and it does enable the ACC. And I am sure I have seen it in the D4 in the CCF.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #105245110th Feb 2013 11:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The D4 has various options for ACC, are you enabling the right one?
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #105245810th Feb 2013 11:25 am
kenny

Hi Flack, yes it does show up I have a screen shot in my gallery, it is worry that it shows the calibration part number as being not supported.... what ever that means?

As to the settings Disco_Mikey, .................Don't I just know it Big Cry Big Cry There are many settings in both the CCF and EUCD and I've tried all manner of combos and country/region settings but no Cigar so far.

I now have ACC (with out que assist) enabled in the power train tab, I've tried all the regions and having it as undefined. In the messages and warnings I have ACC shown on the dash, so it comes up as an option to turn on forward alert in vehicle setup via the steering wheel menu settings, it will let me tick the box but it un-ticks after about 2 sec. With this setting I get Cruise not available warning when I select normal CC but it still works Question

If I select any other than "standard speed control" under the "Jaguar Cruise Control" setting in the "Miscellaneous and Unused" tab then nothing works as far as cruise is concerned.

Lifting the ACC buttons has no effect at all, there is a setting for resistive ladders 1 or 2 in regards to steering wheel buttons but I haven't tried that one yet. As anyone who has done this would know it all takes time, with a test drive after each change to see if it did anything or not.

Regards Ken

Post #105248310th Feb 2013 11:50 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Quote:
Kenny does the ecu show up on a vehicle scan,

As this ACC ECU was never fitted on any D3 to our knowledge, i do not believe that the Vehicle scan function of the MSV-2 even tries to look for it. So even if it is present it may not be listed Thumbs Up

However it is included in the MSV-2 ECU Menu, as we pretty much counted on days like this, so as long as you get some settings data or fault codes from it when using the various diagnostic functions, this kinda proves it is present at the diagnostic communications level.

Quote:
the calibration part number as being not supported.... what ever that means?

Don't worry too much about that, we use generic pages for the basic settings values for most ECU's and many can have external calibration data files flashed into them which then meant they have a calibration part number.

This should not be confused with the calibration function of the ACC which is more of a self learn function.

Kenny:
Having got all the ACC functionality showing up in the dash, it does sound like you have indeed enabled it successfully in respect of the required CCF setting changes.

Next you need to put the ACC ECU into calibration mode and drive by loads of metal objects at the roadside at the requisite speeds, right now i am not even sure we have added the calibration mode in the D4 software for the ACC.

If not, i will have this quickly added and put up a patch for you.

D3 steering wheels are resistive ladder but the D4 is Lin Bus.

If it helps in determining any correct alternate setting you should consider using the Genesis Demo account which gives settings analysis percentage data on all parameters.

I hope this helps

Post #105341811th Feb 2013 6:50 pm
StornowayStu

BBS SPY wrote:
If it helps in determining any correct alternate setting you should consider using the Genesis Demo account which gives settings analysis percentage data on all parameters.

Colin, apologies if I slept through something, but I was wondering what those percentage values denoted....is there a quick explanation somewhere ?

-- Stuart

Post #105346411th Feb 2013 7:36 pm
kenny

Hi Colin,

I will look again today to see if I can find a way to place the ECU into calibration mode, but I don't think it's there?

As to the Genesis Demo account, Where do I find that? (please excuse my ignorance, I'm new at this)

In the mean time I have posted some more pictures, in no particular order (yet) of the installation of the radar unit behind the bumper. I ended up making a bracket similar to the one linked to earlier in this thread. The black angle that sits behind the radar is quite flimsy and needs to be stiffened so the radar keeps it's alignment and doesn't vibrate. The black angle is cast aluminium or similar and the bolt holes in it are blind and require tapping with a 6mm tap in order to fit the bracket.

Regards Ken

Post #105370612th Feb 2013 1:11 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Stu

No, currently no help on this.

But it's pretty obvious kinda stuff.

We analyze the CCF settings for a large number of the the AS-BUILT files we have.
Where there is an obvious percentage split, it can be taken that the value is actually used by the vehicle.

Where all vehicles have 100% set the same way, either the parameter is not used or no vehicle was ever produced with the parameter set otherwise.

It is really just an additional aid to help folks select the applicable values.

Kenny:
I will look into Calibration mode support supply on the D4.

In the meantime, Genesis demo account details can be found on this thread

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic88978.html

Post #105404912th Feb 2013 7:23 pm
PhyrraM

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

As an outsider looking in, and one who plans on eventually adding ACC to my D3 (USA model) is it possible that you also need to flash the engine (and/or transmission) ECUs to RRS versions to fully enable the ACC?
 2006 LR3 V8 HSE  
Post #105602315th Feb 2013 9:30 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Until this has been retrofitted and got fully working on a D3 / D4 this cannot be entirely discounted at this point in time PhyrraM.

Right now, we are struggling to get the Radar sensor calibrated, which is failing to happen and may be due to some problem with the FA switch wiring.

I am currently buying a new ACC ECU and switch bar to try and solve this, after which we hope that we can move forward with it.

Post #105644916th Feb 2013 6:08 pm
kenny

If we were to flash RRS or similar to the ECUs would we then need to get another software license as the car would no longer be a D4/3?

In the mean time I am eagerly waiting for Colin to get me a patch for Calibration mode support, hint Very Happy Very Happy Bow down Bow down

I tried again to day with the Faultmate and checked for error codes it was nice to see the ACC ECU had logged 7 fault codes, so it definitely "on the system "

With the genesis percentage values, have similar values been done for the EUCD settings? Also there seemed to be far less options listed on the web site that what are shown in the Vehicle Explorer software?

Post #105690517th Feb 2013 12:53 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Quote:
If we were to flash RRS or similar to the ECUs would we then need to get another software license as the car would no longer be a D4/3?

Nah, the MSV-2 license would not be affected by simply re flashing the EMS and / or Autobox to an RRS flash contents, but if you did have to do this, there might be other problems.

As i have already stated, i don't yet believe this is an issue, but if it were It might not even be possible at all.

As far as i know, ACC was standard only on the RRS supercharged vehicles. If it was not an option on RRS Diesel or non supercharged vehicles it could be that the EMS needs to be a supercharged one to be supported at all which would be quite worrying.

However even this remote possibility would not prevent the ACC system from calibrating and so this is currently our focus.
One step at a time Thumbs Up

Quote:
In the mean time I am eagerly waiting for Colin to get me a patch for Calibration mode support, hint

No hinting required, this is one of the many things we are currently and rapidly adding to the D4 software capabilities of the MSV-2 which will shortly be released as per our ongoing development schedule and plans.

In Genesis the regular CCF and EUCD CCF have been combined into one.
Also both Genesis and the MSV-2 page templates are created by the same software, so there should be no difference, although with genesis we have more flexibility and may elect to hide some irrelevant settings.

Are you toggling from Basic editing mode to Advanced editing mode Kenny.

Post #105710817th Feb 2013 7:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 19 <123 ... 567 ... 171819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >