Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

used D4 prices v new prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
disco XS

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
used D4 prices v new prices

booked a service for the D4, now 1 year old and stealer asked was i interested in a new one, not really said i Laughing but he then said he would give me a grand more than i paid a year ago for it against a new one Shocked

although the new ones are up in price with VAT etc......... would anyone else be tempted or is that just foolish?

Post #76049412th Feb 2011 10:45 am
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

i'll take it Thumbs Up
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #76049712th Feb 2011 10:55 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

Sounds tempting, you've run a car for free for a year if you do the deal Shocked

Depends if the costs of the new one are ok for you.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #76049912th Feb 2011 11:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Do it before the service and save even more! With my D3 GS I was recently offered £2k more than I paid for mine 2yrs ago by WBAC, so there were or are still deals out there although I think their days are limited now.

At the end of the day you have to look at the cost to change, remember also you will have another 1yr warranty so that is worth say £700, BUT you will have all the same niggly new car issues that took 2yrs to sort out on mine. I had also put a lot of extra costly modifications on mine that I would lose, and with the few miles I had done didn't see any benefit other than the warranty, but the cost for me to go from D3 to D4 was just silly money for something not much different in my eyes.

There will be newer models coming out no doubt as well as the new Range Rover, prices will not be going down, but depends if you want to spend more now or wait for something really different and exciting in a couple of years as I am doing Wink

Post #76050612th Feb 2011 11:19 am
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

there's got to be a catch.....will you be expected to hand over your car and wait 3 - 6 months for delivery of new one, hence dealer then flogs yours in a couple of weeks and cashes in early??

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #76051312th Feb 2011 11:36 am
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #76054112th Feb 2011 12:28 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

Can't quite get my head around this one........ Unless you negotiated a huge discount on the old one, and this is the value they are suggesting + £1000 and then you are paying list price for the new one, then I can't see why they would do it.

James Thumbs Up

Post #76061112th Feb 2011 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
buellbeast

Cmon James

Dont make me go back to Shatstones Big Cry

I'll have a HSE with every extra except TPMS Thumbs Up
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #76061612th Feb 2011 3:14 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

Laughing I am also working on tonights lottery numbers if anyone is interested! Thumbs Up

Post #76061812th Feb 2011 3:19 pm
buellbeast

Tell you what i'll let you keep the £1000 and just do you a straight swap Thumbs Up
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #76061912th Feb 2011 3:21 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Any one else wondering when the bubble will burst?? When diesel is at £1.659 a ltr (c/o tax and a couple of revolutions in middle east/N African dictatorships), winter is a distant memory (OK had a wee bit of snow but that's history), peeps think new cars are getting a little pricey (50k plus for HSE), etc, etc. When things that should have depreciated but instead rise then it does have the feel of a bubble dot-com style?

One of the reasons for selling SWMBO's car this week (apart from hardly using it) was this is too good to be true!

Discuss!

Post #76062812th Feb 2011 3:56 pm
Discotres

I did mention about the cost to change in a previous post which is the 'real' cost. I bought mine with a discount hence the £2k more than I bought it for, so without being given a figure between money for old and money for new it seems a pointless exercise as no proper judgement can be made.

Even though I was being offered £2k more the 'real' cost to change plus all the extras I had put on and lose was stupid money, plus to the normal person in the street, there is absolutely no difference between a D3 and a D4, I know as I asked the question when looking into getting a D4, they just thought it was a Land Rover Rolling Eyes

High fuel hungry cars are crashing as we speak, just look around as I have mentioned before at Jags, Porsches, Mercs and other big cars, great time to buy but scary if you own one or more of these now pretty worthless cars (compared to what was paid and what is offered now) Sad , no doubt LR will follow very soon as those with the money will go for the newly to be launched models that are lighter and more fuel efficient. There will always be a market for the older big vehicles for large families and load carrying, but at a cost, with new technology arriving and round the corner there is no way on this earth I am paying out for a new vehicle with old thirsty technology, those days are now gone.

Don't even get me started on the two huge thirsty diesel engines in my boat, although modern Volvo technology, they still need feeding on a regular basis, if you think a D3 fill is expensive to fill, try filling a boat Shocked

Post #76062912th Feb 2011 3:59 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I was offered very good money on my 05 S with nearly 90k on the clock as part of a deal on a new D4.

Very tempted by the D4, but in reality it does exactly what mine does. Having spent so much time, effort and money sorting mine out I decided to run it until it was 10 years old. However, I did treat my self to a remap, Allisport inter cooler and De cat. Very Happy

I've lost so much money buying new premium cars over the years that i decided enough was enough. I like my car and I don't need anything else.

The money I saved (£28k) I put in my pension.

Post #76064412th Feb 2011 5:42 pm
Discotres

You know what, I feel exactly the same, I used to buy things as soon as they came out, now I am older and wiser I can't be bothered, we all go through the stages in life of a having a model girlfriend, owning a Rolex watch, Sunseeker motorboat, Porsche or Ferrari, Superbike, the top of the range Amex card, Stay in suits in the best hotels, Have Exotic holidays, House with too many bedrooms, buy other unnecessary houses on a whim for no good reason, be a member of a top class golf club e.t.c. then you come to realise it is all superficial Censored and if you don't have good health none of it is any use at all Sad .

All you seem to do is buy something, have the week or so excitement then look for your next fix, whether it be a later model of what you have or another total waste of money object or gadget. All these things take some degree of maintenance and if you are not so wealthy that everything can be managed for you, your life can be swallowed up with it.

Yes I am guilty, no I am not rich, yes I still do some of it, yes I need help Rolling with laughter

Post #76066012th Feb 2011 6:10 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

Discotres wrote:
We all go through the stages in life of a having a model girlfriend, owning a Rolex watch, Sunseeker motorboat, Porsche or Ferrari, Superbike, the top of the range Amex card, Stay in suits in the best hotels, Have Exotic holidays, House with too many bedrooms, buy other unnecessary houses on a whim for no good reason, be a member of a top class golf club e.t.c.

Do we Shocked

I'm still waiting for my turn Big Cry
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #76136314th Feb 2011 10:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >