Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 55 of 286 <123 ... 545556 ... 284285286>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

IKEA......

Ordered a couple of wall units for spare bedroom just as lockdown hit so order was paused. No problem with that.

Then 5-6 weeks later get contact that online ordering now open so order can be delivered but 'ever so sorry there will be a £9.95 delivery charge', fair enough, would like to get them up as I have time..... (the units were only £50 so delivery charge a bit steep but, hey ho....).

Said they will take a week but they were delivered, unannounced, after three days. Great Thumbs Up

Units are there, shelves are there but not the special rails to hang them to the wall Rolling Eyes

Unable to call the stores so have to log on to 'virtual store' and join queue. After about 70 minutes site crashed. Start again and crashed after about an hour. Tried next morning and queue was twice as long but eventually got there.

They were ever so sorry, can see they had missed the rails and replacements would be delivered ASAP..........that'll be a months time then Shocked Pointed out that they must have deliveries going around before then and that first order took 3 days. I said they shouldn't add me to the 'end' of their delivery slots but look for a current delivery round that came sooner for their mistake (they actually blamed the error on the 'difficulties of Covid-19' Rolling Eyes ).

I asked if they could cancel the original rails and re-order them and I could expect them in 3 days. Yes, I could do that (so they have a delivery slot for that then?) but delivery charge was £4.95 and they had no way to waive that fee as 'computer says no'. A lot of typing back and forth (I couldn't complain as 'complaints not accepted due to Covid-19 situation'......) and then out the blue they said they would deliver them that week.

They turned up but the required mounting 'blocks' for the rails had three of four missing (and the one there was broken) and 50% of fixings were missing FFS.

Managed to cobble something appropriate suitable to replicate the (hidden) fixing process for the rail and job finally completed. At least SWMBO is happy Wink

Post #215001929th May 2020 8:33 am
JMack

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hardware wrote:

Repeat the headline 197 card bit ... but wait ! There's an important difference
Quote:

Just 197 premium and luxury sports vehicles rolled off factory lines, with 45 of those sent to UK customers.

And now we get the real figures ...
Quote:

In April there were 830 new car engines made at UK plants, 781 of which were exported. This level was down 99.5% on the year before.

OK... it IS a massive drop in output and will cause issues for many companies going forward BUT why on earth do they need to over-sensationalise the headline?

Unless the only cars that matter to BBC reporters are McLaren, Bentley, Rolls Royce etc.

Your "real figure" is, as it says, for engines made, not cars.

The article also states "Before production mostly stopped, the few cars that were produced were luxury cars from brands like McLaren, Bentley and Rolls Royce".

How true it is that only three brands were manufacturing though...

I'm not sure what the actual situation is with e.g. the Nissan factory, did they close/shut production?

Post #215002029th May 2020 8:40 am
astonbuilder

Pretty sure all car companies will have, technically, built cars during the lock-down period. At JLR clearance of WIP and customer ordered vehicles were progressed to completion and it was also in our interest to get cars to dealers on 60-day payment terms to trigger some income as that time ticked by.

Post #215002629th May 2020 8:55 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
IAt least SWMBO is happy Wink

So what's the problem? Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #215003329th May 2020 9:46 am
astonbuilder

It's me that got the stress of dealing with IKEA, finding a solution that worked and then having to implement it - that's the problem Laughing

Post #215003429th May 2020 9:49 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #215003629th May 2020 9:54 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

astonbuilder wrote:
It's me that got the stress of dealing with IKEA, finding a solution that worked and then having to implement it - that's the problem Laughing

You did it too quickly. She'll expect that kind of turnaround for all future projects.

I always remember Scotty in Star Trek: The Next Generation expressing his dismay when he learned that the chief engineer had given the captain a realistic estimate for fixing the engines.

Quote:
SCOTT: Do you mind a little advice? Starfleet captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way, but the secret is to give them only what they need, not what they want.
LAFORGE: Yeah, well I told the Captain I'd have this analysis done in an hour.
SCOTT: How long will it really take?
LAFORGE: An hour.
SCOTT: You didn't tell him how long it would really take, did you?
LAFORGE: Of course I did.
SCOTT: Oh, laddie, you've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.

One of my maxims for estimating job times for SWMBO.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #215004229th May 2020 10:37 am
astonbuilder

sounds like work...... Laughing

Post #215004329th May 2020 10:41 am
al cope

England 

I had a couple of cheques that needed to be paid into my account at Barclays. Last week got an update message via their app to say I could now pay cheque in via the app - great methinks, saves having to go to the bank, but searched everywhere in the app and couldnt find out how to do it. Tried the helpdeak to be told "ahh, we havent deployed that yet" - so why send out a message for a service I cant use - tw@ts.

And after trying to order a chair from Ikea, dont get me stated on that one Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #215007629th May 2020 1:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

astonbuilder wrote:

Send them back and let them reorder, we did that with wardrobes that had been put up but the wrong shelves sent (Ikea told us to do this) it was quicker than messing about waiting for bits.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #215008229th May 2020 1:53 pm
Pelyma

England 

astonbuilder wrote:
Pretty sure all car companies will have, technically, built cars during the lock-down period. At JLR clearance of WIP and customer ordered vehicles were progressed to completion and it was also in our interest to get cars to dealers on 60-day payment terms to trigger some income as that time ticked by.

Rolls Royce started building cars 3 weeks ago, they only have one shift on, but are building more cars than one shift would usually.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #215008329th May 2020 1:55 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

al cope wrote:
I had a couple of cheques that needed to be paid into my account at Barclays. Last week got an update message via their app to say I could now pay cheque in via the app - great methinks, saves having to go to the bank, but searched everywhere in the app and couldnt find out how to do it.

Al

I've got the Barclays app, having signed in tap on Pay & Transfer at the bottom of the screen, and then tap on Pay in a Cheque from the 6 buttons that come up.

I tried to use this about a week or so ago, the app asks you to take a photo of the front and back of the cheque but it won't square up and save the picture of the cheque. So having messed around for 20 minutes or so I gave up and went into the local branch.

So although I could find the function it still didn't Censored work!
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #215008729th May 2020 2:49 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
astonbuilder wrote:

Rolls Royce started building cars 3 weeks ago, they only have one shift on, but are building more cars than one shift would usually.

I wonder why that is. Maybe the staff are well rested and eager to get back after furlough, or maybe knowing that they're "it" at the moment means they're making more of an effort.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #215008929th May 2020 3:12 pm
al cope

England 

@ ianm - my barclays app doesnt have that option under the Pay and transfer section Evil or Very Mad

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #215009429th May 2020 3:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Pelyma wrote:

I wonder why that is. Maybe the staff are well rested and eager to get back after furlough, or maybe knowing that they're "it" at the moment means they're making more of an effort.

is it the same folks working each shift ? in which case iight be as simple as when you re-start next day, you know where everything was when you finished night before rather than a 30 mins shift handover ?

Post #215009929th May 2020 4:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 55 of 286 <123 ... 545556 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >